1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All Aboard Southern Highway, Departing Southampton Sept. 20

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 10:16 AM
bstaps
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jtop
I know a couple who ordered an 08 and received it a few weeks ago. I think they said it took about a week for theirs to get from the VDC to the dealer. I'm from Dallas, where are you located?
Dallas, Hillcrest and Arapaho. U?

Old 09-27-2008, 10:38 AM
n3mpr
2nd Gear
Kelly,
Finally - something more than a may be............
I just found out that Bella is due at the port in SC on the 2nd of Oct. Since she does not show up on the W&W site she is almost certainly on the SH with the rest of you.

My MA is out for a few days and Scott at Flow is helping me.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:56 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by n3mpr
Kelly,
Finally - something more than a may be............
I just found out that Bella is due at the port in SC on the 2nd of Oct. Since she does not show up on the W&W site she is almost certainly on the SH with the rest of you.

My MA is out for a few days and Scott at Flow is helping me.
I knew it , now our ship is complete! Great news Greg! Hopefully that completes all week 37 er's who've been hangin' on without confirmation.

...and to moe jiller, mesomini, robdufrene- a big welcome aboard! Party on deck tonight!

robdufrene, that is a cool story about Equity and I love the name.

We can't track SH but judging from the Patriot II, I believe we are currently just off the coast of Nova Scotia near Halifax... 5 days and counting.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:31 PM
flwrgrl
Neutral
Well guys.... Kyle's a Cat1, but it looks like the Patriot (and therefore possibly the Southern Highway) is skirting along right in front of it. Rough seas, but nothing we can't handle, right? Right?!?

Old 09-29-2008, 06:14 AM
robdufrene
Neutral
OK, I am officially on board the SH, just called Kline with my BL# and Vin and was told i am on..whoooo hooooo

Old 09-29-2008, 10:13 AM
moe-jiller
3rd Gear
Earlier this morning the Mobil.Vesseltracker said the SH was in Chesapeake Bay "Waiting". My only responce to that is Yes we are WAITING. ajm

Old 09-29-2008, 11:16 AM
mdr29
1st Gear
Originally Posted by moe-jiller
Earlier this morning the Mobil.Vesseltracker said the SH was in Chesapeake Bay "Waiting". My only responce to that is Yes we are WAITING. ajm
She's now on the move and looks to be ~15 miles from Baltimore.

Old 09-29-2008, 12:43 PM
moe-jiller
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by mdr29
She's now on the move and looks to be ~15 miles from Baltimore.
Wait! That is the wrong direction. South - go South

Old 09-29-2008, 01:12 PM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
She's sitting in the Baltimore Port now- right on schedule!

Hopefully our Mini's didn't get bumped around too much at sea with Kyle churning up the waters.

We're almost home everybody!

Last edited by kellypgh; 09-29-2008 at 01:44 PM. Reason: don't know my sea's from my see's -ugh!
Old 09-29-2008, 03:55 PM
mickdayank
2nd Gear
Info?

Where are you all seeing this info? I looked at the Charleston shcedule last night and there was no Southern Highway on it to be found as far as an arrival in the next 30 days!

Old 09-29-2008, 04:19 PM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by mickdayank
Where are you all seeing this info? I looked at the Charleston shcedule last night and there was no Southern Highway on it to be found as far as an arrival in the next 30 days!
We are seeing it through the following link:
http://mobile.vesseltracker.com/mobi...0804&z=1&minus=-
I also noticed that the Charleston port schedule doesn't mention our fine ship. I'm not sure what that's all about because all of the WW ships are listed along with some of the other K Line ships... its a little disconcerting.

Hopefully someone knows its coming in 3 days or I'll be down there unloading them myself.

Old 09-29-2008, 06:12 PM
n3mpr
2nd Gear
Gang,

You can also find the Southern Hwy at: http://ais3.siitech.net/VTSLite/AView.aspx

The Inner Harbor in Baltimore is a fun place so the Mini's should be having fun.

It will not be long now....

Last edited by n3mpr; 09-29-2008 at 06:17 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:21 PM
n3mpr
2nd Gear
Kelly,

Like the name Finnigan. When did you decide?

Old 09-29-2008, 06:38 PM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Kelly,

Like the name Finnigan. When did you decide?
Thanks Greg.
I've had lots of names rolling around but nothing seemed quite right and of course having a family who isn't shy about voicing their opinions, nothing was was passing muster!
Their isn't much of a story behind it but I come from proud Irish heritage and was leaning in that direction and the watering hole that we tailgate at before Steeler games is "Finnigan's Wake" (Go Steelers!-I'm watching them as we speak). My 15 y/o daughter was the one who came up with it over the weekend and we all said "that's it!"
I was wondering the same thing about your name. I'm in the middle of reading The Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer and the main character's name is Bella. I think it is the perfect name for your Mini.
Do you (or anyone else who wants to chime in) have a story behind how you came up with your Mini's name?
Hopefully no one considers this hijacking the thread. I know there are separate threads for this but I figured its okay since we are just trying to pass the time while we not so very patiently wait for our Mini's.

Last edited by kellypgh; 09-29-2008 at 06:46 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:32 PM
n3mpr
2nd Gear
Kelly,

My wife has heard the name a few times and Bella sounded better than some others. We did not get any input from the family, especially our daughter as no one knows we are getting a Mini.

I like Irish "watering holes" as I have a wee bit (3/4) Irish in me.

Enjoy.....

Old 09-30-2008, 02:18 PM
mickdayank
2nd Gear
Back on Track

Yeah you are right...dont highjack the thread with name talk. Here's our beautiful ship pierside. This is probably yesterday since this site is delayed a day.

Attached Thumbnails All Aboard Southern Highway, Departing Southampton Sept. 20-sh.jpg  
Old 09-30-2008, 04:49 PM
flwrgrl
Neutral
Hi guys! I'm so glad that we're on schedule! I must say, I think this next week or so is going to seem longer than the last 8 weeks of waiting....

So, does anyone know how this works? I also noticed that we weren't scheduled in at Charleston - is it possible they aren't filing their paperwork with Charleston until they are through with Baltimore?

BTW: 'Izzie' is in honor of another favorite Brit, Eddie Izzard.

Old 09-30-2008, 05:17 PM
mickdayank
2nd Gear
[quote=flwrgrl;2489452]Hi guys! I'm so glad that we're on schedule! I must say, I think this next week or so is going to seem longer than the last 8 weeks of waiting....

So, does anyone know how this works? I also noticed that we weren't scheduled in at Charleston - is it possible they aren't filing their paperwork with Charleston until they are through with Baltimore?

BTW: 'Izzie' is in honor of another favorite Brit, Eddie Izzard.[/quote

I'll sound like that Glenn Beck guy on TV. Here's what I know...Ive been thru this waiting game before with the Caribbean highway as I was told my girl was on it so I tracked it all the way to Charleston and it came out to be untrue so I have now jumped ship of sorts and am riding the SH one into the port. With the CH, it was on the schedule the whole time. The only thing I got out of it was that I can now spell Caribbean flawlessly! Here's what I dont know...I dont know why the thing isnt on the schedule but I do know that my girl is supposed to be on the SH and that it is supposed to hit port on Oct 2nd. I also know that if you put in Southern Highway on the sailwx.info website, the SH doesnt even exist! I suppose all we can do it wait, hope, and call our MA's on Tuesday! GRRRRRRRR

Old 09-30-2008, 06:10 PM
mdr29
1st Gear
The SH has left Baltimore and is headed to Charleston!

This is the best tracking website I've come across:
http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shi...mmsi=356580000
If you click on the Latitude/Longitude link, it'll bring up a nifty map of her current location.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:03 PM
mickdayank
2nd Gear

If you click on the Latitude/Longitude link, it'll bring up a nifty map of her current location.
Still not showing on Charleston Schedule...weird!

Old 09-30-2008, 07:37 PM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by flwrgrl
Hi guys! I'm so glad that we're on schedule! I must say, I think this next week or so is going to seem longer than the last 8 weeks of waiting....

BTW: 'Izzie' is in honor of another favorite Brit, Eddie Izzard.
Great name flwgrl!
I'm sure that somehow they just missed putting our fine ship on their schedule but there is no way that the port of charleston isn't aware of a boat coming their way in 2 days with 3-4,000 cars on it... I'm sure its fine.

I agree mdr. It wasn't much help at sea but now that we are state side the K Line is trackable.
Kelly,

My wife has heard the name a few times and Bella sounded better than some others. We did not get any input from the family, especially our daughter as no one knows we are getting a Mini.

I like Irish "watering holes" as I have a wee bit (3/4) Irish in me.

Enjoy.....
We started out not telling anyone that we had ordered Finnigan but I was like a kid at Christmas. Normally I am good with secrets... but not this one.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:06 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
I spoke with the Port of Charleston and she couldn't explain why the SH wasn't on their schedule but she dug a little deeper and found the manifest which shows the schedule with all our Mini's listed and she is due into port tomorrow.

She assured me all is well and they will be ready for her when she arrives and wished us luck with our cars. She loves Mini's!

Old 10-01-2008, 08:10 AM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
You know what is frustrating? The Sierra Nevada left Southampton 3 days after the Southern Highway and it isn't due in Charleston until the 10th, 8 days after you guys! that is some bull!

Sigh, at least I am on a boat....hoping for no damage during transit.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:33 AM
mdr29
1st Gear
Originally Posted by kellypgh
I spoke with the Port of Charleston and she couldn't explain why the SH wasn't on their schedule but she dug a little deeper and found the manifest which shows the schedule with all our Mini's listed and she is due into port tomorrow.

She assured me all is well and they will be ready for her when she arrives and wished us luck with our cars. She loves Mini's!
Nice work, Kelly! The SH is now on the Charleston vessel report thanks to you. Scary to think what might've happened had you not called...

Old 10-01-2008, 02:26 PM
mickdayank
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by kellypgh

Kelly, I think I love you and I dont even know you!

Quick Reply: All Aboard Southern Highway, Departing Southampton Sept. 20