1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All Aboard Southern Highway, Departing Southampton Sept. 20

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 02:40 PM
mickdayank
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gettin there!

SH was 50 miles east of Carolina Beach, NC 3 minutes and 50 seconds ago! She's heading 238 degrees at 15.5 knots! It's happy MINI time! Dont know if the link will work or not but here tis.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...ntery=34.05215#

Old 10-01-2008, 03:14 PM
lil_tiger
Neutral
Whoohoo, I'm getting really excited now. Can anyone tell me what TIME she's supposed to dock? The link above says 04:30. I'm assuming that's am, but what time zone? Eastern I would guess.

Also, how long does it take to get to the distribution center? Do you think it's even possible that I could pick my car up on Sat in Nashville, TN?

Old 10-01-2008, 03:47 PM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by mdr29
Nice work, Kelly! The SH is now on the Charleston vessel report thanks to you. Scary to think what might've happened had you not called...
She did seem concerned when I told her I got my info from the K Line website and had me on hold for 3-4 minutes. When she got back on she apologized for the error and said she would see what she could do to fix the error and confirmed what I mentioned in the earlier post. I'm impressed with how quickly they fixed it and more importantly they are ready to start unloading!
Originally Posted by lil_tiger
Whoohoo, I'm getting really excited now. Can anyone tell me what TIME she's supposed to dock? The link above says 04:30. I'm assuming that's am, but what time zone? Eastern I would guess.

Also, how long does it take to get to the distribution center? Do you think it's even possible that I could pick my car up on Sat in Nashville, TN?
Lil tiger- I don't know the exact timing but judging from what is happening on the CH, their boat landed in Charleston on Friday 9/27 and they are beginning to pick up their Mini's at the dealerships starting tomorrow and Tancred is located in Nebraska! So hopefully that means that most of us will be motoring in about a week.

It would probably be expecting too much to pick up this Saturday but if you're close to the dealer, maybe mid week???

Anyone who has add-ons at the VDC or dealership may take a day or two extra. I have a few items being added at the dealership. I'm hoping for next Saturday but tryin' to stay patient... and struggling.

Old 10-01-2008, 03:52 PM
mdr29
1st Gear

lil_tiger,

From what I've read, after our MINIs are unloaded they go to the VDC to get checked out (and repaired, if necessary), which takes a couple of days at least. Then once they've passed inspection, they get loaded onto trucks and driven to area dealerships. Then there's dealer prep time, which might take a day or so. So, I don't think you'd be able to take delivery this Saturday. I'm looking at the 11th myself...

Can anyone with prior experience tell us about it?

Old 10-01-2008, 04:07 PM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
There is also paper work (can't remember the name of it but it isn't the title) that has to be signed off by the owner (us) before the car can be released by the dealer and the paperwork doesn't always arrive to the dealer at the same time as the car.

I found this out one day when I was talking with the manager of the dealership. He said it occasionally will hold things up for a day or so.

Not looking to be pessimistic but throwing it out there so that we are prepared if it happens.

Old 10-01-2008, 04:54 PM
n3mpr
2nd Gear
I talked to one of the head guys at Flow Mini Monday and he said it is possible that it can take 10 - 15 days for the Mini's to get from the ship to the dealer. Of course the farther your dealer is from the Port of Enrty/VDC the longer it may take. I know I am having some items installed so I plan on it taking a little longer.

It will not be long now.

Here's to you Kelly for starting this thread.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:13 PM
jtop
1st Gear
I received a call from my MA and he told me my MINI should get to the dealer next Wednesday or Thursday (10/8 or 10/9) and that I may be able to pick it up that weekend .

Old 10-02-2008, 06:50 AM
flwrgrl
Neutral
When I called my MA to find out what was going on with the shipping and the boat and everything, she told me that I would probably be able to pick it up around the 7th or 8th of October. Of course, that's just an estimate...

I'm in Oklahoma, btw. Smack dab in the middle...

Old 10-02-2008, 06:55 AM
mesomini
1st Gear
Originally Posted by flwrgrl
When I called my MA to find out what was going on with the shipping and the boat and everything, she told me that I would probably be able to pick it up around the 7th or 8th of October. Of course, that's just an estimate...

Holy haberdashery! I'm Smack dab in the middle of the US so maybe I should see mine around the same time! I was thinking more like 10/15 Thanks for starting my day of great!

Mist

Old 10-02-2008, 08:02 AM
mickdayank
2nd Gear
YEEEEEHAAA! Seasickness is over!

The SH is unloading as I peck away at the keys! I am in MS and was told the 7th, give or take a day! I am so excited...Britney and I are going to have such fun!

Old 10-02-2008, 02:17 PM
mickdayank
2nd Gear
All ashore that's going ashore!!!

They are here!

Attached Thumbnails All Aboard Southern Highway, Departing Southampton Sept. 20-sh-in-charleston.jpg  
Old 10-02-2008, 03:23 PM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by n3mpr
I talked to one of the head guys at Flow Mini Monday and he said it is possible that it can take 10 - 15 days for the Mini's to get from the ship to the dealer. Of course the farther your dealer is from the Port of Enrty/VDC the longer it may take. I know I am having some items installed so I plan on it taking a little longer.

It will not be long now.

Here's to you Kelly for starting this thread.
It was my pleasure! You guys have been great shipmates. It looks like our week 37 thread is starting to heat up again too since some of the others have taken delivery already. Its great to see some pictures of some real mini's. I was beginning to think this was all just a dream.

Originally Posted by flwrgrl

That's great news and will be here before you know it.

Old 10-03-2008, 05:12 AM
TyCrox07
2nd Gear
I don't understand this... You guys are getting them so early, and you're so far away, but I'm just in Pitt and they told me the 13th at the very earliest!
Oh well, we'll have them soon enough!

Old 10-03-2008, 10:44 AM
bbmom
1st Gear
I'm on there too I guess

My status didn't change until the other day - but my MA told me I'm due in today or tomorrow and am on board the Southern Highway.

Wow -- suddenly my Blue Bulldog is closer than I think.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:03 AM
lil_tiger
Neutral
I just talked to my MA and Lil' Tiger is scheduled to leave the VDC today and will arrive at my dealership in Nashville late today or over night. Since I have so far to drive, they will start work on my car first thing in the morning and try to have it ready for me by close of buisness tomorrow.

Ya'll have a great weekend, and hopefully my next post will be to show off Lil' Tiger. (Named after my favorite SEC team AUBURN TIGERS!!!!)

Old 10-03-2008, 12:21 PM
bfrance
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just talked to my MA and Lil' Tiger is scheduled to leave the VDC today and will arrive at my dealership in Nashville late today or over night. Since I have so far to drive, they will start work on my car first thing in the morning and try to have it ready for me by close of buisness tomorrow.

Ya'll have a great weekend, and hopefully my next post will be to show off Lil' Tiger. (Named after my favorite SEC team AUBURN TIGERS!!!!)
Congrats!!! We'll be looking for pics for sure!! I got a happy update today too! My MA e-mailed me and stated that I'm in transit to the VDC. We're shooting for delivery next Saturday, the 11th!

-Ben

Last edited by bfrance; 10-03-2008 at 12:23 PM. Reason: added info
Old 10-04-2008, 07:32 PM
TyCrox07
2nd Gear
So Kelly,
I'm wondering, what has Mini of Pitt told you as a pick-up date? They told me the 13th at at the very earliest... Seems a little late to me as they only have to put on stripes, clear bra and mud flaps....

Thanks

Old 10-05-2008, 05:34 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by TyCrox07
So Kelly,
I'm wondering, what has Mini of Pitt told you as a pick-up date? They told me the 13th at at the very earliest... Seems a little late to me as they only have to put on stripes, clear bra and mud flaps....

Thanks
I haven't heard anything, which isn't unusual with MA John. I don't know how back logged they are on deliveries. I would imagine the cars will arrive the early part of this week. It takes them at least 3-4 days for prep and cleaning before they can deliver.

With MoP, I know that the stripes and clear bra are subcontracted, which needs to be scheduled through those companies once the car arrives.

I chose to have the clear bra/invisashield installed after I take delivery because he is also doing my tinting and I got a better deal working directly through him. It isn't convenient but worth the savings.

I'm waiting for a custom graphic for my sunroof to arrive. The dealer told me they would install at no charge but it still hasn't arrived. It finally shipped on Friday night via ups but it needs to arrive and then I have to get it to them to install.

I'm hoping for delivery this Saturday the 11th. Have you talked with Graham since the cars arrived at the VDC?

I was at the dealer last week and Bill the Sales Manager was telling me that they received 32 mini's a few weeks ago which weren't preordered due to MINIusa doing so well, they were offered 500 cars which were initally meant for Europe. MoP was able to get 32. There was still a bunch available. I couldn't believe it-when I ordered, there was not a single car on the lot that was't already sold.

Old 10-05-2008, 08:50 AM
TyCrox07
2nd Gear
I've talked a little to Graham, but all he has told me is that he is unable to track from the boat to VDC. I had emailed him the day they were due at port... But, I'm hoping to hear from him at the beginning of the week with more info. I'm hoping our cars got share a ride from the VDC and that they are waiting at the dealer now! I've been trying to squeeze info out of him because I'm at college and my fall break starts this Friday through the following Wednesday, and I was hoping I wouldn't have to make another trip in to get it, and the few days at home would give me a chance to get used to it ( I bought a manual, and don't have a ton of experience ) before I have to make the hike back to school....

So, I'll keep you posted on anything I hear!
It's getting close!https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ilies/grin.gif

Old 10-06-2008, 07:31 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by TyCrox07
I've talked a little to Graham, but all he has told me is that he is unable to track from the boat to VDC. I had emailed him the day they were due at port... But, I'm hoping to hear from him at the beginning of the week with more info. I'm hoping our cars got share a ride from the VDC and that they are waiting at the dealer now! I've been trying to squeeze info out of him because I'm at college and my fall break starts this Friday through the following Wednesday, and I was hoping I wouldn't have to make another trip in to get it, and the few days at home would give me a chance to get used to it ( I bought a manual, and don't have a ton of experience ) before I have to make the hike back to school....

So, I'll keep you posted on anything I hear!
It's getting close!https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ilies/grin.gif
Still no news on my end either... my concern for this weekend is the fact that there is a big event through PittStop Mini (the local club) which MoP supports and several of the MA's and the Sales Manager are members of. It sure looks like a lot of fun but I hope they don't all decide to go to the event instead of delivering our Mini's!
http://www.pittstopmini.org/ and there has been several mentions on some threads recently here on NAM promoting it.

I wanted to give you a "heads up" on this so you can be proactive and try to get them to nail down a delivery date once we can confirm our cars have arrived at the dealership. Keep me posted...

Old 10-06-2008, 10:48 AM
TyCrox07
2nd Gear
Ok, well i shot an email earlier today, but no word yet... He is probably getting tired of hearing from me! But oh well, He can be rid of me in a week if he tries hard enough! :-P

Old 10-06-2008, 01:53 PM
TyCrox07
2nd Gear
Oh no.. Bad News bears.... My car isn't due at the dealer until Friday. I hope it wasn't damaged on the way over...

Old 10-06-2008, 05:12 PM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Things lagging again for me, too I received word today that I've been sitting at the Port of Charleston until TODAY and just now on my way to the VDC... ugh!

While I attempt to patiently wait...some more, I wanted to throw out a question to my fellow shipmates. Does anyone have an opinion or thought on these extended warranties that Mini/BMW offers? I haven't heard anything from my MA (color me surprised ) and I don't want to get blind sided with hasty decisions the day of delivery. I have heard about extended service and tire/wheel warranties. Any insight as to whether there is a value to these?

I guess it would probably make sense to post to week 37 or even do a search but... I'm too bummed right now.

Last edited by kellypgh; 10-06-2008 at 05:19 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:03 PM
n3mpr
2nd Gear
Kelly,

Hang in there Lady. Finnigan is working his way to you. I have not heard anything at all, I have an email out to my MA so hopefully I will hear something tomorrow.

As far as our question about extended warranties go, I know nothing about the Mini program. So I am interested in finding out about it also.

Keep that Irish chin up.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:35 PM
flwrgrl
Neutral
Hey guys... So, my MA called today and said that I'm back on a ship. According to the computer, the Southern Highway will dock on the 7th and unload my car. She said when she left Saturday, the computer told her he was on the way to the dealership. We talked about tracking and schedules and such. Here's hoping it's a glitch. Otherwise...

... I have a rogue mystery car.

He's zooming around somewhere, hacking into computers, and making his whereabouts hazy so that he can go out and have some fun before coming to Oklahoma. Can't say as I blame him, but... He should at least call!

Quick Reply: All Aboard Southern Highway, Departing Southampton Sept. 20