1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 38 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 11:36 AM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good to know. I will resist calling them until Thurs.

If the clock in my head is right then I should have my mini by Oct. 13th at the latest. Does that sound right? Headed from Oxford to Charleston to Kansas City...

Old 09-09-2008, 01:21 PM
jeremyjcw
1st Gear
Well, I tried to hold off calling 1-866-CRACKPIPE but the temptation was just too strong.

PW/B JCW (with lots of goodies) scheduled for Week 38. PHMPOA makes the wait a little more painful, but I'm certain this little car is going to be worth the wait.

Old 09-09-2008, 02:14 PM
signcarver
4th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
lol 1-866-CRACKPIPE....
the production system was down BUT the extremely nice customer relations rep told me that my production COMPLETE date is 9/15!!! yahooooooo....

Old 09-09-2008, 03:20 PM
rasputinj
4th Gear
I am also trying to 12 step to hold off on calling 866-CRACKPIPE until Thursday, maybe tomorrow. I think we will have to have a production party, on the boat party, VDC party. The ultimate party is when we fly into LV to pickup the MCCSm PW/B, we might have to rent out a club there or something. I am going crazy waiting for the VIN.

Old 09-09-2008, 04:19 PM
WhiteRabbit
1st Gear
That is great news. Did my crackpipe call yesterday. Guess I have only at best a day to decide whether to keep my wheels or not lol. So close but the wait is killing me!!!

Old 09-09-2008, 05:31 PM
minimo56
1st Gear
OMG...that is the funniest thing I've read in a long time!! I totally know what you mean though....every day I say I won't call-but I do. I'm starting to get to know the people at 866-CRACKPIPE personally!

Old 09-09-2008, 05:49 PM
bfrance
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just called the crackpipe line. My Cooper has started production and is scheduled for completion on 9/16/08!!!!

Man, it's going to be a hard wait until it gets here!!!!

-Ben

Old 09-09-2008, 05:52 PM
signcarver
4th Gear
well it is good to know that i'm not the only nut out here...

Old 09-09-2008, 06:04 PM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
I just broke down and called... still they told me nothing more than "scheduled for production in week 38" Why am I being punished! I want a completion date too!!

Old 09-09-2008, 07:04 PM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
Yesterday the pushers told me week 38. Today, they are telling me just scheduled for production with no date. I'm bummed. Why would they have a week one day and not the next?

Jen

Old 09-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Fret not, all will come together and you'll be driving by the end of October, me thinks.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:34 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Hi Everyone,
I'm a newbie, and it seems a week 38-er too. That 1-866-CRACKPIPE is hysterical! Called them yesterday, for the first time- nice guy I spoke with. Really helpful! Looks like I had originally been week 37 and then bumped up (I think the factory had a vacation in August?). The "pusher" said I should go into production on Sept. 14 and out on Sept 20... then 17 days in the water (must be the james bond version!) to arrive in Charleston (will my MCCS say "y'all?") and delivery to moi at the end of October.
It took me a while to find out about NAM- and then even longer to join and get activated. That *may* be why there aren't many on this group, they may be having a similar experience? Just a thought.
I hope you don't mind if I join you and bite my nails in company
Thanks- Vivi
on order- '09 MCCS HC/S, Convenience/Premium/Cold, HC Lounge/Cream white color line/brushed alloy and a bunch of bells and whistles!

Old 09-10-2008, 05:51 AM
signcarver
4th Gear
Welcome TN Mini Mama. I too am a newbie and have found the board to very friendly and helplful!

I discovered the "Pulse" feature at the top right of this window which will always keep you up to date with the latest posts.

Your car sounds beautiful.

Steve

Last edited by signcarver; 09-10-2008 at 05:52 AM. Reason: removed extra "very"
Old 09-10-2008, 06:20 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Thanks for the info Steve- That pulse feature is cool. Here's a tip, if you have a mac, there is a widget for it to track your mini... I found this in the First Gear, How to Track your MINI: Revised, Expanded and Updated
The widget (again for Mac and I believe it's only for OSX) is found here:
https://www.northamericanmotoring.com...d.php?t=145648

And thanks, I can't wait to see my car in person
You're sounds wonderful and FAST! A fun car to drive! And is going to be BEAUTIFUL! Wow -
Vivi

Old 09-10-2008, 06:24 AM
signcarver
4th Gear
Thanks for the info Vivi.

the Pulse is the poor man's widget for those of us in with PCs (darnit) - someday i'll switch to the Mac...

Old 09-10-2008, 10:54 AM
mesomini
1st Gear
Hi All,

I think I'm in this week with you?! Monday they said I was a Week 38, but the guy said it all depended on when my production started. Called back today & the automated system said my baby's in production with a scheduled completion date of 9/16.

Does anyone know what port my Mini would go to since I live in Kansas City? I'm thinking Charleston, SC? How do I find this out. The guy at ASK MINI asked me what port and I asked him how I would know??? He figured it would either be NJ or SC??? Why wouldn't he know? I've tried to read as many threads as possible, but didn't see an answer to this. Maybe I missed it? Sorry if it has been asked before.

Thanks! This is a wonderful site.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:23 AM
rasputinj
4th Gear
Just got off the automated CRACKPIPE line and we are in production with a completion date of the 15th. Happy days are coming very soon.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:30 AM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
I just called and STILL have no confirmed production date...this is starting to worry me, especially now that someone else in Kansas City sees a completion date. If I keep bumped I will be super disappointed, I am buying a near base mini, it should be a breeze to build!

Old 09-10-2008, 11:33 AM
gaffer
3rd Gear
Just called the automated 866-CRACKPIPE and got a production date: 9/16!!!

Old 09-10-2008, 11:46 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mesomini
Hi All,

Does anyone know what port my Mini would go to since I live in Kansas City? I'm thinking Charleston, SC? How do I find this out. The guy at ASK MINI asked me what port and I asked him how I would know??? He figured it would either be NJ or SC??? Why wouldn't he know? I've tried to read as many threads as possible, but didn't see an answer to this. Maybe I missed it? Sorry if it has been asked before.

Thanks! This is a wonderful site.
Hi! I found my port information on the Vehicle Inquiry Report my MA gave me when I put my deposit down (it's the sheet with your production number on it). My VIR is hard to read (his printer was going) but on the upper right hand side -above the design info/prices- there is a column of information. It shows "Assigned to" "Alt Ship To" and then "Port Loc" . The information in the Port Loc area is your port. Charleston is:
CHSPA. That's where mine is coming and I'm in middle TN- about 8 hours from you I think- I would suspect it would be the same for you (NJ is pretty far away, imho)

You can find much more information about how to track your mini in the thread "How to Track Your Mini: Revised, Expanded & Updated" at: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=144057

There is some incredibly informative info there.

Best of luck- Vivi

Old 09-10-2008, 11:51 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by signcarver
Thanks for the info Vivi.

the Pulse is the poor man's widget for those of us in with PCs (darnit) - someday i'll switch to the Mac...

I was a PC user up until '06 when I just got fed up with having to know how to fix the stupid thing (my husband is a techno geek and fixes PC's for a living... all from his Mac!).

Unless I'm using it incorrectly, the Pulse only lets you know when a new post is being made, whereas the Widget checks the status of your mini on order (instead of you having to go to the owner's lounge and listen to the music while waiting for your info to load... only to find that you're still "on order")

But the widget won't work on PC's... so, my friend, you must bravely go to the owner's lounge for your daily (hourly?) checks and PLEASE let us know if the background music changes (roflmao!)

Old 09-10-2008, 11:54 AM
mesomini
1st Gear
Thanks so much....I'm embarrassed to say, but I read this thread last week....I must have been focused on something else. I appreciate the help!

Promise I won't ask any more stupid questions!

Misti

Old 09-10-2008, 12:01 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mesomini

Promise I won't ask any more stupid questions!

Misti
Not a stupid question Misti... I could have easily asked the same thing- and would have had I not been held up with my activation
Vivi

Old 09-10-2008, 12:03 PM
gaffer
3rd Gear
I couldn't stand it... I called back and talked to a rep. and was told that the "system" is down, can't look up the start date, but we have a completion date of 9/16. (Apparently they don't just offer information, you have to specifically ask.) I asked if it had a VIN yet and she said yes, so I asked and got the VIN number too! In the owner's lounge it only says on order.

TNminimama: If you have the Vehicle Inquiry Report from when you ordered your car (that has your options and prices on it) in the upper right corner it has the abbreviation for the port location. Our Clubman is going to Nashville via Charleston Harbor.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:28 PM
signcarver
4th Gear
Jeremyjcw - see what you started... the hotline is now forever known as 1-866-CRACKPIPE...

MiniMama - my wife is a retired school teacher and used Macs at her school and always loved them. i spent 30 years in software even before PCs existed and the companies i worked for always used PCs. Since i retired i've been doing web development and really wish i could move to the Mac - i have so darn much software on the PC it will be painful, although Adobe will switch your licenses for free. i have so many other extraneous programs that migrating or repurchasing them is a daunting and expensive task.

Mac wannabee...

btw - even my wife recognizes the Owner's Lounge music now (catchy tune...)

Steve

Last edited by signcarver; 09-10-2008 at 12:53 PM. Reason: typo

Quick Reply: Week 38 Support Group