1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All Aboard the Caribbean Highway, departed Southampton on September 12, 2008

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 09:00 AM
Casey61
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All Aboard the Caribbean Highway, departed Southampton on September 12, 2008

Woo hoo!!!! My MA confirmed today that Otis is in transit and the dates match those of the Caribbean Highway! Any one else have good news?

Last edited by Casey61; 09-16-2008 at 09:18 AM.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:23 AM
TLPD120
1st Gear
Congrats Casey!!!

Old 09-17-2008, 09:23 AM
Wizeguy9999
4th Gear
I too am on the Carriebean Highway. Only 8 days til we hit US soil

Old 09-17-2008, 10:20 AM
Casey61
1st Gear
Yeah, not knowing where my mini was for 5 days sure made the time fly!!

Old 09-17-2008, 09:50 PM
tancred
4th Gear
Hey guys, looks like my little one made it too!! At 9 PM I was still getting "awaiting transport" on the OL, then at midnight (Eastern time) it rolled over to "en route". Given that WW is still coming up blank, he must be aboard the Caribbean Highway. Yay!!! Snoopy happy dance time!!

Old 09-17-2008, 10:24 PM
tancred
4th Gear
OK, we can't seem to track this ship on sailwix, but at least we have a picture of her!

Attached Thumbnails All Aboard the Caribbean Highway, departed Southampton on September 12, 2008-66708.jpg  
Old 09-17-2008, 11:09 PM
SooperDooperCooper
1st Gear
Hey everyone, looks like my MINI made it onto the CH as well, I'm glad it didn't get left behind

Old 09-18-2008, 08:01 AM
BearsMCS
2nd Gear
Add Gabriella Marie (aka Gabby) to the list of cruisers. Gabby is getting a facelift to replace her 2003 version. She can be a bit of a handfull so warn the fellow cruisers to be on guard.

Bear and LAM

Old 09-18-2008, 08:13 AM
joshpuetz
1st Gear
My Hot Chocolate MCCS is also on the Caribbean Highway. Interesting...we all seem to be located in the midwest!

Old 09-18-2008, 10:18 AM
Casey61
1st Gear
Originally Posted by joshpuetz
My Hot Chocolate MCCS is also on the Caribbean Highway. Interesting...we all seem to be located in the midwest!
I am wondering if the put all of Northeast Minis on the Indy II and Midwest on the CH. It kinda stinks that we cannot track the CH's progress across the Atlantic, I guess I can survive for a week.

Old 09-18-2008, 02:14 PM
SooperDooperCooper
1st Gear
It's too bad we can't track it, but at least I know it's on its way here-- the anticipation continues to mount!

Old 09-18-2008, 04:56 PM
elegantmini
2nd Gear
Yay! I'm so glad that after such a looooong time so many of you, who thought you'd been left behind on the dock 6 days ago, have discovered you're on the Caribbean Highway. Here's to motoring soon!

Old 09-18-2008, 05:48 PM
Casey61
1st Gear
elagantmini, are you on the CH too?

Old 09-19-2008, 04:02 AM
elegantmini
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Casey61
elagantmini, are you on the CH too?
No, my baby is on the Independence II, which left Southampton last Friday too. I was one of the lucky ones that had my VIN appear on the WW list fairly quickly. Some of the others on the same ship didn't get the word for days. And as many here have noted, the OL can be very sloooow to update... it just rolled to En Route for me this morning!

Old 09-19-2008, 06:48 AM
DaveJ50
2nd Gear
Hey, I just found out that I am crusing with you on the Caribbean Highway. I was completed on the 9th and had a picture in my mind of my mini sitting alone in a huge empty parking and some guy saying "Yep, I got them all".

Old 09-19-2008, 08:01 AM
Casey61
1st Gear
Originally Posted by DaveJ50
Hey, I just found out that I am crusing with you on the Caribbean Highway. I was completed on the 9th and had a picture in my mind of my mini sitting alone in a huge empty parking and some guy saying "Yep, I got them all".
Welcome aboard Dave, we are slowly filling the cargo hold!

Old 09-19-2008, 11:55 AM
DaveJ50
2nd Gear
Thanks

My MA said that the ship was expected in Chas. SC on the 25th. Is that what everyone here thinks as well?

Old 09-19-2008, 12:37 PM
SooperDooperCooper
1st Gear
Originally Posted by DaveJ50
Thanks

My MA said that the ship was expected in Chas. SC on the 25th. Is that what everyone here thinks as well?
Yep according to the K-Line schedule here, the ship is expected to make it in to Charleston on the 25th. So close, yet so far away....

Old 09-20-2008, 08:41 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Did any of you get confirmation through your MA that you are on CH? I'm wondering because 2 WW ships have come and gone with no luck for me with my VIN but the Southern Hwy pulled out of Southampton last night and of course there is no way to know who was on her.

I've been sitting at the dock since this past Monday and I'm sort of in the Mid West so I'm hoping....

OL and automated crack pipe is still just telling me "awaiting transport".

Somebody give me some hope!

Old 09-20-2008, 09:07 AM
Wizeguy9999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by kellypgh
Did any of you get confirmation through your MA that you are on CH? I'm wondering because 2 WW ships have come and gone with no luck for me with my VIN but the Southern Hwy pulled out of Southampton last night and of course there is no way to know who was on her.

I've been sitting at the dock since this past Monday and I'm sort of in the Mid West so I'm hoping....

This sounds exactly like my story. OL said awaiting transport. Crackline said sitting on the dock of the bay. WW said I was not in their system. Even my MA the day after the CH left told me I was not on a boat. Like four days later I called and asked to talk to the Sales Manager to find out why I was the one left out. He took 5 minutes, looked into it, and called me back and said that I was on the CH that had left 5 days ago, and that I'd be in on the 25th.

All of us on the CH seem to be non coastal cities. You fit that bill. So you are probably on the K-line that left, but due to their wonderful system you won't know it for a few more days. Forget all other means of looking into it and ask your Sales Manager.

You have too much good karma for your car to be sitting around the dock all lonely with the strange week 38 and 39 cars.

Old 09-20-2008, 09:17 AM
AvidMINI
Seeing CHILI RED!
If I may...

The Owner's Lounge tends to be way behind schedule in "tracking" our beloved MINIs. According to it, mine is still "At Distribution Center!" It never said that my car was at the MINI dealer, and I took delivery on August 23rd!

What you said is correct; the best way to chart the course of your car is by consulting your MA. Enjoy your rides when they hit the shore, everyone!

Old 09-20-2008, 09:32 AM
Casey61
1st Gear
Originally Posted by kellypgh

The MA could not tell me what ship, only the date that I shipped and when I would be due in the states. I matched the dates to the CH.

CH left on Friday, called the MA on Tuesday, and the OL changed on Thursday. I am willing to bet that you are on the SH! Too much good karma for you to not make that ship!

Old 09-20-2008, 09:36 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Wizeguy9999
This sounds exactly like my story. OL said awaiting transport. Crackline said sitting on the dock of the bay. WW said I was not in their system. Even my MA the day after the CH left told me I was not on a boat. Like four days later I called and asked to talk to the Sales Manager to find out why I was the one left out. He took 5 minutes, looked into it, and called me back and said that I was on the CH that had left 5 days ago, and that I'd be in on the 25th.

All of us on the CH seem to be non coastal cities. You fit that bill. So you are probably on the K-line that left, but due to their wonderful system you won't know it for a few more days. Forget all other means of looking into it and ask your Sales Manager.

You have too much good karma for your car to be sitting around the dock all lonely with the strange week 38 and 39 cars.
Thanks again Wizeguy. You've been there to "pick me up" when I've been down over the last couple of days- you've got some good karma too!

I don't want to hound my MA. I talked with him on Thursday and he told me he would let me know if my Mini was loaded on a ship but I'm sure the next time I hear from him will be when it arrives at the dealer unless I do call. I think I'll try to put things out of my mind for the weekend and maybe call on Mon or Tues.

I'm happy for everyone on the CH and soon you guys will be motoring! YAAYYY!

Old 09-20-2008, 12:39 PM
DaveJ50
2nd Gear
Kellypgh, I found out through my MA and I am also a mid-west kind of guy.

Mini online said I was awaiting transport for a week and I finally called (I had resisted). They said that only my MA would know for sure which ship I was on. He did know that I was on the CH but I'm not sure how he could know without the Mini folks knowing first.

He is a nice guy but the info had to come from somewhere and I doubt that he went and watched my Mini load.

Your story sounded enough like mine that I thought I would post something. Hope you made the boat.

Last edited by DaveJ50; 09-20-2008 at 06:13 PM.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:38 PM
mickdayank
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Wizeguy9999

DING! My situation is EXACTLY like the first part of Wizeguy's quote. MA says I'm on the ocean so I assuming that Trudy is on the CH. IF NOT, I will be severly irked. Tough to wait! MOL isnt worth the pixels it is made of. Today it crashed and now it says I have a 4 door MCS and all the options are gone so it went from undependable to loopy! Oh well. Should know something this week eh?

Quick Reply: All Aboard the Caribbean Highway, departed Southampton on September 12, 2008