1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 39 (9/21/08-9/27/08) Support Gripe er Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 08:49 PM
wandrur
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by berto
Well I just spent 2 days cleaning out the garage and aranging all of my spare LBC car parts to make room for the new arrival. I guess it is kinda like 'painting the nusery'. So now I am sore from head to foot but I believe I have room for the MINI. - I will be 'squeezing' 5 cars into a 3 car garage. I will post pictures after the MINI arrives and I have them all tucked in.

bob g
Nice. I thought about doing that, but I think I have too much stuff in my single car garage, not to mention my motorcycle lives there. Could probably fit both if I did some real rearranging...but that won't happen before the end of the semester, most likely.

That's all I needed--another chore to do.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:23 AM
Mini is as Mini does
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by david in germany

Evil, see, the ladies are...

Too sensitive, David. OBVIOUSLY, wurking_girl just enjoys your company and would like you to stay with us for a while longer.

(PSSSST, wurking_girl, look quick. Is he buying it?)

Old 10-20-2008, 06:35 AM
sequence
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yeah DIG U may have yr car before us westerners get ours....

Old 10-20-2008, 06:38 AM
Mini is as Mini does
5th Gear
Originally Posted by sequence
yeah DIG U may have yr car before us westerners get ours....
You are overlooking the fact that we can test them out and give you warnings ahead of time about potential problems. So far, NOOOOOOO problems.

Old 10-20-2008, 06:53 AM
wurking_girl
2nd Gear
That wasn't nice, was it...rubbing it in like that?? Hope you'll continue to visit all the same. I'm sure I'll be a MUCH nicer person WHEN I GET MY MINI...! This waiting isn't good for any of us...!

Old 10-20-2008, 07:12 AM
Mini is as Mini does
5th Gear
Originally Posted by wurking_girl
That wasn't nice, was it...rubbing it in like that?? Hope you'll continue to visit all the same. I'm sure I'll be a MUCH nicer person WHEN I GET MY MINI...! This waiting isn't good for any of us...!
Yeah, you're right. Just being a Monday-morning-beach. I've been praying for calm seas and a strong tailwind for the various and assorted ships headed to the left coast. May your Minis be BEAUTIFUL and your roads be twisty.

Last edited by Mini is as Mini does; 10-20-2008 at 07:12 AM. Reason: &*%&#*&@ SPELLING MISTAKES!!!!
Old 10-20-2008, 08:58 AM
sequence
6th Gear
Hmmm... testiness: the 2nd stage of the MINI wait....

1) angst
2) testiness
3) downright impatience

Old 10-20-2008, 09:08 AM
Mini is as Mini does
5th Gear
Originally Posted by sequence
Hmmm... testiness: the 2nd stage of the MINI wait....

1) angst
2) testiness
3) downright impatience
That's stage 2? GOOD GOD, I must have been at stage 627 by the time I finally picked him up. I spent two days calling the insurance company, the bank and the Mini dealership to make sure everyone had their paperwork and all was good to go. I got to the bank on Friday evening and they were missing the bill of sale with the VIN number. "Every other piece of paper has the VIN. It is a special order. They didn't KNOW the VIN when I ordered it!!!" "But we need the VIN in order to . . . blah, blah, blah." Mini dealership was closed by then. I left messages for EVERYONE and still had to call Saturday morning to make sure the paper got faxed. Mini sent the wrong paper and I had to call again. It is a good thing that NY has strict gun-control laws. Someone would have been in DEEP trouble otherwise.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:44 AM
sequence
6th Gear
Im already at Stage 3.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:45 PM
Mini is as Mini does
5th Gear
I posted a few pics in my gallery. WARNING: I AM NOT A PHOTOGRAPHER.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:56 PM
david in germany
5th Gear
I think I am taking it pretty well even though my MA told me I would have the car by the last week of Sep.. After talking to his associate I dug out the fact that the sport package wouldn't be avail till Dec. It is all good though as I have now ordered my JCW hood scoop and the phone cradle for my RAZR so when it DOES arrive I will be ready to roll.

I also see it another positive way, I now have OVER 50% of the final price saved for the down payment (not including the $1000 for the initial order)
The way it is going I may be able to pay cash for the entire thing!

I will be looking for the obligatory pics of all of your cars in the near future. Anyone else order the dark grey?

Old 10-20-2008, 01:26 PM
Mini is as Mini does
5th Gear
I think I am taking it pretty well even though my MA told me I would have the car by the last week of Sep.. After talking to his associate I dug out the fact that the sport package wouldn't be avail till Dec. It is all good though as I have now ordered my JCW hood scoop and the phone cradle for my RAZR so when it DOES arrive I will be ready to roll.

I also see it another positive way, I now have OVER 50% of the final price saved for the down payment (not including the $1000 for the initial order)

I will be looking for the obligatory pics of all of your cars in the near future. Anyone else order the dark grey?
December? You are a lot more calm than I would have been. Nice job finding the silver lining in this little cloud. I LOVE my car but I keep looking at the loan payments extending into the distant future.

Old 10-20-2008, 01:46 PM
wandrur
Originally Posted by Mini is as Mini does
BEAUTIFUL.

Wow. I need one of those jobs. Heck, let's be honest...this delay (i.e., grad school) before finding a *real* career is such a financially uncomfortable place to be...

Old 10-20-2008, 01:53 PM
david in germany
5th Gear
I was being sarcastic about being able to pay cash.

Old 10-20-2008, 01:59 PM
wandrur
I was being sarcastic about being able to pay cash.
Hell, 50% is still HUGE.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:18 PM
david in germany
5th Gear
Yep, I feel pretty good about that one. I have been working the last couple of years to have 0 debt and have accomplished it. I am going for a 36 month loan and hope to pay it off in much less time as I HATE debt. I do all that I can to live within my means and the MINI purchase was a tough decision just because I would need the loan for it.
The final straw is my commute is doubling in the next month to about 50 miles one way and my 93 Celica is now almost 165k miles (still getting around 33-36 MPG) and I just want something I will be able to get better mileage out of as well as a bit more comfort for the hour+ one way commute..
The ability to get out on the Autobahn and put the peddle down is nice too when you need it!

Old 10-20-2008, 02:23 PM
wandrur
Yep, I feel pretty good about that one. I have been working the last couple of years to have 0 debt and have accomplished it. I am going for a 36 month loan and hope to pay it off in much less time as I HATE debt. I do all that I can to live within my means and the MINI purchase was a tough decision just because I would need the loan for it.
The final straw is my commute is doubling in the next month to about 50 miles one way and my 93 Celica is now almost 165k miles (still getting around 33-36 MPG) and I just want something I will be able to get better mileage out of as well as a bit more comfort for the hour+ one way commute..
The ability to get out on the Autobahn and put the peddle down is nice too when you need it!
That's awesome. I don't have nearly the fiscal responsibility that you do. The MINI purchase for me isn't exactly the best thing I could do right now, but, dammit, ya gotta make dangerous decisions sometimes, right?? One of these days, maybe, I'll learn better responsibility. But not today. I almost wish I lived further away from work and school so I could drive or ride my motorcycle more. It's weird to want to commute, isn't it...?

Old 10-20-2008, 02:28 PM
david in germany
5th Gear
Yes, it takes time to learn. I really wish I didn't need to commute as my wife commutes in the other direction I do but hers is presently about 25 miles one way.
My friend, gas is not cheap and it is tiresome to buy it all the time..

Old 10-20-2008, 02:29 PM
wandrur
True, it's costly. But sometimes that drive is just what I need in my high stress life. See? Yet another fiscally irresponsible inclination! Sheesh.

I just can't win.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:37 PM
david in germany
5th Gear
haha, I use my drive to calm down after work. I was once a hard driver but now I am a VERY conservative driver. Imagine, 60MPH in places that no speed limits exist! That is me. This is how I estimate 40+mpg with the MINI. My Celica has an EPA rating of 29mpg and I have pulled 38 out of it with my driving style (not a hypermiler) The Cooper S with a EPA esimate of 36 should show me 40+ 95% Highway.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:17 PM
wurking_girl
2nd Gear
Beautiful, Mini is... Thanks for sharing! I really like the cream with the wood.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:47 PM
Eoff
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Mini is as Mini does
Great pics, and I like the chrome package. Good looking MINI!

Old 10-20-2008, 09:45 PM
Davidson
1st Gear
::twitch::

i was so set on having Jarvis here this week and now I probably have to wait till next week. I'm full steam ahead into stage 3!!

Old 10-20-2008, 10:21 PM
wandrur
Originally Posted by Davidson
::twitch::

i was so set on having Jarvis here this week and now I probably have to wait till next week. I'm full steam ahead into stage 3!!
I kinda twitch normally.

I think I'm still in the stage 1.5 or so. But as soon as the weather gets bad and I can't ride my bike around anymore, THEN I'll start being impatient. Of course, it's probably going to snow tomorrow, so...it might be a quick 1 1/2 stages coming soon.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:25 AM
Mini is as Mini does
5th Gear
Originally Posted by wurking_girl
Beautiful, Mini is... Thanks for sharing! I really like the cream with the wood.
Originally Posted by Eoff
Great pics, and I like the chrome package. Good looking MINI!
Thank you all. It took me FOREVER to pick out what I wanted. The first build was bare bones NOTHING. Second cost more than a kidney transplant. What it comes down to is that ALLLL the Minis are BEAUTIFUL.

So how close are all the Mini's to home? I lost track of everyone after my blessed event.

Quick Reply: Week 39 (9/21/08-9/27/08) Support Gripe er Group