1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 39 (9/21/08-9/27/08) Support Gripe er Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 06:17 AM
sequence
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd love to see a little MINI pickup built on the Clubby chassis

Old 10-05-2008, 05:46 PM
wandrur
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The week 38 folks are edging up on 800 posts. We haven't even hit 300. Why is that, do you think?

Hmmmm...???

Old 10-05-2008, 07:24 PM
Mini is as Mini does
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wandrur
The week 38 folks are edging up on 800 posts. We haven't even hit 300. Why is that, do you think?

Hmmmm...???
Can it be that we are not as obsessed as the week 38 folk? Nah. What we lack in quantity we more than make up for in quality.

Old 10-05-2008, 07:27 PM
wandrur
Originally Posted by Mini is as Mini does
Can it be that we are not as obsessed as the week 38 folk? Nah. What we lack in quantity we more than make up for in quality.
That works for me!

Old 10-05-2008, 08:55 PM
wurking_girl
2nd Gear
Hi all... I took a break from my compulsive MINI-watch to go to Chicago this weekend. Must have seen at least a dozen different Minis there...! I had all my friends spotting them by the end of the trip. Quite different from west Michigan, where we have so few and spottings are rare.

Anyway - went in to the OL just now to check to see if I had any good news and found: 1. that my options have reappeared (and correctly, I'm happy to see), and 2. that my Mini is 'awaiting transport'. Should I take this as a bad sign, since all of you that are on the wide seas have had an update that you are in fact 'en route'? I had just about convinced myself that Little Blu was heading out on the Western Highway (untraceable K-Line) on Friday. Darn.

Hmmmm... Clearly a weekend away was not enough. Maybe I need a longer trip next time... An African safari should tide me over until that long-awaited call from the dealership...

Can you tell that I too am a first-timer...noobiest of the noobs??

Old 10-05-2008, 09:22 PM
wandrur
Originally Posted by wurking_girl
Hi all... I took a break from my compulsive MINI-watch to go to Chicago this weekend. Must have seen at least a dozen different Minis there...! I had all my friends spotting them by the end of the trip. Quite different from west Michigan, where we have so few and spottings are rare.

Anyway - went in to the OL just now to check to see if I had any good news and found: 1. that my options have reappeared (and correctly, I'm happy to see), and 2. that my Mini is 'awaiting transport'. Should I take this as a bad sign, since all of you that are on the wide seas have had an update that you are in fact 'en route'? I had just about convinced myself that Little Blu was heading out on the Western Highway (untraceable K-Line) on Friday. Darn.

Hmmmm... Clearly a weekend away was not enough. Maybe I need a longer trip next time... An African safari should tide me over until that long-awaited call from the dealership...

The OL was a couple of days behind for me in changing from 'awaiting' to 'en route' so maybe you're okay... Don't worry. You're with us here, and that's what really matters.

Old 10-06-2008, 04:31 AM
Mini is as Mini does
5th Gear

Mine showed as "Awaiting Production" after it was on the ship. A few days later it was "awaiting transport." PLEASE DON'T LEAVE US!!!!

Old 10-06-2008, 09:02 AM
wandrur
I'm a nOOb, too. I believe we're in good company.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:10 AM
the_edge8
2nd Gear
Fedora folks: the countdown is on! 4 days from US soil! (let's face it today is practically over with! haha!)

Old 10-06-2008, 12:07 PM
wurking_girl
2nd Gear
Nah, I was just messing with you guys... I'm not going to Africa OR to Week 40. It's almost as much fun to track the Sombrero... or Chapeau... no, wait - the FEDORA with you as it would be if I knew my MINI was on there, too. (OK, not quite...but I am an avid reader, so very good at living vicariously.) And wasn't someone on that Isolde vessel, too? She should be almost docked by now if Fedora is so near.

Say, speaking of reading, did any of you other Noobs know that 'Mini' is used to refer to pre-BMW Minis, while 'MINI' refers to the BMW-era Minis (er, MINIs)? I just picked up that factoid while skimming one of my newest OCMD purchases, 'MINI - 50 Years' (...or was it in 'MINI - The Book'????)

Have a good one, all!

Old 10-06-2008, 12:15 PM
wurking_girl
2nd Gear
Mine showed as "Awaiting Production" after it was on the ship. A few days later it was "awaiting transport." PLEASE DON'T LEAVE US!!!!
I shall not despair, then...

Say, I see you are a Monty Python Holy Grail fan as well! I had a friend in grad school that could quote most of the dialog to that show from memory, and he was especially good at doing the French knight! 'Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries...' (or was it the other way around?)

Old 10-06-2008, 12:25 PM
wandrur
Nah, I was just messing with you guys... I'm not going to Africa OR to Week 40. It's almost as much fun to track the Sombrero... or Chapeau... no, wait - the FEDORA with you as it would be if I knew my MINI was on there, too. (OK, not quite...but I am an avid reader, so very good at living vicariously.) And wasn't someone on that Isolde vessel, too? She should be almost docked by now if Fedora is so near.

Say, speaking of reading, did any of you other Noobs know that 'Mini' is used to refer to pre-BMW Minis, while 'MINI' refers to the BMW-era Minis (er, MINIs)? I just picked up that factoid while skimming one of my newest OCMD purchases, 'MINI - 50 Years' (...or was it in 'MINI - The Book'????)

Have a good one, all!
to the hat confusion.

My little beauty is on the Isolde, yes. According to WW's tracking, the Isolde should arrive in Galveston, TX, on October 11th and then depart on October 12th, arriving in Panama Canal on October 16th (my birthday), flowing through that same day and arriving at Port Hueneme, CA, on October 24th.

Oh, and I had been wondering about the little Mini, big MINI thing. Good info to have.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:27 PM
wandrur

Say, I see you are a Monty Python Holy Grail fan as well! I had a friend in grad school that could quote most of the dialog to that show from memory, and he was especially good at doing the French knight! 'Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries...' (or was it the other way around?)
Nope, I'm pretty sure you got the right order.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:51 PM
Mini is as Mini does
5th Gear

Exactly right. I figure this is a good time to let my Anglophilia show. Makes kind of a strange combination with the Italian, though. Blood pudding parmigiana, anyone?

Old 10-06-2008, 01:17 PM
wurking_girl
2nd Gear
Blood pudding parmigiana, anyone?
Now, I can almost picture that, and.............EEEEWWWWW! How about steak and kidney lasagne?? Or Guiness cannolis?

Old 10-06-2008, 01:57 PM
Mini is as Mini does
5th Gear
Now, I can almost picture that, and.............EEEEWWWWW! How about steak and kidney lasagne?? Or Guiness cannolis?
Yes and yes.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:34 PM
Eoff
2nd Gear
Sorry for jumping in so late in the game. My MINI was built 9/24, but the VIN does not show on http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/searchCargo.do. Anybody else still "awaiting transport" from Week 39?

Old 10-06-2008, 08:43 PM
wandrur
Originally Posted by Eoff
Sorry for jumping in so late in the game. My MINI was built 9/24, but the VIN does not show on http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/searchCargo.do. Anybody else still "awaiting transport" from Week 39?
Better late than never!

I hear the K-Line boats don't allow you to find your shipment by VIN. Have you tried contacting your MA regarding where your MINI may be?

I think there may still be some folks awaiting transport from this week, though, so we'll see if they chime in. Good luck, and welcome!

Old 10-07-2008, 06:23 AM
Mini is as Mini does
5th Gear
Originally Posted by the_edge8
Fedora folks: the countdown is on! 4 days from US soil! (let's face it today is practically over with! haha!)
If we invade Canada, the Fedora will be on US soil tomorrow. Kidding. I am just kidding. No hate mail, please.

Old 10-07-2008, 09:38 AM
wurking_girl
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Eoff
Eoff, you and I are in the same boat...or, both NOT in the same boat...or, both not in any boat?? What am I trying to say?? Anyway, I know my MINI was 'born' Sept 25 and reached the port Sept 26, but that's all I've been able to learn. Most of our fellow Week 39ers are on boats, but my VIN isn't showing up on WW's tracking sight, either. Sadly, according to the Owner's Lounge info, I'm still 'awaiting transport'. My MA has been no help - he can't seem to tell where MINI is, either!

However, hope springs eternal. The K-Line ship, Western Highway, took off on Oct 3 and is heading for Charleston, hopefully with both our cars on board. Which port are you destined for?

If you want to think positively, there is Thread for the Western Highway in 'First Gear':

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...3&goto=newpost

The person who started the link has some nice tracking info there, too.

Good luck, and think good thoughts!
Good luck!

Last edited by wurking_girl; 10-07-2008 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Missed a great pun!
Old 10-07-2008, 07:24 PM
Eoff
2nd Gear
Eoff, you and I are in the same boat...or, both NOT in the same boat...or, both not in any boat?? What am I trying to say?? Anyway, I know my MINI was 'born' Sept 25 and reached the port Sept 26, but that's all I've been able to learn. Most of our fellow Week 39ers are on boats, but my VIN isn't showing up on WW's tracking sight, either. Sadly, according to the Owner's Lounge info, I'm still 'awaiting transport'. My MA has been no help - he can't seem to tell where MINI is, either!

However, hope springs eternal. The K-Line ship, Western Highway, took off on Oct 3 and is heading for Charleston, hopefully with both our cars on board. Which port are you destined for?

If you want to think positively, there is Thread for the Western Highway in 'First Gear':

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...3&goto=newpost

The person who started the link has some nice tracking info there, too.

Good luck, and think good thoughts!
Good luck!
Thanks for your reply. I feel better knowing I'm not alone.

My MA also does not have any information for me. My guess is he will not give me an update until my MINI checks in at the Distribution Center. I suppose I could be patient, but that's becoming harder to do. Here's hoping for K-Line!

Old 10-07-2008, 08:43 PM
Eoff
2nd Gear
wurking_girl,

The web site still shows "awaiting transport". However, I just called 866-ASK-MINI, and the status is now officially "in transit" (en route)! I suspect the web site will update in the next few days. Since my VIN does not show on WW's web site, I'm almost sure you are right about the K-Line ship Western Highway. Thanks for the link to the post. The Google Map is great!

Old 10-07-2008, 10:51 PM
Davidson
1st Gear
hey all, just wanted to finally say hi and greet everyone. I'm kinda late to the party (ie therapy session) here but I've been following the thread for weeks now. I finally got off my rear and registered and can post now. :D

Eoff and wurking girl, I was also without much info/hope for awhile when it seemed my baby had missed both the Fedora and the Isolde, but I finally got some good news from my MA and thanks to that thread you mentioned I finally have a bearing on my order! I hope you guys/gals are with me on the Western!

Old 10-07-2008, 11:11 PM
wandrur
Originally Posted by Davidson
hey all, just wanted to finally say hi and greet everyone. I'm kinda late to the party (ie therapy session) here but I've been following the thread for weeks now. I finally got off my rear and registered and can post now. :D

Eoff and wurking girl, I was also without much info/hope for awhile when it seemed my baby had missed both the Fedora and the Isolde, but I finally got some good news from my MA and thanks to that thread you mentioned I finally have a bearing on my order! I hope you guys/gals are with me on the Western!
Sweet, welcome!!

Old 10-08-2008, 09:00 AM
wurking_girl
2nd Gear
Welcome, Davidson - and great news for both you and Eoff! This group has been a great help to me in getting thru the long weeks of waiting. Only problem I've had is in restraining myself from BUYING STUFF I've read about on NAM. Even when MINI was just a twinkle in my eye, I was tempted daily by stickers, badges, glove box organizers, wheels, seat covers...you name it!

I've also gone thru 'hypochondriac-like' fears that my car will be missing parts...will be damaged in transit...will overwhelm me with its torque steer...will be configured wrong...will be subject to the lemon law...will arrive with no anthracite headliner (oh wait...I didn't order the anthracite headliner!)...

In other words, too much knowledge may actually be dangerous for my somewhat obsessive personality type! Yet I find that 'resistance is futile...' -I can't stay away! Enjoy!

Last edited by wurking_girl; 10-08-2008 at 09:03 AM. Reason: DUH - spelling errors

Quick Reply: Week 39 (9/21/08-9/27/08) Support Gripe er Group