1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All aboard Medea Depart Southhampton 9/21

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 03:59 PM
HTClubman
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh, my, god...you poor thing! It's best to have the bumper right, but the wait - OUCH.

Old 10-22-2008, 07:47 PM
siggiS
2nd Gear
HERMIONE arrived at home today. I think that I am the last one to receive her Mini off the Medea. But we are super happy and tired after spending 4 hours at the dealership. Glad the wait is finally over. After getting into the car and getting familiar with everything, we are not sure if we are going to replace the Headliner. It does not look bad at all. I feared that the color would just be off, now I am thinking that the Anthracite HL maybe to dark. I will drive her for a couple of days before we'll decide.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:06 PM
HTClubman
5th Gear
Originally Posted by siggiS
HERMIONE arrived at home today. I think that I am the last one to receive her Mini off the Medea. But we are super happy and tired after spending 4 hours at the dealership. Glad the wait is finally over. After getting into the car and getting familiar with everything, we are not sure if we are going to replace the Headliner. It does not look bad at all. I feared that the color would just be off, now I am thinking that the Anthracite HL maybe to dark. I will drive her for a couple of days before we'll decide.
Yay!!! Congratulations!! Rasupinj and I decided to let the headliner issue go...you're right, the gray doesn't look so bad afterall. Enjoy getting to know you're new baby!

Old 10-23-2008, 05:04 AM
SirParlan
2nd Gear
We got ours last night. We also did not have the correct HL. Since we do not have a sunroof I think the gray will work better for us. The anthracite would have been too dark I think.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:39 AM
siggiS
2nd Gear
SirParlan, Congratulations! I know at first it seemed like such a big deal to not get what we ordered, but in hindsight it maybe a good thing to have the lighter colored HL. Now I need to get ready. The kids want me to drive them to school. Hmmm,...I wonder why?

Old 10-23-2008, 08:57 AM
HTClubman
5th Gear
Congrats, SirParlan!!

Old 10-23-2008, 10:00 AM
HTClubman
5th Gear

Ok...here are the racing stripes we had put on yesterday...we are NOT happy with how they turned out (the install job). They are not lined up appropriately, which we could see immediately. They offered to fix it, but we decided to have them removed this morning. Very disappointing. There was also a lot of bubbles in the application that are still there today. .

Notice the off-center of the stripes and the MINI logo...lame.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:58 AM
OceanMini
1st Gear
Originally Posted by HTClubman
Notice the off-center of the stripes and the MINI logo...lame.
Wow. You would think they could see how off-center they are. Bizarre. I'm considering getting custom painted stripes later on, but I'm concerned that if they're painted, I'll just have to live with them if I don't like them. The decal stripes look sharp when they're new. I've seen some that are old and they get a little ragged looking. I've heard you should replace them after five or six years. I'm still debating.

But then, I still don't have my Clubbie. It's bumper is being painted at the VDC, so I won't even see it for two more weeks.

Sandy

Old 10-23-2008, 12:01 PM
HTClubman
5th Gear
Originally Posted by OceanMini
Wow. You would think they could see how off-center they are. Bizarre. I'm considering getting custom painted stripes later on, but I'm concerned that if they're painted, I'll just have to live with them if I don't like them. The decal stripes look sharp when they're new. I've seen some that are old and they get a little ragged looking. I've heard you should replace them after five or six years. I'm still debating.

But then, I still don't have my Clubbie. It's bumper is being painted at the VDC, so I won't even see it for two more weeks.

Sandy
Poor OceanMini! I would not recommend having them painted, I've heard you're really stuck if it doesn't come out right...we're taking the stripes off and keeping it just a PW for now.

Old 10-30-2008, 01:07 AM
OceanMini
1st Gear
I had finally come to accept that our baby was delayed, and she would arrive whenever the heck she felt like it.

Well, tonight was the night! Hub checked Mini USA online this morning. Hm? ... Our delivery date had changed to today? He called the dealer, and sure enough, it had arrived and was going through dealer inspection and final detailing. We said we would pick it up on Saturday.

Then the dealer called back and said she would give us a few hundred dollars off on accessories if we would come and get it tonight (end of the month sales push). We made it happen, and now our baby is home in the garage, a true beauty.

It was worth the wait. Driving it home at 10pm, up the highway and into our garage, I felt like I had won the lottery. Now, I'd better shut up and knock wood (we got the wood sport steering wheel), and go to bed so I can dream about it.

Sandy

Last edited by OceanMini; 10-30-2008 at 01:14 AM.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:03 AM
siggiS
2nd Gear
Sandy, congratulations!!! So glad to hear that your baby finally made it home.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:30 AM
OceanMini
1st Gear
Thanks, siggiS! Now, I'm part of the pack, and wondering about our first big road trip. Our baby came at an unexpected time, so I think we'll enjoy it around town this rainy weekend, and plan a longer trip for next weekend.

I just went out into the garage to visit her. She's so pretty!

Sandy