1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All Aboard the Don Quijote Leaving 9/19

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 03:48 AM
minimich
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DQ update

According to WW site, it appears both New York ports of call are now red -- the ship has sailed! Expected in Baltimore on 9/30. My car was "discharged" last night at 8pm in NY! So close....

Old 09-29-2008, 05:20 AM
ColonialHoo
2nd Gear
minimich -

Congrats. One step closer. My baby was also discharged last night at around 8pm. Now comes the truck ride to Southern Virginia. Hoping to pick her up early next week at the latest. I guess it all depends on the VDC release procedures and and residual delays from the EPA hold-up.

To all the Brunswick folks, here's to a safe trip for all your babies from here on. I can assure you all that the Chesapeake Bay (for tomorrow's stop in Baltimore) is calm and beautiful right now.

Old 09-29-2008, 05:31 AM
Red_Fred
2nd Gear
I'll echo the congrats too. Fred was discharged at about the same time too. Now for the last bit of waiting. Here's to smooth sailing to Baltimore and then on farther south and a safe, quick trip for all who are still waiting.

Old 09-29-2008, 08:12 AM
Eagleav8r
1st Gear
How Can you tell it was dicharged?

Hi Red Fred

Im waiting for the Brunswick arival.. thanks for the info!

How can you tell what time your car was discharged? it seems that the Miniusa/Owners Lounge is way behind the Don Q trip.?

Thanks

Eagleav8r

Old 09-29-2008, 08:23 AM
ColonialHoo
2nd Gear
Eagleav8r -

I checked my cargo status with my VIN ( http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/ ) and it updated my status as "discharged" at 1959 on 28/09/2008. I also used the Booking number and found that I was one of 289 MINIs discharged in NY. At first, I thought there were only 289 MINIs on board, but I can assume that those numbers were specifically for the booking number associated with the trip from Southampton to NY. My guess is that you will have a different booking number for the Brunswick destination, and using that will give you the number of cars to be offloaded in SC.

Old 09-29-2008, 08:58 AM
Eagleav8r
1st Gear
ColonialHoo

Thanks very much, Im curious how many Minis are going to Brunswick

Chow

Old 09-29-2008, 09:05 AM
Eagleav8r
1st Gear
Total Mini's getting off in Brunswick

There are 182 minis getting off the Don Quijote in Brunswick on Oct 3rd

Old 09-29-2008, 11:10 AM
Red_Fred
2nd Gear
Eagleav8r,

ColonialHoo beat me to it. Talked to my MA who said that I might have the car by the weekend. Not holding my breath, but still hopful!!

Old 09-29-2008, 03:35 PM
napria
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Red_Fred
Eagleav8r,

ColonialHoo beat me to it. Talked to my MA who said that I might have the car by the weekend. Not holding my breath, but still hopful!!

Oh, you are sooooo fortunate!! I'm still waiting for mine to get discharged in Brunswick, on to the VDC then on to my dealer. I'm really, really hoping to get mine on Friday, Oct 10th, but that may or may not happen. The timing is really close and everything would have to go very smoothly!

Congrats and good luck!

Old 09-29-2008, 05:26 PM
Red_Fred
2nd Gear
Thanks, Napria! Like I said, I'm not gonna hold my breath, but everytime I think about possibly motoring for the first time this weekend, I get this bouncy, squirmy, nervous excitement that'll drive my wife crazy if I'm not careful!

Hope Bianca enjoys the rest of the trip and I hope that trip is a short one!

Old 09-30-2008, 04:45 AM
QkSilvr
1st Gear
The Don Quijote is now in Baltimore

Attached Thumbnails All Aboard the Don Quijote Leaving 9/19-dqbal.jpg  
Old 09-30-2008, 01:20 PM
napria
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by QkSilvr
The Don Quijote is now in Baltimore
YIPEE! One port closer!!

Old 10-01-2008, 12:20 PM
edje
1st Gear
Got mine last night. Can't believe how much I love it and how much everyone else loves it. These cars have such a character to them.

My favorite thing so far is the visibility. I'm about 6' tall so I sit pretty far back and I just can't believe the panoramic view. And the sunroofs take up so much of the roof, they are so much more worth it than I thought they would be.

MCSa SS/B. All the fun stuff (Premium, Cold, Bluetooth, Hi-Fi, Sirius) none of the looks stuff yet (except white turn signals).

Old 10-01-2008, 12:52 PM
mike and his mini
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by edje
Got mine last night. Can't believe how much I love it and how much everyone else loves it. These cars have such a character to them.

My favorite thing so far is the visibility. I'm about 6' tall so I sit pretty far back and I just can't believe the panoramic view. And the sunroofs take up so much of the roof, they are so much more worth it than I thought they would be.

MCSa SS/B. All the fun stuff (Premium, Cold, Bluetooth, Hi-Fi, Sirius) none of the looks stuff yet (except white turn signals).
Picture!

Old 10-01-2008, 01:33 PM
Red_Fred
2nd Gear
Here Here!! Picture!!

Old 10-01-2008, 03:39 PM
napria
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by edje

Edje! I moved from Hunt. Village 6 years ago!! Please take a pict with Huntington in the background (maybe one of the beaches? Some of the shops on Main Street?) I miss De Raimo's! And the A&S Pork Store! And the library! Oh!Oh! Caumsett!

Ok, now I'm boring everyone else. Sorry!

Old 10-01-2008, 05:31 PM
minimich
Neutral
Congrats Edje! That panoramic view sounds awesome. Has anyone else heard from their MA? I've only received a general statement that it is usually a few days from NY port to dealer then a day or two before customer pick-up. It's been a FEW - barely 4, technically 3 days --
I want that 3am phone call that I can pick it up NOW!!!

Old 10-01-2008, 05:58 PM
srahaim
2nd Gear
Talked to my MA at Otto's in West Chester. She said my pick up would be late next week (Arrived on Don Q in NY on Sunday). Apparently the EPA hold on 2009 MINIs caused a very large backlog of cars that the dealership has to work through to get to me. They got 25 cars released to them on Monday.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:16 PM
minimich
Neutral
Originally Posted by srahaim
Talked to my MA at Otto's in West Chester. She said my pick up would be late next week (Arrived on Don Q in NY on Sunday). Apparently the EPA hold on 2009 MINIs caused a very large backlog of cars that the dealership has to work through to get to me. They got 25 cars released to them on Monday.
Such a bummer. I read on another thread that there were 30 cars delivered there this past Saturday- week 37ers. Complete backlog. Maybe the MA's will do a little overtime or do you suppose they would hire us to help distribute them faster???

Old 10-03-2008, 11:25 AM
edje
1st Gear
Napria - thats so funny! I actually got Pizza from DiRaimo's last night. If you're ever in town again maybe we can do some motoring . I'll try to get some good pics over the weekend!

I hope everyone gets their cars soon. Just wait - everyone you know is going to go crazy over it.

Also, I was nervous about the sparkling silver but it's just amazing. And no-one can figure out what color it is. I've heard shiny tan, light bronze, grey-green, glowing khaki, and the clear-winner - cream soda.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:38 AM
Eagleav8r
1st Gear
Spark Silver & Black

Hi edje

Do you have any pics yet..?

I ordered the same color except JCW. She should be coming off the boat in Brunswick GA as I type this. then on a truck down to Ft Lauderdal Mini.
Hopefully Ill can pick her up by the end of next week!

Thanks Post some pictures

Old 10-03-2008, 01:04 PM
edje
1st Gear
Wow - looks like you got every option. Your car is going to be ridiculous, I should be the one asking you for pictures. Anyway I've been so busy so this weekend I hope to get some up.

You know what I wasn't ready for since I haven't driven a fwd car in a while, the torque steer. It's pretty serious. I can't imagine it on a JCW with all that extra power.

Also I can't see streetlights...I remember a while ago seeing a product that sticks to the top of your windshield and bends the light down so you can see the streetlights. Anyone have this? Does it work and where can I get one?

Old 10-03-2008, 02:00 PM
Eagleav8r
1st Gear
Woooo Horsey..Tork Steer!

Edje

Thanks.. Im really looking fwd to getting the JCW. I think I have to trade the farm for it.
I think the color match is really Class. Im glad you like yours!

I have a 2008 BRG S cabro im trading in. only has 2500 mi. I found out they were offering the Factory JCW just after I got the Cabro..its great especially in So FL. but on hot hot days you still leave the top up and Air on.. Might as well have the Hard Top... And vroom

Torque steer, yip a trait of the car. but you get used to it pretty fast and eventually dont notice it. use it to your advantige in the turns.

As far as the traffic light blind spot.. I cant see them either if I get to close event with the top down.. And if I pull up a little to look over the winshield Im in the intersection.. Perhaps a submarine periscope?

Best of luck with your new baby.
And pop off some pics. Im sure it will take a week for them to get my car down to Ft Lauderdale so atleast i can see the awsom color combo

Chow

Old 10-03-2008, 02:04 PM
BobT
1st Gear
Has anyone been able to get valid information about the Don Q in Brunswick, Ga.?
I can not find out anything more than it has left it's previous port!

Old 10-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Eagleav8r
1st Gear
She is in Brunswick since early this morn

<DIV id=vesseltracker> |Don Quijote (IMO: 9138525)

Don Quijote IMO Number:9138525Country: SwedenMMSI Help

Quick Reply: All Aboard the Don Quijote Leaving 9/19