1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All Aboard the Caribbean Highway, departed Southampton on September 12, 2008

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 07:19 AM
MrOtto
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone notice the irony?

The river where the boat is docked is the Cooper River. Thought that was really funny.

Old 09-27-2008, 12:23 PM
WM3
2nd Gear
Well, the Caribbean Highway just now left port, so all vehicles should be at or on their way to the VDC.

Old 09-29-2008, 08:13 PM
WM3
2nd Gear
So, has anyone here heard anything yet?

Old 09-29-2008, 11:12 PM
tancred
4th Gear
My MA said I can take delivery as early as next Monday!! It helps that I'm not having anything installed at the VDC that might hold us up from getting on the truck right away. From my stalking of my dealer the past few weeks, they seem to be on a Saturday delivery schedule. I may have to sit in the lot across the street from the dealer and behind the PF Chang's to watch for the stork's arrival. Only trouble is when the cooks go on break, they give me funny "what are you doing here?" looks. So maybe I should leave the binoculars at home.

Old 09-30-2008, 06:37 AM
BearsMCS
2nd Gear
We also received notice that Gabby may arrive at the dealership on Saturday, 10/4..

Bear

Old 09-30-2008, 06:59 AM
aliasrlm
1st Gear
Oooo, I'm so jealous. I'm still waiting for an update from my MA...hoping to get it by the end of next week. Can't wait!!!! My boyfriend got me an early birthday present of some lovely MINI floor mats (carpet ones and rubber ones) and until I get my car, I guess I can just pet those and imagine that I'm in my new car.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:28 AM
Wizeguy9999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by BearsMCS
We also received notice that Gabby may arrive at the dealership on Saturday, 10/4..

Bear
I just realized you are from Overland Park, KS. Did your MA call you and let you know that or did you call them?

My MA is MaryAnne Calhoun at Baron Mini and she hasn't called me yet. I'm hoping my car arrives on 10/4

Old 09-30-2008, 08:06 AM
BearsMCS
2nd Gear
Wizeguy9999,

This is the 3rd MINI we have gotten from Baron. They provide us all the information automatically without being badgered. (We did that when I got mine.).

Enjoy your new car.

Bear

Old 09-30-2008, 08:11 AM
Casey61
1st Gear
While reading everyone's good news, my MA called to tell me that Otis is at the VDC and that he should be at the dealership in a couple of days. They will call when he comes in, but I should be able to take delivery on Saturday!

Old 09-30-2008, 08:23 AM
tancred
4th Gear
Originally Posted by aliasrlm
My boyfriend got me an early birthday present of some lovely MINI floor mats (carpet ones and rubber ones) and until I get my car, I guess I can just pet those and imagine that I'm in my new car.
He sounds like a great guy! The manager at my dealership gave me a CR MINI plush toy when I ordered to keep me company during the long wait. It's next to the TV, so I'm always looking at it and sighing. When I dust it, I think of the fun I'm going to have detailing the real thing!

Old 09-30-2008, 10:59 AM
aliasrlm
1st Gear
Originally Posted by tancred
He sounds like a great guy! The manager at my dealership gave me a CR MINI plush toy when I ordered to keep me company during the long wait. It's next to the TV, so I'm always looking at it and sighing. When I dust it, I think of the fun I'm going to have detailing the real thing!
Yeah, he's a keeper. I think he loves the MINI more than I do. He told me he even had a dream about driving it last night. Ha! On a side note, I would've liked a cool plush MINI toy to keep me occupied during this long wait. All I've had is my little color printout to drool over.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:06 AM
aliasrlm
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Casey61
While reading everyone's good news, my MA called to tell me that Otis is at the VDC and that he should be at the dealership in a couple of days. They will call when he comes in, but I should be able to take delivery on Saturday!
Casey61 - just noticed you're in Ohio. By any chance are you getting Otis through Classic MINI in Mentor? Curious 'cause that's where I'm getting mine....would be fantastic if mine would be in the same time as yours!!!!

Old 09-30-2008, 04:09 PM
Casey61
1st Gear
Originally Posted by aliasrlm
Casey61 - just noticed you're in Ohio. By any chance are you getting Otis through Classic MINI in Mentor? Curious 'cause that's where I'm getting mine....would be fantastic if mine would be in the same time as yours!!!!
Otis is coming through Midwestern Mini in Dublin. Before I ordered, I contacted Classic and Cincinnati Mini looking for models that were on the lot. Waiting is not one of my strong suits, but I could not find what I was looking for and figured ordering would save me time in the long run. The folks at Classic seemed pretty cool, they were the fastest to respond to emails!

Old 09-30-2008, 04:25 PM
tancred
4th Gear
I posted this in the Week 36 thread, but I thought I'd celebrate here too -- my MINI should be at the dealer tomorrow!! The manager called to ask what time I could pick it up tomorrow (if it's ready to go) or Thursday. Yesterday my MA had said next Monday at the very earliest, so I was too stunned to give a coherent answer for a few moments. That truck must have been bookin' from SC. I knew that CR gives a MINI an extra 15 hp, but not that it would do the same for the truck it's riding on!

Old 09-30-2008, 04:34 PM
aliasrlm
1st Gear
I posted this in the Week 36 thread, but I thought I'd celebrate here too -- my MINI should be at the dealer tomorrow!!
tancred, I am sooooooooo envious. That said, I'm happy for you! Wow. What a nice surprise!

I can only hope for a similar one. Talked to a MA at the dealership this afternoon (mine had the day off); he said that it wouldn't even ship out of Charleston until Oct. 2. Then he said to add a week on to that....and that's when I can pick it up. I was disappointed to hear that because of all the great news you and others on the board have been having. Oh well - at least I don't have to wait TOO much longer.....

Old 09-30-2008, 04:37 PM
Casey61
1st Gear
I posted this in the Week 36 thread, but I thought I'd celebrate here too -- my MINI should be at the dealer tomorrow!! The manager called to ask what time I could pick it up tomorrow (if it's ready to go) or Thursday. Yesterday my MA had said next Monday at the very earliest, so I was too stunned to give a coherent answer for a few moments. That truck must have been bookin' from SC. I knew that CR gives a MINI an extra 15 hp, but not that it would do the same for the truck it's riding on!
Holy cow, that seems really quick!! Do you have friends in the car carrier industry? Congrats!!

Old 09-30-2008, 09:01 PM
MrOtto
1st Gear
Kanas City - Baron

Got the news also that my MY Clubman should be arriving on the 4th. Can't wait! Hopefully they won't have it sit there too long.

Old 10-01-2008, 05:47 AM
Wizeguy9999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MrOtto
Got the news also that my MY Clubman should be arriving on the 4th. Can't wait! Hopefully they won't have it sit there too long.
Am I the only one who ordered from Baron that was on this ship who has NOT found out they will be in on the fourth??

So disheartening.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:10 AM
MrOtto
1st Gear
Call them

I would call them and see what is up. If you have done that already then what is up?

Over the last week I have been bugging them for information so maybe that is why I know and maybe why you don't?

Good luck.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:15 AM
Wizeguy9999
4th Gear
I emailed my MA yesterday (believe me, I've been asking for updates throughout)... and she sort of sent me back a we'll call you, no need to check in response.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:16 AM
Wizeguy9999
4th Gear
BTW... was it your MA who called you, the sales manager, janitorial staff?

Old 10-01-2008, 08:00 AM
MrOtto
1st Gear
Who is yours?

If it was a she, that leaves it to one of two people. Mine is Liz.

Apparently, so I am told, that they have been sending me emails all along, but I have only got one of them. I am sure that they have a lot to worry about and my personal car is not their top concern.

Again good luck.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:06 AM
SooperDooperCooper
1st Gear
WOOHOO!

Just heard from my MA today that my MINI is at the dealership right now... I'm hoping to pick it up either tomorrow or Friday

Old 10-01-2008, 10:11 AM
Wizeguy9999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MrOtto
If it was a she, that leaves it to one of two people. Mine is Liz.

Apparently, so I am told, that they have been sending me emails all along, but I have only got one of them. I am sure that they have a lot to worry about and my personal car is not their top concern.

Again good luck.
MaryAnn is my MA. I'm sure she has more going on than keeping up with my car. I almost wish they had never informed me that I could track my mini. The pain of following it has been great.

Hopefully that just makes the joy of getting it greater.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:29 AM
MrOtto
1st Gear
Tracking

I agree. I just wish that one day you would just get the call to come get it, and didn't have anyway to track before that. Really drive me crazy. Don't they know I am obsessive compulsive!

Good luck.

Quick Reply: All Aboard the Caribbean Highway, departed Southampton on September 12, 2008