1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 39 (9/21/08-9/27/08) Support Gripe er Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 09:38 AM
david in germany
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wurking_girl
Hmmm...hate to be the one to tell you this, David, but as a veterinarian I feel obliged... Like certain of their relatives, donkeys also have *just a bit* of a reputation for being pretty darn stubborn! But I'm sure YOUR little Donkey will be one of the cute, friendly, reliable sort and you won't end up calling him 'Mule' instead of Donkey!

Again, fan of animated flicks that I am, I already hear him talking in Eddie Murphy's voice... And you talking back like Shrek...
I am talking cartoon type here LOL

Old 10-13-2008, 11:09 AM
wandrur
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wandrur - You've got a perfect name for MINI motoring...spring for the vanity plate if it's available!
I may go with it. Come to think of it, a previous vehicle did have a name, but it was a name given to it by others rather than me. It was a 1974 Chevy Nova painted '71 Corvette yellow with black stripes down the hood and hatchback. They called it the Bumblebee.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:37 AM
TravisNJ
2nd Gear
Milo is hanging out at my dealers warehouse! So excited.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:41 AM
wandrur
Originally Posted by TravisNJ
My god, that's so NOT FAIR!!!

I'm thrilled for you, really, I am, but...

I hate waiting.

But I'll get over it. Eventually.

Old 10-13-2008, 03:18 PM
Mini is as Mini does
5th Gear
Pictures. We want pictures, please.

Old 10-13-2008, 03:20 PM
TravisNJ
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Mini is as Mini does
Pictures. We want pictures, please.
Pictures you shall receive, as soon as I pick him up on Thursday.

Old 10-13-2008, 04:24 PM
sequence
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Next time someone asks me what's the numero uno advantage of living in joisey I will remember Milo and you, my friend. Hell us westerners' cars havent even hit the canal yet ..... C'mon Isolde!

Old 10-13-2008, 04:26 PM
sequence
6th Gear
Pictures you shall receive, as soon as I pick him up on Thursday.
travis yr car and mine are sooooo close in exterior and interior options and colors-- I really look forward to seeing them, esp. the interior.

Old 10-13-2008, 06:42 PM
Mini is as Mini does
5th Gear
Originally Posted by sequence
Next time someone asks me what's the numero uno advantage of living in joisey I will remember Milo and you, my friend. Hell us westerners' cars havent even hit the canal yet ..... C'mon Isolde!
On the plus side, plate teconics is in the process of remedying this situation. A few hundred thousand years, and you folks can drive right over to Southampton and take your Mini.

Old 10-13-2008, 07:45 PM
wandrur
On the plus side, plate teconics is in the process of remedying this situation. A few hundred thousand years, and you folks can drive right over to Southampton and take your Mini.
Hmmm, yeah, that does us a helluva lotta good right now!!!

Old 10-13-2008, 07:56 PM
TravisNJ
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by sequence
travis yr car and mine are sooooo close in exterior and interior options and colors-- I really look forward to seeing them, esp. the interior.
me too

Old 10-13-2008, 08:09 PM
wurking_girl
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by wandrur
wandrur, you and sequence get to live in places like Boulder and 'Bear Valley Mountain' (how cool is that?? ), places some of us only get to visit for the odd ski vacation now and then. There's a price attached to having good stuff like that...

And as I recall, you also learned that your cars were tidily loaded onto those so-organized WW ships and setting sail while the rest of us poor east coast, week 39ers were still biting our nails and fretting about our MINIs being abandoned on the dock, but in fact waiting for those no-info K-line ships!

So, hey...enjoy the anticipation and be happy for TravisNJ...and hopefully the rest of us here in the midwest, too! Besides, while you're waiting, you'll have more time to order your new detailing kit, grill badges, seat covers, special floor mats, stickers, glove box organizer, boot organizer................

Old 10-13-2008, 08:25 PM
TravisNJ
2nd Gear
you'll have more time to order your new detailing kit, grill badges, seat covers, special floor mats, stickers, glove box organizer, boot organizer................
truth! I doubt my iPod aux cables or my Euro Arm Rest will be here before I take delivery.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:35 PM
wandrur
wandrur, you and sequence get to live in places like Boulder and 'Bear Valley Mountain' (how cool is that?? ), places some of us only get to visit for the odd ski vacation now and then. There's a price attached to having good stuff like that...

And as I recall, you also learned that your cars were tidily loaded onto those so-organized WW ships and setting sail while the rest of us poor east coast, week 39ers were still biting our nails and fretting about our MINIs being abandoned on the dock, but in fact waiting for those no-info K-line ships!

So, hey...enjoy the anticipation and be happy for TravisNJ...and hopefully the rest of us here in the midwest, too! Besides, while you're waiting, you'll have more time to order your new detailing kit, grill badges, seat covers, special floor mats, stickers, glove box organizer, boot organizer................
I *did* say I was happy for him here:

Originally Posted by wandrur

I'm thrilled for you, really, I am, but...

I hate waiting.

But I'll get over it. Eventually.
I mentioned above, I just hate waiting. And I'll not be shopping for additional things given that the MINI represents my financial expenditure for the next 5 years or so and will require serious planning to go anywhere beyond the purchase itself. The bling can wait.

Sure, we live in this beautiful place. But any beauty can fade with age when new reasons for enjoying it are lacking. If I had an attractive professional opportunity come down the pipe next month, I'd likely pack up and go. It's just geography for me right now.

Old 10-14-2008, 06:49 AM
wurking_girl
2nd Gear
wandrur...just razzing you! I'm pretty tired of the wait, too...and I really haven't had nearly the wait some people have, as I ordered from a new dealership, just as the 2009s started to roll off the line.

But do post pictures ASAP, TravisNJ - they do help with the waiting.......

Old 10-14-2008, 08:50 AM
sequence
6th Gear
Bear Valley Mountain fire lookout is actually in Idaho, up in the remote far NE section of the Boise NF, near Lohman. it's a real cool 80 foot lattice structure with 360 views to die for, including the Sawtooths. One benefit of being with the USFS was seeing cool structures like this, although the horseback and helicopter stuff got old... (BVM is 4 wheel drive accessible)

Actually the USFS rents out renovated historic fire lookouts to lodgers. Bring yr own water, tho!

Attached Thumbnails Week 39 (9/21/08-9/27/08) Support Gripe er Group-bvm05.jpg  
Old 10-14-2008, 08:56 AM
sequence
6th Gear
But do post pictures ASAP, TravisNJ - they do help with the waiting.......
Yes T the ball is in yr court!!

Old 10-14-2008, 09:22 AM
berto
3rd Gear
Introduction

Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Bob, I live in the Denver Colorado Area. Some of you may know me as I have been on the board of directors for the Colorado English Motoring Conclave for the past 10 years and have been writing the Ride the Rockies Tours.
I currently own a 1966 MGB Roadster, a 1966 MGB-GT, a 1973 MGB (supercharged) and a 1976 Triumph TR-6.

I also have on order a 2009 Laser Blue MINI Cooper S - week 39 build and just joined this forum. I lool forward to getting to know all of you and becoming a part of the community.

bob g

Old 10-14-2008, 09:27 AM
Mini is as Mini does
5th Gear
Originally Posted by berto
Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Bob, I live in the Denver Colorado Area. Some of you may know me as I have been on the board of directors for the Colorado English Motoring Conclave for the past 10 years and have been writing the Ride the Rockies Tours.
I currently own a 1966 MGB Roadster, a 1966 MGB-GT, a 1973 MGB (supercharged) and a 1976 Triumph TR-6.

I also have on order a 2009 Laser Blue MINI Cooper S - week 39 build and just joined this forum. I lool forward to getting to know all of you and becoming a part of the community.

bob g
Welcome to the party, Bob. I am not sure if they warned you about the fine old NAM tradition of car-lending. Hmmmm. Can I borrow the Roadster for the weekend? Yeah, I'm lying but I LOVE that car.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:36 AM
sequence
6th Gear
Originally Posted by berto

bob g
Yo Bob big welcome, yr the 4th denverite on this support gripe er group! a few of us have tossed aboot the idea of a photo op with our cars, please consider joining us!

Old 10-14-2008, 09:57 AM
Mini is as Mini does
5th Gear
I just got a call from my dealership. Yep, ready to be picked up. I am buried in work this week so it may be Saturday before I can get it.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:00 AM
TravisNJ
2nd Gear
I just got a call from my dealership. Yep, ready to be picked up. I am buried in work this week so it may be Saturday before I can get it.
w00tw00t

Old 10-14-2008, 10:09 AM
wandrur
Sweet!!! Sweet that it's there, of course, not that you're swamped.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:59 AM
Davidson
1st Gear
OMGosh what are you doing!? go get it right now!!! ack stop reading this post and get going!

If I get the call while I'm at work that Jarvis is ready they could not PAY me to stay in the building... priorities man!!

Old 10-14-2008, 12:01 PM
Mini is as Mini does
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Davidson
OMGosh what are you doing!? go get it right now!!! ack stop reading this post and get going!

If I get the call while I'm at work that Jarvis is ready they could not PAY me to stay in the building... priorities man!!
LOL!!! I have to make sure I have a job. I don't believe there is a bail-out plan in the works for folks who buy new cars and then get fired for missing work. Maybe I should call my senators.

Quick Reply: Week 39 (9/21/08-9/27/08) Support Gripe er Group