1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All Aboard the Caribbean Highway, departed Southampton on September 12, 2008

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 10:56 AM
aliasrlm
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OMG. Just got an email from my MA...and my baby is at the dealership, too!

Crazy 'cause yesterday they told me it wouldn't get in until mid-next week. Crazy!

WOOHOO! I'm going to pick it up on Saturday. How exciting!!!!

Old 10-01-2008, 03:34 PM
tancred
4th Gear
It's official -- I pick up my Clubman tomorrow at 2:30! How will I sleep tonight??

Old 10-01-2008, 04:22 PM
aliasrlm
1st Gear
Originally Posted by tancred
It's official -- I pick up my Clubman tomorrow at 2:30! How will I sleep tonight??
Woohoo! How exciting! Don't forget to post some pics.....it's so great to see pics of all these cars that are finally being united with their owners. Brings a tear to my eye. Aw.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:39 PM
MrOtto
1st Gear
Okay, I just can't stand it!

I am happy for everyone who is getting their cars, that is great. But man it is not helping me out!!! It is making it harder and harder for me to wait.

I must say also that I am getting a little flack about the car from my wife. With everything that is happening with the economy in the last week, seems like a horrible time to buy a car. Like she said, if we had bought it a month ago we wouldn't really worry about it, but...Well when I ordered my car, I think it was six or seven years ago, okay, maybe it was August 5th, I had no idea things would be as crazy as they are right now.

Anyway, happy for everyone, but it is like Chrismas week when you are a kid, or maybe the week before a long overdue vacation as an adult, please oh please would October 4th just get here! Now I am going to have to look at my notes, I think that my MA said that it would arrive then, then they need a day or two. They are closed on Sunday, so that would mean Monday, or lord help me Tuesday. I CAN'T WAIT! Someone take a picture of their recent arrival to help the pain.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:46 PM
MsBrit
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Wizeguy9999
Am I the only one who ordered from Baron that was on this ship who has NOT found out they will be in on the fourth??

So disheartening.

Don't feel bad, my JCW is MIA too . I have tried to contact my MA, but had to leave a message - hopefully I will hear something tomorrow, but if I don't I won't be back in the country until the 11th so the earliest I will be able to pick Rupert up will be the 13th

Anyway, Congrats to all of you from the CH on your new arrivals My day will come soon

MsBrit

Old 10-02-2008, 07:52 AM
DaveJ50
2nd Gear
Glad to hear that the cars from the Caribbean Highway are starting to show.

I ordered on 08/20 after telling co-workers that the only way to get what you want for your birthday was to get it yourself.

Well, today is the birthday and I still didn't get what I wanted.

It can't be long if you folks are getting yours.

Old 10-02-2008, 08:03 AM
Wizeguy9999
4th Gear
This is how bad it's gotten. I was sitting at my work desk and my cell phone started ringing. It didn't pop up a name so it's was either going to be a wrong number or some business calling me.

I was 100% sure it was going to be my MA calling to tell me when my car would arrive. Nope!

I can't even answer my phone anymore without getting my hopes up.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:01 AM
MrOtto
1st Gear
Oh CRAP!

It is there! The dealer just called and told me that my Clubman is sitting at the dealer and when do I want to pick it up!

I am excited, but at the same time hadn't planned on getting it until the weekend. Do I need to go today, drive it in to work tomorrow?

Is it a boy? A girl? Crap thought that I would have more time to think about a name.

Oh well, a good problem to have.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:06 AM
aliasrlm
1st Gear
Originally Posted by MrOtto
It is there! The dealer just called and told me that my Clubman is sitting at the dealer and when do I want to pick it up!

I am excited, but at the same time hadn't planned on getting it until the weekend. Do I need to go today, drive it in to work tomorrow?

Is it a boy? A girl? Crap thought that I would have more time to think about a name.

Ha! Well, that's great news! I had to rush around to get all my loan paperwork and insurance done today - my MA had originally told me that my car wouldn't be there 'til the end of next week.

I think the rest of the MIA MINIs from the CH will start showing up any time now. I think MINI just wants to give new owners a nice surprise.

I don't have a name either. And here's my dumb question: is this totally required? How can I name it when I haven't even met it yet???

Old 10-02-2008, 09:57 AM
BearsMCS
2nd Gear
YAY!!

Gabby is sitting at the dealer waiting for us. Wife is at work so I will be going over this afternoon to grab some pictures. We will be "adopting" her officially on Saturday.

We sincerely hope all of the MINIs that sailed over on the Caribbean Highway with Gabby will bring their new "parents" as much happiness and trouble free motoring as ours have done.

Good luck to you all.

Bear and LAM

Old 10-02-2008, 11:58 AM
Wizeguy9999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MrOtto

When you are there can you look for a Laser Blue/Black JCW that looks like someone forgot it?

Old 10-02-2008, 12:30 PM
MrOtto
1st Gear
I did ask, sort of

When you are there can you look for a Laser Blue/Black JCW that looks like someone forgot it?
I went there at lunch today to check out my car, forgot your colors, but did ask about the JCW and what was the hold up. My CA said that some are there and some are arriving. They did have my name on the wrong car, so maybe that is just the deal. Did hear something that some were held an extra day or two because of exhaust or something like that.

On my way home from work I will cruise the lot and see if I see anything for you.

Mine looked really sweet, although needed a bath. I got the roof rails which I haven't seen yet and thought that they really looked nice. I am having mud flaps put on, front and back, be more of a cruise mobile.

Anyway, good luck and I will report back if I see it.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:48 PM
Wizeguy9999
4th Gear
Thanks!

I knew that their was a recall on the JCW kit, but had never heard anything about changing the Factory JCW exhaust. Maybe that held it up.

But I'll still hold hope that they just haven't gotten around to calling me yet.

(checks phone to see if I have any missed calls)

Old 10-02-2008, 01:16 PM
MrOtto
1st Gear
I feel your pain

The checking the phone thing is funny as hell. I have done that myself a million times, really made me laugh.

On my way home I will drive through the lot again and see if I see anything.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:18 PM
MrOtto
1st Gear
Will it have the aero kit?

I looked around for that when I was there earlier and didn't see any, but since you said that there was a recall thought that maybe it wouldn't be installed?

Old 10-02-2008, 01:24 PM
Wizeguy9999
4th Gear
No need to drive by!!!

They called about 5 minutes ago!!! It's there!!

No Aero Kit yet, it arrives next week.

Crazy excited. I'm heading over there in about 10 minutes to see it.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:35 PM
MrOtto
1st Gear
Can I still drive by anyway?

Nice!

Old 10-02-2008, 06:06 PM
Casey61
1st Gear
No need to drive by!!!

They called about 5 minutes ago!!! It's there!!

No Aero Kit yet, it arrives next week.

Crazy excited. I'm heading over there in about 10 minutes to see it.
Congrats Wizeguy! Did you get any pics you can post?

Old 10-02-2008, 07:36 PM
tancred
4th Gear
Here's mine!

I posted a couple more pix on the Week 36 thread, but here's my guy!

Have to tell you about my afternoon before going to the dealer for my 2:30 appointment. I had an exam today from 12:30 to 1:45, and then I was free. Normally students finish my exams in less than an hour, and most did, but there were a few who had to go for the full 75 minutes. While I don't believe in rushing students -- they're absolutely entitled to that time -- I was ready to climb the walls! Here's hoping we're all less jumpy once we get our MINIs!

Old 10-03-2008, 09:08 AM
Wizeguy9999
4th Gear
Got another call...

I just found out that my JCW kit actually arrived this morning, and so I am scheduled for an 11AM delivery tomorrow.

Anyone else taking delivery around then tomorrow at Baron? Would be cool to meet some people from the forum

Old 10-03-2008, 11:50 AM
BearsMCS
2nd Gear
Chris,

We are "adopting" Gabby at 9:00 AM. We will be around till 10:00 AM filling out paperwork and the like.

Got some pictures of yours yesterday - send me a PM with your email and I'll send them to you..

Bear

Old 10-03-2008, 06:57 PM
MrOtto
1st Gear
Good and bad news

Picked up my car today (still working on the name). It is really cool, and a lot of fun. I was told that it is the first in the city with the roof rails, don't know if that is true, but it looks really sweet.

So, I pick her/it/he up, and have a very pleasurable drive home. Look over everything, decide to go get some supplies to keep her/it/he clean and looking nice. So far so good.

I live in a very hill and fun part of the city. One hill in particular is exceptionally steep (private hill) but it is the normal way that I go home. Anyway, I was going up the hill, heard the engine struggle a bit. But easily got up the hill. I think that it struggled a bit as I didn't hit the hill at speed, but I was in first so didn't think that should be a problem. I went the last 1/4 mile and as I turned in the driveway the check engine light popped on. Bummer.

Called the dealer and it was just too late to bring it in tonight, so they want to see it first thing on Monday. They said that I could drive it this weekend, but that I should really take it easy. So, I am really timid to drive it around too much before they look at it.

I will try to get some pictures and post them tomorrow.

Old 10-03-2008, 07:54 PM
Wizeguy9999
4th Gear
Sorry to hear that!

I get to go pick up my baby tomorrow. Too excited to sleep!

Old 10-03-2008, 08:38 PM
WM3
2nd Gear
I pick up my MCa on Wednesday afternoon! The wait is almost over...

Old 10-04-2008, 03:32 PM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
Sorry to hear that!

I get to go pick up my baby tomorrow. Too excited to sleep!
So tell me how the experience was at Baron? Did you get anything free?

Quick Reply: All Aboard the Caribbean Highway, departed Southampton on September 12, 2008