1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 38 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 10:01 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DooBahDoo
Gotta love me some Vivi & the dancing smiles. I hope that's "Lucky Tiki Vivi". Did you find a Cooper Jumpie for the party? I'm so there...
Yup... Lucky Tiki Vivi, I like that! No, couldn't find a Cooper Jumpie thang- I did ask MoN and they said it had been provided by corporate...Kids will have to do without, I'll just put the $ I saved into the psychiatry fund so they can tell some shrink about how deprived they were as children <snicker>

So, I *finally* got some photos posted in my gallery. Phew! Took a rocket scientist, down loading a new software and homage to the immortal of the day to get it done.

Can't wait to see more of everyone else's photos- Doo, you should be driving early next week, yes? Let me know- I can meet ya at the dealership after your bad news (i.e., the bill) - OH... totally forgot... that was the funniest part of the whole picking up my car thang. Richey and I had been laughing thru the whole pickup, as he didn't have any of the paper work, had found my paper work on Justin's desk (he's been in Jamaica getting married), couldn't figure out how to get the roof racks on, etc. Then he takes me to do the financial stuff, I walk into Mr. Financial guy's office, he looks at me, I look at him and we both say at the same time "I know you!" Richey just looks at the two of us and can't believe it. Took us about 1/2 hour to figure out where we knew eachother from- 15 years ago, we both trained at the same Dojo.
Didn't help me in the financial department, he didn't knock anything off my bill (boo hoo), but he did save me the whole "buy this" schpeel- I knew what I wanted in the "extra warrenty" department anyway, based on my driving habits and mileage... But it was pretty funny...
Small world!

OH... good gossip here folks- Mini of Nashville is currently the #2 dealership in the country. Which explains why there has been an EXPLOSION of MINI's in the area. What's hysterical, is that I've never seen them advertise anywhere- Anyway, they're trying to become #1...

That said, of the 5 MINIS I saw today, only 1 didn't wave. And she had a phone plastered to her ear and a look of dread on her face. Guess she lost something in the stock market today?!

TTFN- Vivi

Old 10-18-2008, 05:20 PM
Draikonius
2nd Gear
Stopped by the dealership today and picked up a JCW leather/alcantara steering wheel. Ordered an Alta 4" stubby antenna, GoMINIGo brake light pulser, wheel arch light smoke out kit, M7 Ultimate lower grill, and red interior light kit. Going to get the windows tinted as soon as possible and black out the beltline. The garage is going to be full before Naz ever shows up! This will be my third MINI purchase and I'm more excited about this one than the others I think.

Old 10-18-2008, 05:28 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Draikonius
Stopped by the dealership today and picked up a JCW leather/alcantara steering wheel. Ordered an Alta 4" stubby antenna, GoMINIGo brake light pulser, wheel arch light smoke out kit, M7 Ultimate lower grill, and red interior light kit. Going to get the windows tinted as soon as possible and black out the beltline. The garage is going to be full before Naz ever shows up! This will be my third MINI purchase and I'm more excited about this one than the others I think.
Ok Draik,
I'm afraid I didn't understand most of what you're talking about... what is a brake light pulser, a wheel arch light smoke out kit, the beltline... and what is alcantara?
Sorry to be so ignorant- but I really am curious! And it's fun hearing what you and others are doing to mod their minis...
Thanks- Vivi

Old 10-18-2008, 08:20 PM
Draikonius
2nd Gear
Vivi, the brake light pulser causes your high mounted brake light to pulse 4 times in 1 sec before coming on solid (helps get peoples attention so they are less likely to rear end you), the wheel arch light smoke out kit is a tint for the marker lights on the black wheel arches (you can still see the lights when turned on but when the lights are off you don't see the red lens), the belt line is the chrome strip that runs just below the windows. I did it to my current MINI (DS/B with dark tint) and I think it "pulls the car together". Alcantara is a suede like material, the steering wheel is a combination of leather and alcantara. The JCW wheel is much thicker and more padded than the stock steering wheel but a slightly smaller diameter. Still trying to decide what kind of stripes I want to put on, but leaning toward one large black with pinstripes on each side across the boot and bonnet (maybe red across the roof) and not stopping at the end of the bonnet, but coming all the way down to the bottom spoiler.

Old 10-18-2008, 09:23 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Sounds like Draik is going to have one fantastic ride. Any idea when you will get to pick up?

Vivi, JoMo says he thinks he and I will get our cars Tuesday...I'll give you a call on my way up if you think you can say hi. Great pics of Mocha (and the kids)...lol Are you just loving it?

Old 10-19-2008, 06:52 AM
hemmingway_bg
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HOOD RELEASE PROBLEM

I picked up my MCS yesterday. I opened the bonnet once at the dealer. Today the bonnet will not open. The outside release is already compressed. This is a known problem but I have not found a customer fix yet. I am giving a heads up to grease moving parts for the hood release.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:11 AM
Draikonius
2nd Gear
Yesterday while at the dealership my MA checked and said Naz was on the train to go to the VDC. Might already be there by now and they are working 7 days a week. With the extra 3-4 days for the aero kit install I'm looking at the 27th or 28th at the dealership.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:12 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Bummer! I've never had that problem with my 08's but will definitely make a note.

Old 10-19-2008, 10:16 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Draikonius
Vivi, the brake light pulser causes your high mounted brake light to pulse 4 times in 1 sec before coming on solid (helps get peoples attention so they are less likely to rear end you), the wheel arch light smoke out kit is a tint for the marker lights on the black wheel arches (you can still see the lights when turned on but when the lights are off you don't see the red lens), the belt line is the chrome strip that runs just below the windows. I did it to my current MINI (DS/B with dark tint) and I think it "pulls the car together". Alcantara is a suede like material, the steering wheel is a combination of leather and alcantara. The JCW wheel is much thicker and more padded than the stock steering wheel but a slightly smaller diameter. Still trying to decide what kind of stripes I want to put on, but leaning toward one large black with pinstripes on each side across the boot and bonnet (maybe red across the roof) and not stopping at the end of the bonnet, but coming all the way down to the bottom spoiler.
Thanks Draik-
I'm going to look into those pulser brake lights- almost got rear-ended yesterday by some idiot who was driving horrendously. My only hope is that he was on the way to the hospital- he passed 2 cars at a red light on a 2 line road after tailgating us for 5 miles. There was nowhere to pull over or I would have. I was especially ticked as I had my son in the car & had this moron hit us, arrrrghhhh... he would have lost more than some points on his liscence- he would have lost his manhood.
'Scuse me- usually not the violent type, but when it comes to my kids, watch out!
Thanks for taking the time to explain all this. I can't wait to see how your car looks. You've got some great mods there Draik-
Thanks again- Vivi

Old 10-19-2008, 10:26 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Sounds like Draik is going to have one fantastic ride. Any idea when you will get to pick up?

Vivi, JoMo says he thinks he and I will get our cars Tuesday...I'll give you a call on my way up if you think you can say hi. Great pics of Mocha (and the kids)...lol Are you just loving it?

Thanks Doo-
Let me know- I carry my cell with me everywhere (almost, I have found one prob with my Clubbie... and that's that I tend to leave the cell in the armrest and have to send my son out for it all the time!). I have to be back on the farm by noon on Tues as I have a friend coming out to help me with this young quarterhorse mare I have- but call- if it's before training time, maybe I could sneak off the place and Honk!
Of course, if you get your car in early afternoon, I can sneak off around 4 pm ish. You might just *want* to go try some twisties over near Loveless... (insert evil grin)
Can't wait - I'm as excited as you are about getting your car. And everyone elses for that matter, LOL. too much fun!
V

Old 10-19-2008, 01:03 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Vivi, I'll let you know as soon as I hear from JoMo. I'm going to have to do a lot of riding around Nashville. I was all over Nashville, Brentwood, and Franklin yesterday and I still haven't found a house. At this point I am going to rent a condo or house because I need to be moving next weekend and there's no way to close a mortgage in the next two weeks. Major requirements are that they take my 109# lab and it has a garage for the MINIs.

Old 10-19-2008, 02:48 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Vivi, I'll let you know as soon as I hear from JoMo. I'm going to have to do a lot of riding around Nashville. I was all over Nashville, Brentwood, and Franklin yesterday and I still haven't found a house. At this point I am going to rent a condo or house because I need to be moving next weekend and there's no way to close a mortgage in the next two weeks. Major requirements are that they take my 109# lab and it has a garage for the MINIs.

Oh Dear Doo... I know of just the place, but they can only take a 108# lab (roflmao)... WHAT are you feeding that dog?!
Give me a call -
V

Old 10-19-2008, 03:59 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
What do you mean? He's lost 5 lbs this summer...lol
He's big-boned...gets it from me. His sire was 120 lbs.
I purchased him from a farmer in Stockton, CA. He's gorgeous...but when I took him for his first visit to the vet here she called him fat and I told her he was just living large and it looked like she should understand. See, I'm usually polite, but like you with the a$$ trying to run over you with your kid in the car...I'm like that with Jackson...he's my child...she was fat & ugly...he's big & beautiful...

Old 10-19-2008, 04:03 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Sorry for the non-mini sig-pic but I thought you guys should meet Jackson. He prefers cruising in his old car...until MINI starts making cars with roll-down rear windows.

Old 10-19-2008, 04:39 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Sorry for the non-mini sig-pic but I thought you guys should meet Jackson. He prefers cruising in his old car...until MINI starts making cars with roll-down rear windows.
Awwww.. he's so darned cute! And I certainly wouldn't make any serious weight remarks (unless it was health related), as there isn't a soul on this farm that couldn't afford to miss a few meals! people included.

You'll have to bring Jackson to the farm someday and let him romp and play with Capri & Lightning. I'm afraid he won't leave a clean pup tho- there's all sorts of LOVELY things to roll in and a nice big pond with mud, frogs, fish and turtles to explore.

V

Old 10-19-2008, 04:56 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
He doesn't mind chunky jokes...one of his pet names is pig-panties...lol I only take offense when it's fat "health professionals" pointing the finger. Sounds like a good farm to me. I can't stand the thought of anything being hungry or thirsty...my family nurtured through food...italian/french on mom's side so good spicey food. I've heard SOL is good in Franklin. Maybe we can put together a meet on the square in Franklin, grab a bite and then motor some fun backroads...?...whatcha think?

Old 10-20-2008, 08:31 AM
MrPinkFloyd
2nd Gear
....should be picking mine up today! FINALLY!

Old 10-20-2008, 08:34 AM
gaffer
3rd Gear
It's great to see pictures of the week 38 cars showing up in the galleries; Vivi, your car is a beauty! Did 3 mods over the weekend: Added M7 strut tower reinforcement plates, factory front mud flaps, and a Craven Speed grill badge holder. You have to take the grill out to install the badge holder, also the screws that come with the badge holder aren't long enough for the slat style chrome grill. Thanks to a "how to" on NAM it was very easy to do. The mud flaps were the harder of the 3 but also found a "how to" on that. Check my gallery for the picture of the grill removed; notice the MINI hood emblem on the lawnmower (yeah, I've got it bad).

Old 10-20-2008, 08:43 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
He doesn't mind chunky jokes...one of his pet names is pig-panties...lol I only take offense when it's fat "health professionals" pointing the finger. Sounds like a good farm to me. I can't stand the thought of anything being hungry or thirsty...my family nurtured through food...italian/french on mom's side so good spicey food. I've heard SOL is good in Franklin. Maybe we can put together a meet on the square in Franklin, grab a bite and then motor some fun backroads...?...whatcha think?
Wow- didn't know SOL even existed... shows you how much I get out- oops! Guess SOL is in the old Choices (4th on Main) building. Sounds really good- I think a lot will depend on when you get your car. Cam is going to be at my place to help me with the horse at 12:30, and we're here until probably 3 ish- then kids start getting home.

Buzz me on my cell- can't wait to see your car, & meet you & Pig-Panties (my pigs are having a small hissy at that name! They would like to inform you that a good decent pig does NOT wear panties... or any other HUMAN clothes for that matter, now where's the food?! LOL)

speaking of spoiled rotten critters, I must go feed my spoiled rotten critters.

ttfn-
Vivi

Old 10-20-2008, 08:44 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MrPinkFloyd
....should be picking mine up today! FINALLY!
way to go- can't wait to hear and see pix!
Vivi

Old 10-20-2008, 08:48 AM
sequence
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
any week 38'ers on the Isolde (aka the slow boat to Oxnard) that departed SH on 9/29?? Ive heard of long voyages but this is getting ridiculous-- almsot one month for a 3 week journey??

Old 10-20-2008, 08:49 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gaffer
It's great to see pictures of the week 38 cars showing up in the galleries; Vivi, your car is a beauty! Did 3 mods over the weekend: Added M7 strut tower reinforcement plates, factory front mud flaps, and a Craven Speed grill badge holder. You have to take the grill out to install the badge holder, also the screws that come with the badge holder aren't long enough for the slat style chrome grill. Thanks to a "how to" on NAM it was very easy to do. The mud flaps were the harder of the 3 but also found a "how to" on that. Check my gallery for the picture of the grill removed; notice the MINI hood emblem on the lawnmower (yeah, I've got it bad).
Nice Gaffer- and that Lawnmower is a riot! You might want to take a close up of that and post it in the Random Thoughts thread... someone was complaining about having to mow instead of being able to motor, naturally I suggested attaching the mower to the MINI and taking care of two things at once- but with a MINI hood emblem on the mower, you might just morph the mower into a MINI MOWER! Woo hoo!
Vivi

Old 10-20-2008, 08:56 AM
gaffer
3rd Gear
Vivi, yeah, the mower is funny. It's a hood emblem for a 1st generation S, which is smaller than a Cooper emblem. It gets worse... I have a spare grill badge holder... wonder what to do with that...

Old 10-20-2008, 09:15 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Vivi, I'll keep you posted on any progress. I'm going to have to get out to your farm one of these days. I'd love to meet the critters, kids, etc. JoMo promises to keep me informed...and I'll let you know as I learn anything.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:15 AM
Draikonius
2nd Gear
Just received a text from my MA. Naz is at the VDC getting his aero kit installed now! Maybe I'll be motoring by this weekend if everything goes smooth

Quick Reply: Week 38 Support Group