1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 38 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 01:53 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funny you mention the PW/B & Ch/B clubbies... I saw one of each yesterday- going opposite directions on Hillsboro road south of OHB. I was so excited and was about to wave and yell, then I realized I was in my DH's Volvo SW... <giggle>
So, in theory, this Week 38 shipment to Nash will have at least 2 chocolate clubbies, and two pw clubbies- This will be FUN! The dealership has shows?! Kewl!
I take it there's no club in Nashville anymore?
I'm just as impatient as you are-
Great to "meet" you-
Vivi

Old 09-13-2008, 01:57 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
The dealership has had a couple of shows in the parking lot next to the dealership on Saturdays from 10 until around 2. It's a great way to hang with people that share your passion for the MINI. Hopefully we can get people a little more motivated to get together once a month or at least once a quarter. Nice to meet you too

Old 09-13-2008, 03:15 PM
Draikonius
2nd Gear
Just got am email from my MA. I hav a VIN and start production tomorrow!! He sid the six week wait starts with a possible 4 day delay in Greenville for the aero kit install then on to Memphis!! That should put it here the end of Oct or first of Nov which is very close to my birthday. What a great present it is going to make!!

Old 09-13-2008, 03:30 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Congrats!!! Sounds like our MINI's will cruise across the pond together. Good luck to you.

Old 09-13-2008, 04:08 PM
rasputinj
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Draikonius
Just got am email from my MA. I hav a VIN and start production tomorrow!! He sid the six week wait starts with a possible 4 day delay in Greenville for the aero kit install then on to Memphis!! That should put it here the end of Oct or first of Nov which is very close to my birthday. What a great present it is going to make!!
Congrats, we are finishing production Monday. I am hoping we can pickup our Clubman around the 20th of October in LV. But that is just a real guess on my end.

Old 09-13-2008, 05:12 PM
WhiteRabbit
1st Gear
Woooooot!

MA just emailed me, have my VIN and BroGey is in production. OL still shows as on order heh. 4-6 more weeks and I'll find out what it cost me

Old 09-13-2008, 05:15 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Awesome! Looks like week 38 is off to a great start. Congrats!

Old 09-14-2008, 04:17 AM
paulf10
1st Gear
Emails from MA's

I called the automated ASK MINI yesterday and found out I'm in production with a 9/18 completion date. (I ordered on 8/16) The VIN # was in the OL.

I noticed a lot of people are getting e-mails from their MA's. I'm curious as to how many people are getting that kind of response from their dealership.

I've heard my dealership has a great service department, but the sales department kind of sucks. ie, non responsive, doesn't return phone calls, very slow to reply to e-mails (if at all), etc. Just a necessary evil. Sounds like some of you are lucky enough to have good people to work with.

Is there anyone else who never received any e-mails about the production status from your MA?

Last edited by paulf10; 09-14-2008 at 08:59 AM.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:47 AM
signcarver
4th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
email from my MA

Is there anyone else who never received any e-mails about the production status from your MA?
i did get an email from my MA once my VIN was assigned. He also called.

Steve

Old 09-14-2008, 08:40 AM
SirParlan
2nd Gear
The only info I get from my MA is when I email or call. This is after I specifically told him and his boss to "keep me updated." We'll see if I get a VIN from the crack dealer or from him first.

Old 09-14-2008, 08:51 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
It seems, currently, I have to ASK (email) my MA for info, but once I do that, he's very fast at replying. I can't really fault him, ours is the only mini dealership for long way, so I know he's busy... If he didn't reply so quickly, I would have a problem (and so would he as I'm as ansy as a person can get about this car, LOL)

Old 09-14-2008, 10:08 AM
rasputinj
4th Gear
Originally Posted by paulf10
I called the automated ASK MINI yesterday and found out I'm in production with a 9/18 completion date. (I ordered on 8/16) The VIN # was in the OL.

I noticed a lot of people are getting e-mails from their MA's. I'm curious as to how many people are getting that kind of response from their dealership.

I've heard my dealership has a great service department, but the sales department kind of sucks. ie, non responsive, doesn't return phone calls, very slow to reply to e-mails (if at all), etc. Just a necessary evil. Sounds like some of you are lucky enough to have good people to work with.

We have not received anything from our MA Jason in Mini of LV about Prod Status but he is very good about replying to my constant emails questioning and changing things. Since I hit 866-CrackPipe it does not bother me to not get prod information from out MA.

Old 09-14-2008, 03:15 PM
jumboshrimp
2nd Gear
No word from my MA yet...

I haven't heard from my MA about production starting, but if I call or e-mail him, he is always responsive. I just haven't needed anything yet from him that CRACKPIPE hasn't been able to give me...now that we are in production though, I will probably shoot him an e-mail so I can nail down some details regarding financing and registration, etc. We only changed options once, so we haven't really been in much contact, but that has been fine with me.

I so wish the factory had a live webcam. I have watched the production video a bunch of times, but it would be so awesome to see my actual baby being built! Anyway, heres a toast to waiting out the last few weeks together folks!!!

Old 09-14-2008, 05:40 PM
rasputinj
4th Gear
Originally Posted by jumboshrimp
I haven't heard from my MA about production starting, but if I call or e-mail him, he is always responsive. I just haven't needed anything yet from him that CRACKPIPE hasn't been able to give me...now that we are in production though, I will probably shoot him an e-mail so I can nail down some details regarding financing and registration, etc. We only changed options once, so we haven't really been in much contact, but that has been fine with me.

I so wish the factory had a live webcam. I have watched the production video a bunch of times, but it would be so awesome to see my actual baby being built! Anyway, heres a toast to waiting out the last few weeks together folks!!!
if there was a webcam, I would have gone crazy watching it 24/7 hoping to see our vehicle in production.

I will also shoot off an email on Tuesday or Wednesday, to try to nail down a window of time the Clubman will be at the deal to pickup.

Old 09-14-2008, 07:37 PM
SirParlan
2nd Gear
Do you think DMV will let me have CRKPIPE as my license plate?

Old 09-14-2008, 08:23 PM
guyver423
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey everyone! just found out that my mini is scheduled for production! cant wait till it gets here!

Old 09-14-2008, 08:37 PM
ricbow
5th Gear
does anyone know what a julian date is

Old 09-14-2008, 08:53 PM
kh7085
Neutral
I just found out on OL, it shows scheduled for production and my VIN number shows up.

Old 09-14-2008, 09:50 PM
Bruce Banner
2nd Gear
OH SNAP!!! IT CHANGED IT CHANGED!!! FINALLY OH JOY!! As i feel as though I am going to jump out of my seat screaming in Happiness!!! I am a new proud soon to be Mini Owner in the Scheduled for Production Era!!

Old 09-15-2008, 04:39 AM
ColonialHoo
2nd Gear
Mind if I join you?

The MINI powers-that-be have somehow shined their favor upon me. When I ordered my '09 MCS, I was told I would be a week 39 build. I called my MA this weekend to get my production number (so I could join the Owners Lounge and obsess for the rest of the weekend), and was given not only my prod. #, but also my VIN. Then the surprise came. I was told that my build was in a Code 151 status, with a scheduled completion date of 9/17.

The shock of this (and please don't hate me) is that I placed my order last Tuesday (9/9). I thought that week 39 was lightning fast, so I was already pretty excited. I know that my dealer (Checkered Flag) had a lot of allocation slots, but I still feel a bit bad for the folks who have been waiting on order for a few months just to get to this point.

Let's hope these next few weeks are calm in the Atlantic and our MINIs get to these shores safe and sound.

Chuck

Old 09-15-2008, 04:55 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
VIN showed up on MOL site this morning and status changed from "On order" to "Scheduled for Production"....MA e-mailed that we started production Saturday morning so....hoping to get the baby's cruise booked for the trip accross the pond very soon.

Old 09-15-2008, 04:56 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Where are you all finding your VIN in the OL? My MA gave it to me... must be having a dingy moment
As much as I hate to say this, we're having a bit of a fuel crisis here in Middle TN. Long lines, stations without fuel, etc. I really wish Mochalatte was here, as I'm currently driving my (under 15mpg) LandCruiser, Coretta, to town- about 70 miles RT. Hilda, my cinderblock ('82 MB 300 TD) doesn't have brakes, DH is looking for master cylinder so we can at least get Hilda to the shop to be worked on...
Love checking the OL and seeing "Scheduled for Production" tee hee hee...

And to whomever mentioned the webcam thing, I'm right there with you- I would be on the 'net 24/7 if there was a webcam, LOL... as it is I've been devouring NAM threads-

Congrats-

Vivi

Old 09-15-2008, 05:05 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
TN...I'm with you...my F-150 is comfortable...but sucks fuel like it's free. Go on the MOL website where you track and click on "Review Order Detail"...it should show there.

Old 09-15-2008, 05:10 AM
kjrhammer
1st Gear
My VIN also showed up in the OL this morning - my MA said production started last Friday. I'm so excited!! My only concern is that the front fog lights I added last week don't show up under factory ordered options (the other two things I added DO show up). Does anyone know if those are installed at the dealer?

Old 09-15-2008, 05:28 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Thanks DooBahDoo- yup, VIN is there
Yeah, I love my TLC, Coretta, but she is very very thirsty. So she's been semi retired, and will spend her life hauling horses and kiddos (when I say, have the brownie troop, LOL). Or when we go out west as a family- we put 5k miles on her this summer driving out west- GREAT road trip, would have LOVED to do it in a mini, but we'd never get our stuff with us- as it is, Coretta has a Thule "hat" and the 3rd row seats are taken out and we're jammed in there, LOL. Something to do with the need for 5 pair of shoes for each person (riding boots, fishing shoes, hiking boots, sandles and comfy walking shoes), helmets, fishing rods (my DH takes 4 of em, the rest of us, one each), plus other paraphenalia. We don't travel lite, LOL.
Thanks for the heads up-
Vivi

Quick Reply: Week 38 Support Group