1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 39 (9/21/08-9/27/08) Support Gripe er Group

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 12:13 PM
jpp_zoso
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just found out my chrome scoop is a backorder too.

Old 11-03-2008, 12:21 PM
sequence
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
whew, getting a little worried here
I need a life, but I will accept my MINI...

Old 11-03-2008, 12:31 PM
wandrur
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sequence
whew, getting a little worried here
I need a life, but I will accept my MINI...
Hehehe. No, we're still here with you, never fear.

Old 11-03-2008, 12:34 PM
lookabkl
1st Gear
I'm still here. My MINI has arrived safely in Portland and I'll be taking delivery on Friday morning at 9:00 am

Old 11-03-2008, 01:08 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Thanks, but Im slowly losing it-- my dealer can be VERY slow prepping a car for delivery. They hire snails just for this purpose.
I hear that snails work for peanuts or is this elephants. Sorry to hear about the wait sequence. We West Coasters really have the bad end of the stick for delivery time and your additional hold up doesn't help I'm sure.

Here's hoping that those snails speed up and that you're out motoring soon!

Last edited by Coopdy; 11-03-2008 at 01:17 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:28 PM
sequence
6th Gear
wow. All the... support... is making me....uh...kinda get warm and uh yaknow.... fuzzy

This is THE worst part of the wait, because in 2004 I remember lecturing my poor MA for taking waaaaay to long to prep and deliver a pre-sold car w/tint and cb, and busted the d'ship--not him--in the post-sale MINI survey. My admitted uber-impatience with prep snail labor nearly cost me that relationship. when I sold cars my admitted uber-impatience with prep snail labor nearly cost me my job, but that's another story

well, at least they dont have to mount the front plate holder.

lookabKL do U have any dealer accessories installed?? You may get yr car before me. Hell, I may get my car the same day as wandrur. (W check yr door hinge paint @delivery. I wonder if they repainted yr whole door just to fix the nick?)

Last edited by sequence; 11-03-2008 at 02:35 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:41 PM
sequence
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Coopdy
We West Coasters really have the bad end of the stick for delivery time and your additional hold up doesn't help I'm sure. Here's hoping that those snails speed up and that you're out motoring soon!
So does yr boat have to make a 3-day stop in Galveston, like ours (Isolde) had to? then the canal is kinda messed up due to construction, so our boats were like planes in holding patterns for a couple days SH to PH should only take 21 days.

Hope U get yrs soon as well. we westerners are screwed. but then U get yr cars and all is well

Old 11-03-2008, 03:13 PM
wandrur
wow. All the... support... is making me....uh...kinda get warm and uh yaknow.... fuzzy

This is THE worst part of the wait, because in 2004 I remember lecturing my poor MA for taking waaaaay to long to prep and deliver a pre-sold car w/tint and cb, and busted the d'ship--not him--in the post-sale MINI survey. My admitted uber-impatience with prep snail labor nearly cost me that relationship. when I sold cars my admitted uber-impatience with prep snail labor nearly cost me my job, but that's another story

lookabKL do U have any dealer accessories installed?? You may get yr car before me. Hell, I may get my car the same day as wandrur. (W check yr door hinge paint @delivery. I wonder if they repainted yr whole door just to fix the nick?)
Yep, I'll check carefully. I do wonder how much they repainted...I'm wondering if I can find out when I take delivery? Just for curiosity's sake. I had someone else mention to check the hinges and such, so that's a double check there.

I'm lucky--they only have the center armrest to install at the dealer. You got too many toys, sequence!

Old 11-03-2008, 03:33 PM
lookabkl
1st Gear

I'm not having any dealer accessories installed. I'm having the tint and cb installed locally.

Old 11-03-2008, 04:24 PM
jpp_zoso
2nd Gear
no pickup today...still not done yet. it was guaranteed for today when i filled out all the paperwork early, but apparently the dealer has a different version of merriam-webster than i do. last time i ever do a dealer "a favor", especially this one.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:09 PM
Eoff
2nd Gear
Haven't posted in a while

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but I have been reading the posts. I'm looking forward to you West Coast folks taking ownership and posting some pictures! It won't be much longer. Hang in there!

Old 11-03-2008, 11:26 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
So does yr boat have to make a 3-day stop in Galveston, like ours (Isolde) had to? then the canal is kinda messed up due to construction, so our boats were like planes in holding patterns for a couple days SH to PH should only take 21 days.

Hope U get yrs soon as well. we westerners are screwed. but then U get yr cars and all is well
Our boat (Turandot) made pretty good time: 22 days, 1 day beyond the schedule because of a delay at the canal. It should have hit the port today though I have no actual confirmation of this at this time.

It WILL be great when everyone in this support group is motoring! According to my MA, my MINI does not have the anthracite headliner as ordered and he is not 100% that it has the roof rails as some have come to them without!!! . I think he just wants to congratulate me when it arrives that the only thing missing is the HL, so I will feel relief about the rails rather than disappointment about the HL.

Wandrur, when did you place your order, just wondering how many days you've got into this. I ordered June 30th and hope to have it about 10 days...Updates: Oops, just saw your sig that said July 7th, so you're ahead of me in the waiting game, score 1 for Wandrur.

Old 11-04-2008, 05:25 AM
sequence
6th Gear
ordered mine--and traded in my R53--on July 21.

Old 11-04-2008, 05:27 AM
sequence
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Coopdy
my MINI does not have the anthracite headliner as ordered and he is not 100% that it has the roof rails as some have come to them without!!! .
Will yr dealer install the AH and related trim pieces once available? Altho the hardtop doesnt have the AH issue like clubbies do, my dealer said it's about 3/4 day job to do this, and will happily do so for those who were de-anthracited

Old 11-04-2008, 05:28 AM
sequence
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jpp_zoso
no pickup today...still not done yet. it was guaranteed for today when i filled out all the paperwork early, but apparently the dealer has a different version of merriam-webster than i do. last time i ever do a dealer "a favor", especially this one.
Looks like the snail-labor bug hit you as well.

Old 11-04-2008, 07:56 AM
PhoenixAscending
2nd Gear
I was able to pick up my Mini on Friday night. Lance and Tyler checked me out. The car is in great shape and I am immensely relieved that it is finally here

It doesn't appear that the Smartphone Integration is working properly so I've got Schomp checking into it. I can get by for now with the y connector.

Good luck to all those still waiting!

Old 11-04-2008, 09:44 AM
wandrur
Sweet, congrats!! I'm awaiting the call...

Old 11-04-2008, 10:05 AM
Mini is as Mini does
5th Gear
Originally Posted by PhoenixAscending
I was able to pick up my Mini on Friday night. Lance and Tyler checked me out. The car is in great shape and I am immensely relieved that it is finally here

It doesn't appear that the Smartphone Integration is working properly so I've got Schomp checking into it. I can get by for now with the y connector.

Good luck to all those still waiting!
That's TERRIFIC. Pics!!! We want pics.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:41 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Will yr dealer install the AH and related trim pieces once available? Altho the hardtop doesnt have the AH issue like clubbies do, my dealer said it's about 3/4 day job to do this, and will happily do so for those who were de-anthracited

Yep and said that they would do the same for the rails in case the car is de-railed . He said that fitting the rails afterwards would be a PITA but MINI would cover it, though of course I am hoping that the rails are in fact on the car. It hit the VDC this morning and now I'm in the holding pattern...tick toc, tick toc..

So you get yours tomorrrow?! Good luck sleeping!

Old 11-04-2008, 02:59 PM
wurking_girl
2nd Gear
Sorry to hear y'all are still waiting, but in another week you'll all be motorin' and loving it! Hang in there...we're all still rooting for you...

Old 11-04-2008, 03:54 PM
sequence
6th Gear
Got the call. Delivery high noon t'row! 101 more times (my wait in days)

Old 11-04-2008, 03:58 PM
sequence
6th Gear
Originally Posted by wandrur
Sweet, congrats!! I'm awaiting the call...
it'll hit ya like ESP-- you know when the call is imminent: hang in there, I predict t'row or thurs for fri or sat delivery

Old 11-04-2008, 04:29 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear

Coolio! What great news, now you know you're obligated to send along some pics for us tomorrow right?!

Old 11-04-2008, 04:37 PM
wandrur

it'll hit ya like ESP-- you know when the call is imminent: hang in there, I predict t'row or thurs for fri or sat delivery
I'm hoping for Friday. That would work the best with my schedule. Here's hoping...

Old 11-04-2008, 07:20 PM
jpp_zoso
2nd Gear
got mine tonight...sitting in the garage right now. no pix yet, too dark.

only drove it 30 miles so far, but compared to my now former 1996 mx-6 ls, my first impressions so far (never test drove one, nor even sat in one until tonight):

handles pretty much the same...i may change my mind a little once i get out on some windy roads, but i took a county highway home instead of the federal expressway, and it handles equal to the mx-6.

will take me awhile to get used to a 6-speed manual...used to 5-speeds, plus i'm going from a clutch w/ 187.5k miles on it and nearly worn out to a brandy new one, so my 1st and 2nd gear shifting timing are a bit off and rough still.

more punch/pickup than the mx-6. no contest. only 8hp difference between the two, but the mccs blows the mx-6 away.

i sit much higher in the mccs vs. the mx-6. that will take awhile to get used to as well. feels like a foot but is prolly only a few inches.

better front visibility, but much worse side and rear visibility. will hafta play around w/ seat position to see if i can improve the side visibility, but there's nothing i could do to improve the rear view. not worried much about visibility in any direction, but it is worse in the mccs.

way better headlights. holy crap. the low beam xenons are prolly better than the high beams in the mx-6.

smoother ride, although to be fair, the struts on the mx-6 were on their last legs.

better stereo. i've read a lot of whining about the 10-speaker hi-fi system, but it's way better than the stock 6-speaker mx-6 system.

they key fob is a bit odd...will take awhile to get used too...not sure if i'm a fan yet or not.

way more gizmos and controls...haven't decided yet if that's a plus or a minus.

better security.

better build...more solid, more polished, more better still.

engine whine is a bit different, especially after shutting it off. what the heck is that hissing after you shut it off? the mx-6 engine noise was more of a rumble, the mccs is definitely a whine. i don't think one is any better than the other, but it will take awhile to get used to a different sound whilst driving.

and of course the most obvious difference...big 'ol honkin' speedo!

Quick Reply: Week 39 (9/21/08-9/27/08) Support Gripe er Group