1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 38 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 12:49 PM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's a WIDGET! I'm so excited!!! Can't wait to get home, now. I'm PC at work and Macbook at home. I'm horrified that my spousal unit will begin to recognize the OL music. He already knows I'm an addict, and is ok with that, but still, it's embarrassing.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:15 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gaffer
TNminimama: If you have the Vehicle Inquiry Report from when you ordered your car (that has your options and prices on it) in the upper right corner it has the abbreviation for the port location. Our Clubman is going to Nashville via Charleston Harbor.
Right... I think I mentioned the same thing about the VIR.

Maybe we'll meet when we pick up- who's your MA? I've got a Hot Chocolate clubbie coming in, what about you?

BTW- congrats!

Old 09-10-2008, 01:17 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Jenanhill
There's a WIDGET! I'm so excited!!! Can't wait to get home, now. I'm PC at work and Macbook at home. I'm horrified that my spousal unit will begin to recognize the OL music. He already knows I'm an addict, and is ok with that, but still, it's embarrassing.

ROFLMAO! I have to hide my addiction from my SU too- that's where the widget is really nice- quick peak, no one's the wiser, tee hee

Old 09-10-2008, 01:29 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by signcarver

i have so many other extraneous programs that migrating or repurchasing them is a daunting and expensive task.

Mac wannabee...

btw - even my wife recognizes the Owner's Lounge music now (catchy tune...)

Steve
The tune was a dead giveaway to my hubby that I wasn't working on something, but goofing off! had to knip (for some reason I'm not allowed to spell that one w/o a k, I just get ***) that one in the bud

As for the mac thang- I had the same thoughts, but then realized *most* of the software I used was included in Mac form in the price of my macbook pro- I had a few specialty softwares but of those I was either able to get the mac liscence in a swap or low cost change or I didn't need to use that software anymore.

That and... the Mac pro, Mac book pro and a few other models are dual core. I actually run Windows thru VMFusionWare for those very few programs that don't have a mac counterpart. So I have lost nothing...

Just a thought-
Of course a Mac Mini would fit your current theme!

Old 09-10-2008, 01:30 PM
jeremyjcw
1st Gear
Does anyone know if the source code for the MAC Widget is available? If so, I'd happily port it to the PC for Vista and XP users.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:50 PM
gaffer
3rd Gear
TNMiniMama, Looks like you beat me to the post about the VIR info. We ordered a Pepper White & Black Clubman. Our MA is Roger Harrison. We have an '05 Chili Red & White Cooper; just having one wasn't enough for the 2 of us!
This will be our first new one, which is exciting in a different way than the first one; especially for the wife, the Clubman is primarily for her. Congrats!

Old 09-10-2008, 01:50 PM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
You can do that? That's awesome!

Old 09-10-2008, 02:18 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
JeremyJCW- It originally appeared here:https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=145648
I think you can contact the person who wrote it and ask him for particulars.

What a smart bunch this is

Gaffer- sounds like a beaut of a Clubbie! I worked with Richie Shaffer and Justin VanKirk. Amazingly to me, they're sharing the commission. I was really impressed by that. I had been pestering Richie for months, but the day I had come in to order my clubbie, he was on vacation. And it was a now or never situation.
I've half considered getting one for my husband, who drives a 2000 volvo v70 sw, but I think he needs the bigger vehicles. I've been driving around in a 1982 MB 300 TD sw, which was fine (altho drove like a cinderblock) until it wouldn't start in 105 degree heat in a very bad place and I had one of my kids... seeing as my mechanic is 30 miles away and doesn't have a loner for me, well, I easily talked myself in to a MCCS
We also have a large SUV, which I use to pull my horse trailer, or move herds of children...

Old 09-10-2008, 02:59 PM
jeremyjcw
1st Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
JeremyJCW- It originally appeared here:https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=145648
I think you can contact the person who wrote it and ask him for particulars...
Awesome! Thanks for the link; it appears the downloadable package has all the source I'll need to create a Windows compatible version.

Old 09-10-2008, 03:05 PM
OceanMini
1st Gear
It's happening!

I just called 866ASKMINI and found out that ... WE'RE IN PRODUCTION! The last time I called, they said production could start 9/12 or 9/15, but ... it's a preemie! Production will be completed around 9/17!

We got a VIN number, but they couldn't confirm that the last thing we added on Monday (a car alarm) was included. I have to call the MA now and make sure. They also couldn't tell me anything about the shipping date or ship, or anything like that. They said it normally takes about a week after completion to get shipped out to the dealer. I'm in CA, so I'll have to wait a while longer than some of you lucky folks.

Sandy
2009 MCCS, SS/BK, premium pkg, other stuff

Old 09-10-2008, 03:07 PM
signcarver
4th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
TNMiniMama - you are too funny...
My wife assigned me 3 30 minute play periods after each meal when i can check the MINI sites. That darn tune rats me out every time.

I wonder if the MB literature mentions the "cinderblock" driving analogy?
Back in that era they were built like tanks, not sure anymore.

Also, thanks for the VIR info - i see that my port is NYC which is really close to Princeton. See, there are advantages to living in New Jersey (home of The Boss and Bruce Willis among others)

JeremyJCW - porting the widget is a great idea! Thanks!

Old 09-10-2008, 03:14 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
JeremyJCW- WAY cool! I know you'll make a bunch of PC peeps really happy-
Please post your end results in the thread about Tracking your mini...
here:
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=144057

I think all sorts of people will find it there-
Thanks- and can't wait to hear how it works
Vivi

Old 09-10-2008, 03:18 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Signcarver- you're in Princeton & your wife is a retired teacher? not at PDS was she? had 3 cousins go there... I hit Princeton (actually Hopewell) everytime I drive north. Great area!
Looks like our buddy JeremyJCW is going to save your "playdates!" No more tunes, tee hee. Altho I've heard rumor that one of the other forums is working on creating a cd of it, so it can play over and over again-
Of course, if you keep it playing in the background, she'll grow immune and never know when you're sneaking a peak!
ta de da de da... nope, not us... we're not all obsessing over our babies!
Vivi

Old 09-10-2008, 03:20 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Old 09-10-2008, 03:32 PM
signcarver
4th Gear
MiniMama - i live about an hour south of Princeton and my wife taught in Elmer (yes, that's really the name of a town... )

New Hope PA / Lambertville NJ are right along the Delaware river not far from Hopewell - we do day trips a few time each year to that area - beautiful place! Route 32 on the PA side, also called River Road is a nice drive from New Hope north.

Oh, and the article - are you tryin to scare us (it's from June and they're back to work - but somehow i bet you knew that... )

Steve

Old 09-10-2008, 05:02 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by signcarver
MiniMama -

Oh, and the article - are you tryin to scare us (it's from June and they're back to work - but somehow i bet you knew that... )

Steve
OMG Steve! I looked at the article for 10 minutes and I SWORE it said September 10 on it (bangs head against wall!).

Ok, hmmm... I'm gonna crawl under a rock now.
Vivi

ps- love that River Road area- great country and good driving

jumboshrimp
2nd Gear
Sounds like we are almost there!

Ask MINI today gave me a teeny bit of good news by telling me that my "production pack" was being assembled. Hopefully that means that production will start soon!!!! Oh, and a tip for those getting snagged checking the OL because the music gives you away....I mute my laptop speakers before entering the site. My kids are always like "Oh man MOM, will you just stay away from that site and wait t out" accompanied by some eye rolling and shaking of their heads....I am pretty pathetic.

IzzyG
6th Gear
Ok what gives-MA told me I was week 38 and just called Ask Mini for the first time. He said that he only had a range in his database. Week 36-38 and said that it means from this week till end of month? I thought 38 is next week? ARGH!

Old 09-10-2008, 05:17 PM
jumboshrimp
2nd Gear
Izzy, that can't be right. Next week is indeed week 38...I would call back and hopefully you will get a different reap with some better info.. Some of them are definitely more forthcoming with info than others. Good Luck.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:07 PM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
Way cool widget. Not that it's changed in the 32 times I've looked at it tonight, but still, very cool. Nice having my drug of choice handy and at my finger tips. Not that I won't feel the need to whisper "vehicle production status" into the phone at work. Funny, the system has a hard time understanding whispers.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:14 PM
signcarver
4th Gear
Jen - i thought the "number menus" on telephones were annoying but the voice activated ones have taking annoying to a new level (laughing as i picture you trying to whisper at the office...)

I've sort of given up on the Owner's Lounge in that it seems out of date compared to the info you can get from the 1-866-crackpipe line.

Steve

Old 09-11-2008, 04:47 AM
signcarver
4th Gear
saw movement in the online tracker!

in the owners lounge my car moved from on order to scheduled for production - yahoo

monday i call crackpipe

Old 09-11-2008, 05:34 AM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
I am not happy. I still haven't been given a build date. everyone of you seems to be getting them.

I talked to one of the crack dealers last night and they told me that I have a week 38 build showing still, but no date or VIN. he went on to tell me that maybe they had already started it and the system hadn't updated yet (I take that with a grain of salt).

I have never done this before, so I am a little uneasy at the answers. Role call time! Who still doesn't have a build date and VIN but is still week 38?

Old 09-11-2008, 05:43 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Hi Jakeryanitc,
(hope I spelled that right), according to How to Track your MINI: Revised, Expanded and Updated (https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...php?t=144057):
Typically 72-48 hours prior to the start date that ASK MINI gave you, the OL will move status to “Scheduled for Production” and you’re your VIN will appear in the Review Order Detail section. With the VIN you can now apply for loans, leases and/or insurance as may be applicable.

Therefore, I wouldn't be too worried about the VIN. I suggest you either keep on top of your MA or keep up with Crackpipe to get a build date.

I was given a build date of September 14 thru 20... but I haven't gotten my VIN yet.

This is almost more anxiety provoking than being pregnant with twins! In fact, I have to say that the pregnancy was MUCH easier, LOL...

Best of luck, we're all here with you- and let us know when you get your answers
Vivi

Old 09-11-2008, 05:47 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Just curious folks, where did the "not quite" week 38 badges come from? I've got the artwork for the Hot Chocolate Clubman owner's club, but would love to add a not quite...
I was going to work on my siggy today- now that I understand some of the abbreviations a bit more, LOL-
Thanks- Vivi

Quick Reply: Week 38 Support Group