1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All Aboard the ELEKTRA!! (Week 36) Leaving Southhampton 9/8/08

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 09:45 AM
snowcap_millie
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I missed alot of action in just a coupla days! Kewlby, your MINI is BEE-YOO-TIFUL! I've ordered an SS/B too, so I'm especially excited! I see you jave English Oak too!

Old 10-03-2008, 09:57 AM
kewlby
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by snowcap_millie
I missed alot of action in just a coupla days! Kewlby, your MINI is BEE-YOO-TIFUL! I've ordered an SS/B too, so I'm especially excited! I see you jave English Oak too!
Thanks! We have such great taste.

I picked it up last night so I haven't had a good daytime look at the interior yet. I'll definitely post some pictures in my gallery by the end of the weekend. I think SS with S-Winder wheels is way under represented on the NAM site. So is the English Oak. I've only seen two SS MINIs prior to picking up mine and one was at the dealer.

So all you new owners, be sure to post some pics and let us know your first impressions.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:41 AM
WYSIWYG
2nd Gear
My guy just e-mailed me. I'm picking it up tomorrow afternoon!!!

Dang, I really need to do something about all that chrome.

Attached Thumbnails All Aboard the ELEKTRA!! (Week 36) Leaving Southhampton 9/8/08-img00203.jpg  
Old 10-03-2008, 01:13 PM
maximus96
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by WYSIWYG
My guy just e-mailed me. I'm picking it up tomorrow afternoon!!!

Dang, I really need to do something about all that chrome.
your sig shows driving lamps but not in your picture. you're going aftermarket? i'm planning on putting a pair (or two) of Hella 500's on mine.

i'm going to buy a can of the black plasti-dip and de-chrome mine the first chance i get. it sounds simple enough. only hiccup is probably the door handles.

Have fun if you guys meet up. unfortunately i can not make it because i don't have time on sunday mornings.

Old 10-03-2008, 01:59 PM
WYSIWYG
2nd Gear
I haven't decided on the lights yet. After seeing the price that the dealer wanted to install them, forget it. I might go aftermarket or I could get all the stuff from Morristown Mini for much cheaper and install it myself. I have a friend that owns a BMW/Mini/MB repair shop that I could always have do it.

I'm thinking to paint the gas cap, head and tail light rings BRG and the rest black out. Haven't decided whether to do the Joey mod. The new wheels are already on their way.

Sorry, Kewlby, I can't make it either, but I'm sure we'll run into each other.

Old 10-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Dinlaka
2nd Gear
After a bit of confusion, MA told me the car is at the dealer as of 2PM today. I am picking mine up around 4 tomorrow afternoon.

Can't wait!!!

Will post pics ASAP.

Old 10-03-2008, 05:54 PM
maximus96
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Dinlaka
After a bit of confusion, MA told me the car is at the dealer as of 2PM today. I am picking mine up around 4 tomorrow afternoon.

Can't wait!!!

Will post pics ASAP.

nice! glad it all worked out. my appointment is at 11:30.

Old 10-03-2008, 06:03 PM
deepcscuba
1st Gear
My MA said mine was picked up at the VDC yesterday, and is "on its way" to Colorado. I wish I was going to be motoring this weekend like you all, but it is not in the cards. Looks like Mon or Tues for me.

Old 10-03-2008, 06:39 PM
MiniLaser
Neutral
Just picked up my MINI!!!! Had an awesome drive home (even though it was in traffic)!!! I've got a slight detour (have to finish some stuff at work) then I'll be out motoring the night away!!!

I'll have more (and better) pics up soon!!!

Old 10-03-2008, 08:19 PM
kewlby
3rd Gear

Can't wait!!!

Will post pics ASAP.

Yea!!!!! Sparky and I are happy for you Dinlaka!!

Jesse called me tonight to ask how my ride was and he also told me your car came in. I for one was relieved. I'm glad you're getting it tomorrow so you can fun with it during the weekend.

Cheers!

Last edited by kewlby; 10-04-2008 at 05:51 AM.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:57 PM
snowcap_millie
2nd Gear
Guess who's coming home tomorrow afternoon?

My little MINI.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:08 PM
Dinlaka
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by kewlby
Yea!!!!! Sparky and I are happy for you Dinlaka!!

Jesse called me tonight to ask how my ride was and he also told me your car came in. I for one was relieved. I'm you're getting it tomorrow so you can fun with it during the weekend.

Cheers!
Thanks, Kewlby and Sparky! I am glad the wait is almost over!!!

It's going to be a fun drive home, that's for sure!

Cheers, mate!

Max- thanks, have fun tomorrow!

Snowcap millie and WYSIWYG- happy motoring!

MiniLaser- awesome ride! Love the white crown spokes

deepcscuba- only a few more days.....not too long now....hang in there.....we will definitely post some pics for you to enjoy and kill time before you pick up yours!

Old 10-04-2008, 09:01 PM
snowcap_millie
2nd Gear
I can't tell you how happy I am with this car. My MA told me there really isn't a breakin period for this, and I honestly could not drive under 65 mph today anyway. I drove in the daylight, night time...it's truly an awesome experience. I wish the same feeling for you all who are about to get your own MINIs, as I got today. For those of you who already have their minis....you know what I'm talkin' about.

Old 10-04-2008, 09:15 PM
aafflyer
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Got it today!

Well, picked up my car today. It was GREAT! Since I haven't driven a Cooper since my last test drive in June, it was a long wait. I bought my car from a dealer 100 miles away because my home town dealer wanted 5K more than I paid (MSRP + 10% premium + $1700 required dealer add-ons).

Other than some bumper to bumper traffic (rollover on the other side of the freeway), it was a pleasant drive home.

I'll post a picture tomorrow -- there still in my wife's camera.

Old 10-05-2008, 12:51 AM
maximus96
3rd Gear
Picked up mine today as well, went in at 11:30 and didn't leave till 2:30. turns out the wheels were wrong, got s-winders instead of bridge spokes. it was supposed to be an easy swap but end up taking longer because the first swapped set didn't have the tpms sensors. the second set did.

the other, bigger hiccup was my wood steering wheel and **** was missing. turns out it was never ordered but was in my order sheet. so they will order the steering wheel and swap it for me when it comes in in the next couple of days. i was promised a loaner for this work.

i didn't notice some cosmoline stain on the arches until i got home. if i can't get rid of it i'll have East bay take care of it when i bring the car in for the steering wheel replacement.

other than these hiccups, it was a smooth experience. Jesse was helpful throughout the entire ordeal and threw in rubber mats because of this trouble. i promised to give him all 5's. the little knick-knacks in the gift bag was also a nice gesture.

The finance guy didn't seem too happy when I declined every single thing he tried to offer but he didn't press on once i refused his initial attempt.

overall, a great experience. the car is fun, even under 4k rpm is still plenty fun and i didn't know i was already going 70 down castro valley blvd...

Old 10-05-2008, 02:59 AM
Dinlaka
2nd Gear
WoW! I love this car!!!

Got to the dealer around 4:45 this evening. My mini was waiting for me inside the showroom. It looks great! Totally as I pictured it would be.

The whole process was pretty quick, out of the dealer by 6:30. I guess everybody wanted to go home. I had to fight for a set of carpeted floormat and a boot mat (was promised beforehand for a few referrals). In the end, everybody was happy, I got mats and Jesse will get all 5s on his survey. The gift bag was pretty cool, too. Not sure if the contents are the same, but I got a baseball cap (love it!), a small travel mug, a keychain, smint and a Hammer&Coop air freshener.

Here are the pics...more in my gallery later!

Old 10-05-2008, 03:06 AM
Dinlaka
2nd Gear
Max- Nice Mini! Nice wheels! Glad things worked out ok in the end.

Snowcap_millie- I know the feeling! After 80 miles from the dealer to my home, still can't stop grinning as I type this!

aafflyer- Congrats! but don't forget to post some pics.

It's worth the long wait, don't you agree?

Old 10-05-2008, 10:35 AM
maximus96
3rd Gear
Max- Nice Mini! Nice wheels! Glad things worked out ok in the end.

Snowcap_millie- I know the feeling! After 80 miles from the dealer to my home, still can't stop grinning as I type this!

It's worth the long wait, don't you agree?
haha, mine was sitting at that same spot when i went to pickup. looks like the gift bags contain the same items. its a nice gesture, all i got from Nissan was a lousy key chain.

did you get a scissor jacks in the trunk. i didn't. i thought i read some other S people did. i have a couple of bottle jacks sitting around i suppose its no big deal.

definitely worth the long wait.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:52 AM
Dinlaka
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by maximus96
haha, mine was sitting at that same spot when i went to pickup. looks like the gift bags contain the same items. its a nice gesture, all i got from Nissan was a lousy key chain.

did you get a scissor jacks in the trunk. i didn't. i thought i read some other S people did. i have a couple of bottle jacks sitting around i suppose its no big deal.

definitely worth the long wait.
I didn't get the tools either. Jesse said with Run Flats, we don't need them. I knew it's handy to have them though. But no biggy.

Have you figure out a way to configure the lock/unlock beep as in the manual yet? I am trying to look into that but to no avail so far....

Old 10-06-2008, 07:07 AM
maximus96
3rd Gear
I didn't get the tools either. Jesse said with Run Flats, we don't need them. I knew it's handy to have them though. But no biggy.

Have you figure out a way to configure the lock/unlock beep as in the manual yet? I am trying to look into that but to no avail so far....
no OEM alarm = no beep. i don't have the alarm, oh well...

Old 10-06-2008, 01:56 PM
TrishK
Neutral
Hello all,

Congratulations to you guys on getting your MINI's. Mine is supposed to be delivered this Wednesday to the dealer. Just curious, did any of you use Mountain View MINI? I wanted to know how you felt about the experience if you did. Thanks .

Old 10-06-2008, 06:32 PM
maximus96
3rd Gear
some pics of the clear bra installed today

its really hard to see its on there.

also blacked out the chrome grille today,

Old 10-06-2008, 07:59 PM
WYSIWYG
2nd Gear
How much did the bra cost? Where are they located?

Thx.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:42 PM
aafflyer
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pictures are now in gallery, but here is one that is there:

I call this the "big and small" picture. Guess which one gets better mileage...

Old 10-07-2008, 12:28 AM
maximus96
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by WYSIWYG
How much did the bra cost? Where are they located?

Thx.

normal price is $555 - $40 discount. They have a shop in Walnut Creek but they're mobile. The install today was done in my garage. Took a long time tho, from 11-5 straight. no lunch or bathroom breaks.

Quick Reply: All Aboard the ELEKTRA!! (Week 36) Leaving Southhampton 9/8/08