1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 39 (9/21/08-9/27/08) Support Gripe er Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 08:11 AM
Davidson
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
maybe some good news: my MA just called me to talk about the wheel and tire coverage and at the end of the discussion he looked up the status and said that now it looks like a possible Friday/early Saturday delivery! This is starting to go up and down like the dang stock markets. ::twitch::

Old 10-21-2008, 08:36 AM
Mini is as Mini does
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Davidson
maybe some good news: my MA just called me to talk about the wheel and tire coverage and at the end of the discussion he looked up the status and said that now it looks like a possible Friday/early Saturday delivery! This is starting to go up and down like the dang stock markets. ::twitch::
FABULOUS!!! Gotta think positive.

Old 10-21-2008, 10:30 AM
sequence
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mini is as Mini does
So how close are all the Mini's to home? I lost track of everyone after my blessed event.
For us westerners outside of S CA, at least 2.5 weeks away. Isolde is one slowpokey boat, so it seems at least.

Last edited by sequence; 10-21-2008 at 10:37 AM.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:02 PM
Mini is as Mini does
5th Gear
Originally Posted by sequence
For us westerners outside of S CA, at least 2.5 weeks away. Isolde is one slowpokey boat, so it seems at least.
Eeeeeesssssshhhhhh. OK, come on tailwinds!!!

Old 10-21-2008, 07:13 PM
wurking_girl
2nd Gear
Speaking for those of us that crossed on Western Hwy, we reached port on Oct 17 but word is just barely trickling out that some of the cars reached the VDC on Oct 20 - not sure what the MINIs were up to in the interim??!

Of course, the helpful OL still says cars are 'en route'... I for one have vowed to boycott the system.

Whew - that felt good to get that out! Thanks for asking... Frustration continues to build into Stage 3 and beyond. So keep those progress reports flowing...we're living on 'em now...

Old 10-21-2008, 09:00 PM
crashmtb
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine just landed at the dealer today :D
delivery on thurs.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:07 PM
wandrur
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Eeeeeesssssshhhhhh. OK, come on tailwinds!!!
I still say we get out and row!!

Originally Posted by crashmtb
delivery on thurs.
Awesome!!

Old 10-22-2008, 06:53 AM
wurking_girl
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by crashmtb
delivery on thurs.
Woo hoo!

Old 10-22-2008, 07:42 AM
Davidson
1st Gear
OL shows "At Distribution Center" now... maybe that means it's already left for home?

I AM GOING PEANUTS RIGHT NOW!!!! please please please PLEASE get here soon! /beg

Old 10-22-2008, 11:15 AM
wandrur
RIGHT ON!!!

Old 10-22-2008, 12:11 PM
Mini is as Mini does
5th Gear
OL shows "At Distribution Center" now... maybe that means it's already left for home?

I AM GOING PEANUTS RIGHT NOW!!!! please please please PLEASE get here soon! /beg
Considering how far off OL was through my whole process, you should be getting a phone call from the dealer any minute.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:56 PM
Davidson
1st Gear
omgosh! Yall were so right.. I called to talk to him about some paperwork they need from my credit union and my MA says "I was about to call you anyway... to setup a time on Friday for you to come pick up your car!" He says it it's getting delivered tomorrow.

I told him anytime was good cause I'm off on Friday and he says "oh, well imagine that!" So, I'm picking Jarvis up at 1pm on 10/24. Right on time

Old 10-22-2008, 02:02 PM
wandrur
omgosh! Yall were so right.. I called to talk to him about some paperwork they need from my credit union and my MA says "I was about to call you anyway... to setup a time on Friday for you to come pick up your car!" He says it it's getting delivered tomorrow.

I told him anytime was good cause I'm off on Friday and he says "oh, well imagine that!" So, I'm picking Jarvis up at 1pm on 10/24. Right on time
So happy for you! Sounds like a great day to just drive...and drive...and drive...

Old 10-22-2008, 02:12 PM
Mini is as Mini does
5th Gear

YEAH BUDDY!!!!! YIPPEE!!! YAY!!! HURRAY!!!!!!

Old 10-22-2008, 05:26 PM
berto
3rd Gear
YAY for you! Take Pictures and tell us how wonderful it is

Old 10-22-2008, 06:44 PM
Eoff
2nd Gear
Considering how far off OL was through my whole process, you should be getting a phone call from the dealer any minute.
Funny you should say that. My OL status last night was "en route". Today I get "the call" from my MA that my MINI is at the dealer. My OL status just changed to "at VDC".

Anyway, I drove by and saw her in the secured back lot all shiny and pretty. Sounds like she arrived just this afternoon, and I'm scheduled for pick up Fri morning! I'm so taking Fri off from work!!

Old 10-22-2008, 07:06 PM
Mini is as Mini does
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Eoff
Funny you should say that. My OL status last night was "en route". Today I get "the call" from my MA that my MINI is at the dealer. My OL status just changed to "at VDC".

Anyway, I drove by and saw her in the secured back lot all shiny and pretty. Sounds like she arrived just this afternoon, and I'm scheduled for pick up Fri morning! I'm so taking Fri off from work!!
WOW!!! That's GREAT. Starting to look like a string of dominoes now. One dropping after another.

Old 10-22-2008, 07:20 PM
wurking_girl
2nd Gear
Terrific news, gang! Oh, I hope I'm next!!

Saturday is picture day, right??!

Old 10-22-2008, 07:29 PM
Mini is as Mini does
5th Gear
Originally Posted by wurking_girl
Terrific news, gang! Oh, I hope I'm next!!

Saturday is picture day, right??!
Have you gotten any info from your dealer yet?

Old 10-22-2008, 07:41 PM
wandrur
I'm thinking I'm still at least two weeks out from delivery...

Old 10-23-2008, 05:55 AM
sequence
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm looking at the week of 11/10 for delivery. got some news from my MA that my JCW tune kit has been "backordered" (due to BMW trying to keep one step ahead of A/M exhaust manufacturers and constantly redesigning the parts for the exhaust mount) so that'll be one less thing that has to been done upon arrival. besides, I'd rather drive the car before the JCW kit is installed (during break in) so I can see the diff after the tune kit is installed. No biggie, rather have Isolde get its pokey *** here like NOW!

Old 10-23-2008, 06:13 AM
wurking_girl
2nd Gear
Have you gotten any info from your dealer yet?
I'm not sure my dealer has a phone...or at least I've had no evidence that it works for outgoing calls.

I'm going to break down and call him if I haven't heard anything by noon. Honestly, they don't seem to appreciate the ansgst (and whatever the other two stages are...) of waiting!

But you folks just go on and enjoy your MINIs...don't worry about us...we'll be fine, I'm sure..............

And don't forget the pictures!

Old 10-23-2008, 06:34 AM
Mini is as Mini does
5th Gear
Originally Posted by wurking_girl
I'm not sure my dealer has a phone...or at least I've had no evidence that it works for outgoing calls.

I'm going to break down and call him if I haven't heard anything by noon. Honestly, they don't seem to appreciate the ansgst (and whatever the other two stages are...) of waiting!

But you folks just go on and enjoy your MINIs...don't worry about us...we'll be fine, I'm sure..............

And don't forget the pictures!
Your Mini was unloaded in Charleston, right? Seems like it should have made it to you by now. Did you call your dealer and ask for the manager? Time to be annoying to them. If you want, I'll call for you. Obnoxious seems to come more naturally to New Yorkers.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:02 AM
wurking_girl
2nd Gear
Your Mini was unloaded in Charleston, right? Seems like it should have made it to you by now. Did you call your dealer and ask for the manager? Time to be annoying to them. If you want, I'll call for you. Obnoxious seems to come more naturally to New Yorkers.
Well, I know my MINI is at a VDC *somewhere*...so must have gotten off the boat. Right??

Okay, okay...you're right. Time to take a stand. Er, well, at least make a call... You're right about us midwesterners...it's all about being nice and getting along with everyone.

If I don't get anywhere, I'll tell them I'm calling in my 'associates' from the Big Apple to have a little conversation with them. That oughta rattle their cage a little...

Old 10-23-2008, 10:31 AM
wandrur
I'm looking at the week of 11/10 for delivery. got some news from my MA that my JCW tune kit has been "backordered" (due to BMW trying to keep one step ahead of A/M exhaust manufacturers and constantly redesigning the parts for the exhaust mount) so that'll be one less thing that has to been done upon arrival. besides, I'd rather drive the car before the JCW kit is installed (during break in) so I can see the diff after the tune kit is installed. No biggie, rather have Isolde get its pokey *** here like NOW!
So you think I'll get mine before you? I'm out of state from the 20th-24th for a conference in San Diego, so hopefully it's comfortably before then, though I suppose it wouldn't really matter one way or the other.

::sigh::

I hate waiting.

Quick Reply: Week 39 (9/21/08-9/27/08) Support Gripe er Group