1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 38 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 08:34 AM
gaffer
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, I FINALLY figured out how to upload pictures to my gallery, so now there is a picture of the new Clubman in MINI of Nashville's showroom (wife in background). Also a picture of the '05 and a picture of the Clubman on I-65 taken from the Cooper on the way home from Nashville Monday. It was a blast having both MINIs on the trip back. OK, lets see some more pictures of week 38 cars!

Old 10-15-2008, 08:51 AM
mesomini
1st Gear
gaffer -

SWWWWEEEEEETTTT Ride!

Good color choice if I do say so myself! Can't wait until 5pm & I'll be right there with you. Thanks so much for posting pics. It made my day!

Mist

Old 10-15-2008, 08:59 AM
mesomini
1st Gear
Ben & Vivi - Congrats! Can't wait to see pics.

Jake - I'm so jealous. Have fun today at Baron.

Mist

Old 10-15-2008, 09:34 AM
Lil Blue Coop/Mini Rose
5th Gear
Just noticed the Western Hwy as been moved to 10/17 for the docking in SC. Another ship took the 10/16 spot. Another day delay!!

Old 10-15-2008, 10:20 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Awesome car Gaffer! Now I'm worried that I ordered PW/PW. I like the black roof but it gets so dang hot here and with those summer showers and then baking sun black gets so spotted/stained. Hope I didn't make a mistake. Is there such thing as an ugly MINI? I hope not.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:18 PM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
http://www.flickr.com/photos/iancahill/2945305882/

It is finally mine! I just stopped home to drop off my spare set of tires (non-all-seasons) Baron was great, I got free rubber floor mats, a water bottle, an umbrella, a keychain, and some mints!! I was in and out in 90 min. Now it is time to drive! Later...

Old 10-15-2008, 12:33 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Beautiful car Jakery! Enjoy yourself...I know you are. Congratulations!!!

Old 10-15-2008, 12:44 PM
ColonialHoo
2nd Gear
Congrats to all who have finally united with their newest family member. Picked mine up on Thursday last, and this is the first time I have had time to sit down and post. I promised a recount of my delivery, so here goes.

Luckily, we had a very smooth and easy delivery experience. My wife and I headed over to Virginia Beach Thursday noontime and got a bite for lunch prior to our 1pm appointment. Got to the dealer a bit before 1, and our MA started right away. My wife had not even seen an R56 up close before delivery, and she was giving me a bit of grief about an earlier comment I had made about there being no MCSs around for her to test drive (the dealer was full with cars - most already sold though). The paperwork went very smoothly, and while we were waiting for the "finance guy", Nathan started showing us around the car. The wife got into the drivers seat and her only comment was "This is a lot bigger than I thought." BINGO!! I knew she would like it once she got near it, but her reaction was perfect.

My wife had to leave to get one of our kids from school, so she was clock watching pretty intently. The finance guy had her sign the few pieces of paper where her signature was required, and we sent her on her way. After the money changed hands, Nathan came back and finished up going over the interior with me. I then spoke with the Sales Manager, 'graded' my MA and the entire delivery experience, and headed off on the drive home.

In hindsight, the drive home was very uneventful, with no dumptrucks kicking up rocks and no blatant idiots vying to put the first mark on the MINI. In real time, however, I was totally giddy and smiling like a fool the whole time. I couldn't get over how tight the car felt and how well it handled. After driving an MDX for a few years, this car feels like it's on rails. It willingly goes wherever you tell it to go, and at the same time, it is very civilized.

After almost a week and a bit over 500 miles, I think I have now decided on a name. As this car is a proper British chap, and it is my sidekick, only one name seems to fit the car. From here on, MINI will be known as Penfold. Any Dangermouse fans out there will understand.

Anywho, here are a few pics of Penfold.

Attached Thumbnails Week 38 Support Group-dsc_0390resize.jpg   Week 38 Support Group-dsc_0392resize.jpg   Week 38 Support Group-dsc_0402resize.jpg  
Old 10-15-2008, 12:50 PM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by ColonialHoo

After almost a week and a bit over 500 miles, I think I have now decided on a name. As this car is a proper British chap, and it is my sidekick, only one name seems to fit the car. From here on, MINI will be known as Penfold. Any Dangermouse fans out there will understand.

Anywho, here are a few pics of Penfold.
My 04MC PS/B is named Mouse...for...you guessed it! I had a beautiful front plate with a pic of Dangermouse and Penfold on it until my DH backed into it.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:51 PM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
By the way, it didn't do too much damage to the car, but the plate was toast.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:18 PM
ColonialHoo
2nd Gear
Sorry to hear about your plate. I'd love to see what it looks(ed) like. Have you found a replacement yet? If so, I would love to know where you found it. It's good to hear there are a few Dangermouse fans out there.

Unfortunately in Virginia, we are required to wear both plates on the car.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:22 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Colonial, that's a beautiful car you spec'd out there. Of course I say that to almost all the MINI's but your guy is quite dapper with the BRG & Creme. Awesome choice...I know you're loving it. Good job!

Old 10-15-2008, 01:44 PM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
[quote=ColonialHoo;2510641]Sorry to hear about your plate. I'd love to see what it looks(ed) like. Have you found a replacement yet? If so, I would love to know where you found it. It's good to hear there are a few Dangermouse fans out there.

[quote]

Ah, DH had my Dangermouse/Penfold plate made for me for my birthday a couple of years ago by one of those airbrush artists. I told him for the next one I just wanted the D/M logo. But now, Mouse is moving to a new home as I welcome Duncan.

Old 10-15-2008, 05:52 PM
signcarver
4th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ColonialHoo - beautiful car! My wife and I were in Williamsburg twice in the past week picking up and returning our grandson to college at William and Mary.

We love Williamsburg having spent our honeymoon there in 1966 and returned there at least 40 times since. The place has changed considerably since our first trip there. we always walk "DOG" street no matter what else we do. Our grandson is teaching us all or the local terms such as "confusion corner" there at the end of Merchant's Square.

We did see a red/white MINI and a white MINI but not yours.

I still only have 200 miles on my MINI and decided not to bring it on either trip but we'll be back at Thanksgiving again and that time we will bring the MINI unless my grandson has too much stuff to bring home.

My game is now, everywhere we go, to count MINIs. Got 8 on our way down but only 2 on the way home (the trip is 300 miles one way but we take back roads (or what used to be back roads - Route 301 and 17). We live in New Jersey, near Philadelphia.

You just don't see many MINIs... which is OK with me - makes our cars all the more special...

Steve

Old 10-16-2008, 06:03 AM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
Now that we are all getting our cars (which I love by the way) I hope that this group doesn't disperse! I know I will get the board in mind when I have questions and things.

Congrats to all of you! See you on the road...

Old 10-16-2008, 10:51 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Jakery, I'm with you. I feel like we're all extended family. We've been through a lot and hope we all keep in touch.

Old 10-16-2008, 11:33 AM
mesomini
1st Gear
Got her last night. So sweet. Too dark to take pics, will try tonight & post. So worth the 4 month wait. Baron Mini ROCKED. They were wonderful.

Old 10-16-2008, 12:10 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Congratulations! Glad you had a smooth transaction. Enjoy & post pics ASAP!

Old 10-16-2008, 03:25 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Hallo my friends! Yup, I've surfaced again Sorry, but it's been a long few days- not only have I been enjoying MochaLatte, but I've also had a sick child, a good friend's husband is in the hospital and another good friend is herself in the hospital.
On top of that, I haven't taken any good pictures (hard to take pix while driving
This is what I know...

WEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeee

Ok, Mocha seems to really enjoy the back roads, with the exception of the road I'm on as it's chip & tar with lots of pebbles on it. She also isn't too fond of my driveway (1/4 mile straight up hill, washed out gravel- long story, we're trying to do something about it, but can't pave as it's on the north side of a hill and becomes a skating rink as is in the winter).
Mocha has received her window tint (including sunroof)- I chose a Wincos 20% (can barely tell it's tinted, but it has a 90 something odd heat dispersion thingy... and yes, I did actually check out the difference with real glass and real heat... altho I know I don't sound like I know what I'm talking about). Mocha also has "invisi-shield" on her hood to her bumper at her boot... She's waiting on her hot chocolate leather shift *** and bootie, brake bootie and ***, and steering wheel. She's got her roof racks, which I like and will use, but are noisy. Her spoiler is GREAT.
I drove her today on the interstate in the rain. In Hilda the Cinderblock, I'm usually nervous with all the big rigs- but in Mocha, I was confident and felt completely safe. Didn't feel like I was in a little car at all- it's amazing how much room there is, and how she hugs the road.
I'm a happy mama! Kids love her. Hubby is dying to drive her. And I do promise to get pix out.
Yes, my friends, lets keep this thread going- it will be fun to hear how y'all like your cars, if the wait was worth it, and how much money your hairdresser is making off this (you know- covering those grey hairs?!)
TTFN-
Vivi

Old 10-16-2008, 03:39 PM
Lil Blue Coop/Mini Rose
5th Gear
Congrats ViVi, We cannot wait. I guess we will have Mini Rose some day the end of next week we hope. How long was it from the ship landing until you pick up MochaLatte?

Old 10-16-2008, 03:56 PM
JBMJBM
1st Gear
My car finally gets off loaded tomorrow on US soil! It seems like I am the last one of this production week. I still have at least a week before it get to Houston. Hope all of you are enjoying your cars, as I should be soon.

Old 10-16-2008, 03:56 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Mocha got into Charleston on the 8th, a day earlier than the manifest indicated. I got Mocha on the 14th. 6 days... which I actually thought was odd, as I didn't have any installs done at the VDC- but I think it may have to do with my clubbie being an "s"....
I bet you're jumping out of your skins... and I've noticd you've just ordered Lil Blue... so a two clubbie fam?! what fun.. I can't wait to hear our Mini Rose is-
Good luck-
Vivi

Old 10-16-2008, 04:11 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by JBMJBM
My car finally gets off loaded tomorrow on US soil! It seems like I am the last one of this production week. I still have at least a week before it get to Houston. Hope all of you are enjoying your cars, as I should be soon.

Oh the excitement build doesn't it JBMJBM! That sweet ride will be in your hands before you know it. Can't wait to hear-
Vivi

Old 10-16-2008, 04:15 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Originally Posted by JBMJBM
JBM, I think there is a total of seven cars (mine included) from our production week that sailed on MV Western Highway. Good luck to you & all my fellow left-behinders. In a week or so we'll all be able to share our delivery & first drive stories....fingers crossed for everyone.

Old 10-16-2008, 04:18 PM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
JBM - there are several of us on your ship. You're not alone, nor the last. Sigh.

Quick Reply: Week 38 Support Group