1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All Aboard the ANIARA, Departing Southampton 9/4/08

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 08:37 PM
Mr Ray
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eurotrash01
I'm jealous, Mr. Ray. I hear your MA says you'll see your car in a couple of days. My MA still thinks my car is on a boat. When I asked him how much longer, he off-handedly said, "only about 2 weeks." I wanted to kill him.

MINIUSA says it is still en route, and the recording said it is scheduled for production.

I'm moving backwards, and we off-loaded together!

Did MINIUSA show you at the VDC over the weekend or perhaps on Monday?
Sounds like he didnt take the time to look it up. I called my MA after I found my VIN # on their inventory list on the web under a completely differrent car.
Our cars have had to have gone thru the VDC today. They had another delivery today and are expecting several more this week. I think that in your case they are waiting for a full truck load to send up to your dealer. My dealer is only 30min away from the VDC, he said wednesday would be the lateist he would expect delivery. MINI USA at this point is useless.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:57 AM
eurotrash01
3rd Gear
Mr. Ray-

Agree with all you said.

I called my MA again today and his system now shows an ETA at my dealer of 9/20 (although MINIUSA now shows 9/19), but he also said that the title for the vehicle (which would be held by MINI/BMW in NJ) would not arrive (even by FedEx) until a few days later. He thought 9/23-24 was realistic should the ETA in his system be accurate.

Of course MINIUSA & their reps now have no visibility whatsoever, and they should be forgotten at this point in the process.

I mention this only because you may/may not face a similar day or 2 delay due to the title transfer issue. Hopefully I'm completely wrong about this parrotted info and you'll be zipping around Bergen County on Thursday.

Last edited by eurotrash01; 09-17-2008 at 05:10 AM.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:13 PM
Mr Ray
3rd Gear
Talked to the truck driver who was making a delivery at my dealer (mine wasen't on it ) he said that the cars have to clear customs first before the VDC gets them. The VDC processes 500 vehicles a day. They had a ship come in yesterday and another this morning.He said he has a delivery here tomorrow hopefully mine will be on this one.
As far as the title dont know if its necessary on a new car as NJ issues 30 temporary registration and real ones show up about 2 weeks later its all done electronically and Fedex. I will call my MA tomorrow to find out whats going on as he was off today. I got a call from the dealer where I test drove the car telling me that the 09's are comming and that they are ready to accept my order now .(Isn't he abount 8 weeks late and a MINI short. but of course he likes to have 20 cars around that are needed for demo purposes ) Well sorry guy my dealer sells them on a real good day you might get to see a live one that someone has yet to pick up (actually he does have 2 in the show room that get changed off on a regular basis).
As for zipping around Bergen County the whole point of the Mini is to avoid it first trip is to Vermount and then off to Florida.

A guy that got an '08 from my dealer (he ordered a day after me ) said his car arrived at dealer 1 day after it arrived at port.

Last edited by Mr Ray; 09-16-2008 at 04:48 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:13 PM
Cally95
2nd Gear
Does anyone have any info on there car offloaded in NJ yet? A VIN search shows that mine was off loaded Sat.(13th) was thinking maybe someone a little closer then me might have heard that there car is ready. My MA says maybe Monday the 22nd. Just checking in!!

Dell

Old 09-17-2008, 01:46 PM
DSMCS
2nd Gear
If anyone is interested, the ship has been in Charleston since 7:20 this morning according to this http://www.port-of-charleston.com/vessel_schedule.asp

Old 09-17-2008, 02:26 PM
Mr Ray
3rd Gear
Still no car at the dealer any day now???????

Old 09-17-2008, 06:03 PM
MiniCS
2nd Gear
Just came back from my dealer... No 2009's yet.

My MA confirmed that my Mini will be on the first truck arriving at my dealer (WestchesterMini) and is currently scheduled for Friday 9/19. Unfortunately, I won't be in town until Tuesday (MA is out on tues.). So, no Mini for me until Wednesday 9/24.

Old 09-18-2008, 11:24 AM
DSMCS
2nd Gear
Last stop for the Aniara today! My car was offloaded this morning at 8:58.

Old 09-18-2008, 03:52 PM
Mr Ray
3rd Gear
NO MINI TODAY!!!!

Old 09-18-2008, 04:13 PM
DSMCS
2nd Gear
The week isn't over yet! There is still hope I'm surprised that the dealer doesn't know when exactly they will be getting a shipment

Old 09-18-2008, 04:30 PM
Mr Ray
3rd Gear
VDC has got to be the worst wait!!!
11 miles away my MINI sits behind Razor Barb Fences and NYC Port Authority Cops and Customs Drug Sniffing Dogs. and I dont even get visitation rights

Old 09-18-2008, 04:42 PM
eurotrash01
3rd Gear
<Tedious repetition alert>
At MINIUSA, mine still says estimated delivery date of 9/19. The finance person at my dealer said that isn't a real date for an actual "delivery" but it is the expected date that the truck will leave the facility. They show the vehicle arriving on Saturday, 9/20 in Massachusetts. The title paperwork won't come for a few (I hate that word when it comes from the dealer) days later. At least during the time the car arrives and the title stuff clears they can put on the Invisishield (clear bra.)

I'm hoping for Monday, but thinking Tuesday (9/23) is more likely. I'll probably pay them tomorrow just to make sure the $ is in their hands. Wouldn't want anything to slow down the handover.

Old 09-18-2008, 05:31 PM
Cally95
2nd Gear
Talked to my MA today and he said my car is still en route and not even at the dealer yet. So my original est. date to pick up my car was Mon. or Tues. has now turned into Thurs. or Fri. :(

Dell

Old 09-19-2008, 06:01 AM
Mr Ray
3rd Gear
OL says Saturday Delivery @VDC this was updated late last night. Now if OL is behind as usually maybe the dealer will get it today and I can have it Monday, otherwise looks like Wednesday my MA is off on Tuesday.

Old 09-20-2008, 07:49 AM
eurotrash01
3rd Gear
<Another tedious update>

Who knows?...maybe my experience serves as a model to others on what to expect w/r/t time of delivery.

My MA says the car is on the truck as of today (not yesterday) which means it will likely arrive in Massachusetts at a time when it cannot be off-loaded & processed at the dealer. Likely Monday for that, which means the driver then confirms the car has arrived, whereby they process the ownership change documents and FedEx them to the dealer. Tuesday, the dealer will do the InvisiShield & accessories, and likely the transfer to me will be Wed. or perhaps Thurs., depending on FedEx.

In the meantime, every MINI I see on the roads thumbs its nose at me.

Old 09-20-2008, 12:19 PM
DSMCS
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Mr Ray
OL says Saturday Delivery @VDC this was updated late last night. Now if OL is behind as usually maybe the dealer will get it today and I can have it Monday, otherwise looks like Wednesday my MA is off on Tuesday.
Any news from your MA? My OL is now showing 9/22 as delivery date. I wonder how accurate that is.... Chances are I will have to call the dealer on Monday to find out. My MA isn't very communicative. Sometimes I have to email him three times before I'd get a response from him

Old 09-21-2008, 07:21 AM
Mr Ray
3rd Gear
There are 10 2009's currently at my dealer. Mine was not one of them unless its hidden in the garage.( They dont have windows on the garage doors) As of Saturday night the OL still said 9/20 and is currently down maybe tomorrow?

Old 09-21-2008, 09:57 AM
Cally95
2nd Gear
Hey Mr. Ray

When did the 09's get in? I cant beleive yours isnt there. Hopefully it is in the garage, are you having any added features. Maybe it is in there for installation or something. For me the OL says the 20th. But havent heard anything yet. Sundays are hard

Dell

Old 09-21-2008, 10:09 AM
Mr Ray
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Cally95
Hey Mr. Ray

When did the 09's get in? I cant beleive yours isnt there. Hopefully it is in the garage, are you having any added features. Maybe it is in there for installation or something. For me the OL says the 20th. But havent heard anything yet. Sundays are hard

Dell
Between last Tuesday 9/14 and Sat 9/20 My OL says 20th .
They install the shift boot and brake handel and some chrome they told me an hour or 2 in the shop. The ones I saw on Tuesday are gone. They get delivers every day now 2 - 4 at a time havent seen a truck with the second layer in it Just hope Im not at VDC for damage

Old 09-23-2008, 07:05 AM
Cally95
2nd Gear
Anyone have any new news on there car? Me - still no word :(

Old 09-23-2008, 07:13 AM
DSMCS
2nd Gear
nothing here... OL shows delivery (Im assuming to the dealer) of 9/22. But who knows how accurate that is... Look at Mr. Ray. His car is supposedly still at the VDC

Old 09-23-2008, 07:31 AM
eurotrash01
3rd Gear
OL's "delivery" does not mean to dealer. OL said my est. delivery was 9/19 and yet my dealer still didn't have the car as of last night. My MA said that was an estimate of the truck leaving the VDC lot.

Time to pester my guy. The car is probably under a pile of papers on his desk.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:45 AM
Mr Ray
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by eurotrash01
OL's "delivery" does not mean to dealer. OL said my est. delivery was 9/19 and yet my dealer still didn't have the car as of last night. My MA said that was an estimate of the truck leaving the VDC lot.

Time to pester my guy. The car is probably under a pile of papers on his desk.
The trucks have been showing up with 1 or 2 cars and considering my dealer is only 30 min from the VDC, and your only 4-5 hrs away its time to fire the estimater DAY 11 AM delivery still no MINI

Old 09-23-2008, 08:42 AM
eurotrash01
3rd Gear
And OL says my car is waiting for a boat in Southampton, even though the car definitely made it off in Jersey City. So at this stage, you can tell how useful the OL info is.

Spoke with my MA. Still no car as of today at the dealer. He has calls into the VDC to find out WTF is up. Had there been an accident slowing down the delivery, his system would have shown that.

Lots of confusion reigning at the moment.

Old 09-23-2008, 02:39 PM
Cally95
2nd Gear
Finally got thru to my MA today and he said my car will be ready for pick up thurs!!! @ 1pm. I think it is actually ready now cuz he said the sport strips looked awesome, but he is off tomorrow. So I will be picking my car up at 1pm Thurs! YIPPIE!!! finally some news.

Dell

Quick Reply: All Aboard the ANIARA, Departing Southampton 9/4/08