1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 38 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 05:54 AM
ColonialHoo
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the compliment, Loud. Your S looks stunning, too. I can't wait to see some finished pics with stripes and all.

Old 11-07-2008, 05:42 PM
loud9266
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ColonialHoo
Thanks for the compliment, Loud. Your S looks stunning, too. I can't wait to see some finished pics with stripes and all.
thanks Chuck
ive added a few more pics to the gallery
the cars a bit dirty been too busy to wash

Old 11-10-2008, 07:40 AM
bbmom
1st Gear
Sorry to hear Mini Rose still isn't here. I finally drove BB to work today. I've been driving my baby just on weekends getting used to the tranny. (My first stick.) I also didn't want to take her out in the rain.

But she's getting just a little broken in. I'm still on my first tank of gas (dealer's tank). Just over 360 miles with just a tad over 1/2 a tank. Great gas mileage.

I'm very happy.

My youngest daughter (9) can't wait until tonight when I pick her up after school. She gets to ride in the front.

No comments from my 12 year old -- she's at that no talk to mom stage.

My hubby likes it - but did declare that its mainly my car. He loves to drive a stick.

I like all the pics -- I need to get some soon. Just wanted something more interesting than sitting in my garage.

Old 11-13-2008, 02:09 PM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
I just hit the 1250 mile mark today. I am loving the car, already had a few people stop me to ask about it! I also had a MCS Convertible wave at me frantically as I entered my girlfriend's Apartment Place. They were excited to see my car I guess!

Old 12-22-2008, 08:54 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Hi Everyone-
So anyone been having any fun out there with their MINI's??? Yeah, I didn't think so (giggle)-
Mocha and I have been tearing up the miles- actually quite literally, as I took a long weekend road trip from Nashville to outside of Colorado Springs in mid-November. A friend & I went out as another good friend of ours had just lost her husband. She needed our support... So Mocha got broken in and had fun doing it-
She did great on the trip- even with 60+ mph wind gusts in the Texas panhandle & up into New Mexico and Colorado. The worst thing we dealt with was having to avoid the gazillion tumbleweeds that were coming at us like intergallactic asteroids in, well, ASTEROIDS (the video game from the 80's- shows my age, LOL).
Everything has been going great with Mocha up until this past Thursday night... I totally lost brakes going down my hill- I had her in neutral as we've had so much rain I wanted to crawl down the hill-but the brakes went to the floor and didn't work, so, I put her in 1st gear to hold her going down the hill, then there was a "dragging" noise and my oil pressure light came on. By the time I got to the bottom of my driveway (it's a long, gravel (well, now it's mud), steep, driveway), Mocha had stalled. So I started her again and turned to head down the road to my daughter's Christmas program (she was the female lead) when the yellow engine light came on. David & I looked at eachother and both agreed we shouldn't go to school like that (it was the brake thing that did it to us), so we crawled back up the hill, parked Mocha, jumped into his Volvo V70 wagon and left. The dragging noise was not there going back up the hill, but the next day, I went to hose her off to see if there was anything stuck in a wheel well (and there was a ton of red clay) and the noise came back. When the flat bed driver showed up, and went to put Mocha on teh flat bed, he heard the noise too- neither of us could see anything dragging under her or in her wheel wells, but who knows...
Oh, and sadly, Mocha was taken off in the ambulance on Friday afternoon. I totally lost brakes going down my hill- I had her in neutral as we've had so much rain I wanted to crawl down the hill-but the brakes went to the floor and didn't work, so, I put her in 1st gear to hold her going down the hill, then there was a "dragging" noise and my oil pressure light came on. By the time I got to the bottom of my driveway (it's a long, gravel (well, now it's mud), steep, driveway), Mocha had stalled. So I started her again and turned to head down the road to my daughter's Christmas program (she was the female lead) when the yellow engine light came on. David & I looked at eachother and both agreed we shouldn't go to school like that (it was the brake thing that did it to us), so we crawled back up the hill, parked Mocha, jumped into his Volvo V70 wagon and left. The dragging noise was not there going back up the hill, but the next day, I went to hose her off to see if there was anything stuck in a wheel well (and there was a ton of red clay) and the noise came back. When the flat bed driver showed up, and went to put Mocha on teh flat bed, he heard the noise too- neither of us could see anything dragging under her or in her wheel wells, but who knows... Friday afternoon, Mocha was taken away in the auto ambulance....
MY POOR BABY!!!
I'm waiting to hear from my SA... He's got her until next Monday- well, he's got her as long as it takes to make her healthy again-but we get back on Saturday and I could conceivably pick her up on Monday...

OH, and yes, I am actually having a new driveway put in- but it will still be gravel as the driveway is on teh north side of the hill and any smooth surface will be impossible to get up in freezing weather - it sometimes doesn't thaw for 3 or 4 weeks ... I'm hoping this issue is something stupid and not something major...

So, how are y'all liking your cars? What great stories do you have to tell?

Nite- Vivi

Old 01-01-2009, 07:11 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Sorry about Mocha...

Vivi, I'm sorry to hear that Mocha had a problem. Let us know as soon as you find out what happened. We'll keep our fingers crossed for you...