1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hooray MINI, Boo Ike!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 03:12 PM
thewrongguy
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hooray MINI, Boo Ike!

Finally got my MINI after a 8 week wait, which according to some of you is pretty short. I've had nothing but beautiful weather for all of august and September, but we seem to be getting the Hurricane Ike effect up here and it's been a torrential downpour since I've been handed the keys. Very little chance to drive, and no chance to drive spirited. . I've only taken it to a local wal-mart to pick up some stuff. Of course I used to park my 9 grand mustang near the back of any lot so the new MINI gets about as far away from the door as is possible. Of course all the rain from the 5 minute hike might lead to me getting pneumonia so I might never get a chance to really take it out.

Oh yes the fire truck. My neighbour is a bit of a charecter. I've yet to park the MINI next to the miata to see which is bigger. What can I say I like big boy go-karts. Changing the side scuttles, and something to break up the white and it'll be off to a good start. That and getting my ipod integrated a little better.

Old 09-15-2008, 04:37 AM
Red Dragoon
6th Gear
Congrats on picking up your MINI and my compliments on your excellent defensive parking. Enjoy the motoring.

Old 09-15-2008, 07:53 AM
AvidMINI
Seeing CHILI RED!
Beautiful PW Cooper!

I like the fire engine too. Don't sweat it, I'm sure you'll have ample opportunity to stretch your car's legs before the weather turns for the worse. Take this time to familiarize yourself with all of the wonderful standard features your car features! I'm constantly learning things about my car. For instance, the car has the uncanny ability to remain motionless on an incline for a couple of seconds as you engage the clutch! And I learned this on California Avenue in San Francisco of all places!

I'm partial to the Union Jack Scuttles myself. Can you tell? They're a breeze to install. You just pop the hood, slide the scuttle assembly forward, disconnect the light socket, reconnect it to the new scuttle, and slide the assembly back onto the fender. Took about five minutes to swap out both sides. Worth every penny. The scuttles really add a welcome splash of color to the car's sides!