1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 39 (9/21/08-9/27/08) Support Gripe er Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 11:16 PM
Mini is as Mini does
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello All. It is nice to have a group of folks to go mildly insane with. I've been chewing my nails since 8-21 waiting for a production date. My MA tells me I am in week 39. ASK-MINI and OL say on order. I am betting on my MA.

Old 09-20-2008, 11:25 PM
wandrur
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mini is as Mini does
Hello All. It is nice to have a group of folks to go mildly insane with. I've been chewing my nails since 8-21 waiting for a production date. My MA tells me I am in week 39. ASK-MINI and OL say on order. I am betting on my MA.
Welcome to the madness!!

Old 09-21-2008, 06:59 AM
wurking_girl
2nd Gear
Hi 'Mini is...' I was in the same boat and someone suggested that I call ASK MINI (1-866-ASK-MINI) and talk to a service rep. He was able to tell me that my car was actually in production, even though the OL info said 'on order'. If you are Week 39, your car should have started thru the line (tho I guess a few other 39ers haven't heard anything yet, either) Anyway, if you haven't already, give them a call - they're really very nice. The waiting IS hard on the nerves (and nails)!

Old 09-21-2008, 08:16 AM
sequence
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
warm and fuzzy feelings are cascading over me at this time

Old 09-21-2008, 10:54 AM
Mini is as Mini does
5th Gear
Originally Posted by wurking_girl
The waiting IS hard on the nerves (and nails)!
Hi wurking girl. Yeah, the nails are chewed to my knuckles. I tried ASK MINI and kept getting different answers. Hopefully my MA is right. Running out of knuckles now.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:51 AM
the_edge8
2nd Gear
I just checked the OL and all of my options are GONE! I have ordered a regular cooper lightning blue metallic/ black roof/ blackstripes and in automatic.

My OL says "metallic lightning blue metallic, 4 door cooper" and thats all. No mention of black roof with black stripes, no mention of it being an automatic.

All of my options were correct on Friday, I don't know why everything suddenly has changed right before the week of production. Any ideas???

Old 09-21-2008, 12:22 PM
wandrur
The OL went down this morning and I think it's still picking up the pieces. My options were jacked up, too. I couldn't even access the OL login page for hours this morning. Don't panic.

Old 09-21-2008, 12:25 PM
the_edge8
2nd Gear
wooo, that is a relief!! I was like AAAHHHHHhhhhhhh, see what happens? I give the OL a break for 2 days and the whole place goes haywire! lol

Old 09-22-2008, 02:38 PM
wandrur
Just a daily bump. Working on reaching sequence's post count.

Old 09-22-2008, 03:28 PM
the_edge8
2nd Gear
wahoo i'm in production as of 9/20 with an expected completion of 9/27. OL still says on order and doesn't reflect what my actual car is supposed to be. Anyone think we have a chance of making that 9/29 boat? 2 days is cutting it pretty close so i dont know...any one else out there start production on the 20th too?

Old 09-22-2008, 03:37 PM
sequence
6th Gear
mine started on the 19th. and I guess the answer to yr other ? is timing for the boat, how many cars are already on the boat (remember they're floating Bimmers and Rolls too), and how many cars are ahead of yrs. But it appears they are shipping about every 8 days so the wait would be minimal. There will just be more gull crap on yr Cosmoline-covered car for the VDC boys to wash off

but since evrything is soooo much more efficient now (except the ol) Im thinking the boat might hold a week's worth of production so hey here's hoping it will, boat buddies at hurricane season's end!

Last edited by sequence; 09-22-2008 at 03:44 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:38 PM
sequence
6th Gear
Originally Posted by wandrur
Just a daily bump. Working on reaching sequence's post count.
well ya gotta get outta 4th gear, grasshopper

(word association games like on MINI2 are a good way to boost post count)

Old 09-22-2008, 03:40 PM
wandrur
Originally Posted by sequence
well ya gotta get outta 4th gear, grasshopper
Hey, I'm still working on break-in!

Old 09-22-2008, 03:49 PM
sequence
6th Gear
Yup. As the angst rises

Old 09-22-2008, 03:53 PM
wandrur
Yup. As the angst rises
Mmmmm...angst...

Old 09-22-2008, 03:54 PM
sequence
6th Gear
Hey, I'm still working on break-in!
omg I forgot about break-in. I took a big rock in the windshield near Montrose less than one mile after my 05's break in, like mile 1251 or something (I was counting down). pissed me off to high heaven. and as I look back, it was an ominous omen of things to come. Major Angst.

Sequence's Rule of MINI ownership #whatever: always carry a $10 windscreen repair kit in yr boot.

Old 09-22-2008, 03:58 PM
sequence
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Mini is as Mini does
Hello All. It is nice to have a group of folks to go mildly insane with.
"Mildly" insane? Just wait for all the fun. And welcome!

Old 09-22-2008, 04:01 PM
wandrur
omg I forgot about break-in. I took a big rock in the windshield near Montrose less than one mile after my 05's break in, like mile 1251 or something (I was counting down). pissed me off to high heaven. and as I look back, it was an ominous omen of things to come. Major Angst.

Sequence's Rule of MINI ownership #whatever: always carry a $10 windscreen repair kit in yr boot.
Oh, that's obnoxious!

I'm new to the MINI world, so I'm doing more reading than posting at the current time. I'm sure that will change some time in Novemberish, but until then...I'll break myself (in) slowly.
"Mildly" insane? Just wait for all the fun. And welcome!
Like a sign in my dad's shop says:
You don't have to be crazy to work here, but it helps.

Old 09-22-2008, 05:31 PM
jpp_zoso
2nd Gear
i assume i belong here since my owner's lounge status was updated over the weekend to "scheduled for production". i'm prolly one of the few in this forum not to call ask-mini yet, at all, much less multiple times a week or day. only called my ma twice too...once just to get the production number, and once to question whether or not i should have included the lsd option in my configuration.

Old 09-22-2008, 05:35 PM
wandrur
Originally Posted by jpp_zoso
i assume i belong here since my owner's lounge status was updated over the weekend to "scheduled for production". i'm prolly one of the few in this forum not to call ask-mini yet, at all, much less multiple times a week or day. only called my ma twice too...once just to get the production number, and once to question whether or not i should have included the lsd option in my configuration.
So...why haven't you called ASK MINI yet? Hmmm...? Sure, some folks are a little beyond excessive, but some of us just like to know a few more details. I haven't 'spoken' to my MA since I placed my order. I sent a couple of emails with questions and adjustments, but I've tried to control myself.

But I just had to find out my build week, and by doing so I learned that I had moved from week 40 to week 39. That was a good enough pay off for me to justify having given in to the temptation of calling...

But, welcome!

Old 09-22-2008, 05:49 PM
jpp_zoso
2nd Gear
So...why haven't you called ASK MINI yet? Hmmm...?
i guess i just haven't seen the point or felt the need to know something beyond what the owner's lounge is already telling me. the only date that means anything to me is "when can i pick it up?", and ask-mini can't help me with that, only my ma can. i haven't seen anything in the owner's lounge status that conflicts w/ what my ma told me the day i signed the purchase contract, so until or unless i do, i already have a pretty good idea when i'll be able to pick it up. if that day happens to be earlier than originally estimated, yippee!! i would much rather have that be a welcome surprise late in this sequence vs. obsessing about it for days or weeks before hand.

Old 09-22-2008, 05:52 PM
wandrur
True. Quite true.

This is my first new vehicle, so it's keeping me sorta on edge.

Old 09-22-2008, 06:18 PM
Mini is as Mini does
5th Gear
Originally Posted by jpp_zoso
Hi jpp. I am IMPRESSED. I logged into the OL as soon as I had a production number. Yes, I knew that it would show "on order" for MANY weeks. I started calling ASK MINI the third week after placing my order. Sometimes twice a day. My Mini started in production last Friday and I called ASK MINI again today. I think "obsessed" is not too strong a word but this car is AMAZING. GIVEN ALL THAT, I WISH I WAS MORE LIKE JPP. Happy motoring, friend.

Old 09-22-2008, 06:37 PM
sequence
6th Gear
he's not normal, he's not one of us. but he's welcome.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:01 PM
wurking_girl
2nd Gear
Wow, jpp, I think you are pretty unique in this community! More power to ya...

I actually have been pretty lucky - I've only had to send a couple of emails to my MA to get basic info, then one call to Ask Mini to learn my car is in production. Not too obsessed, right??! But I'm sure enjoy the company while I wait, and I've learned more about my future car before its arrival than I've known about any car I've owned previously!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed about the boat, too...

Quick Reply: Week 39 (9/21/08-9/27/08) Support Gripe er Group