1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All Aboard Southern Highway, Departing Southampton Sept. 20

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 04:11 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by n3mpr
Kelly,

Hang in there Lady. Finnigan is working his way to you. I have not heard anything at all, I have an email out to my MA so hopefully I will hear something tomorrow.

As far as our question about extended warranties go, I know nothing about the Mini program. So I am interested in finding out about it also.

Keep that Irish chin up.
I was having a low moment last night. There is definitely something weird going on. Maybe it has something to do with the log jam of MINI's finally all coming through at once with the new 09 production. My MA said that there were a lot of cars which came through at once and possibly the VDC/port couldn't process everything at once.

I was counting on picking Finnigan up this weekend but he comes to me when he's ready. Thanks for the "pick me up" Greg! You're the best!

At my age, you would think I have already learned a lesson in patience!
Originally Posted by flwrgrl
Hey guys... So, my MA called today and said that I'm back on a ship. According to the computer, the Southern Highway will dock on the 7th and unload my car. She said when she left Saturday, the computer told her he was on the way to the dealership. We talked about tracking and schedules and such. Here's hoping it's a glitch. Otherwise...

... I have a rogue mystery car.

He's zooming around somewhere, hacking into computers, and making his whereabouts hazy so that he can go out and have some fun before coming to Oklahoma. Can't say as I blame him, but... He should at least call!
That is an even more bizarre answer than the one I received flwrgrl! There is clearly some major glitches going on with Mini's tracking system/owners lounge.

Our four-wheeled boys and girls are out having fun reeking havok... somewhere! Hopefully they'll get it out of their system and come home soon.

Old 10-07-2008, 07:21 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Okay kids, here's what I have found out about the extended warranties offered through the dealer. Keep in mind, this is specific to my dealer, so it may vary with your particular dealer. Additionally I found a thread on this topic which is filled with opinions.
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=147811

Factory Warranty is 4 yrs/50 K miles. The extended warranty is 6 yrs/100 K for an additional $2500. If you don't file a claim during the last 2 yrs/50 K miles, you will receive a refund of $2450. (The peace of mind coverage is basically $50 if you don't have any major problems, and if you do, it may have been worth it) I don't have the details of what is included/excluded in the coverage but the extended warranty covers everything the factory warranty covers. It is also transferrable upon sale of vehicle, thus increasing resale value. There is rental car and travel coverage included.

The factory maintenance is 3 yrs/36 K miles. The extended warranty for maintenance is 6 yrs/ ? miles (sorry, I missed it but I think it might be 100 K also) and the cost is $2200. There was no mention as to whether it is transferrable or not. This covers brakes, oil changes, windshield wiper replacement, belts, hoses, tune-ups etc. but I believe everything is on Mini's time frame per scheduled maintenance.

Tire/Wheel Protection is $370 and covers replacement of tires and wheels for 3 years. Supposedly you cannot plug a run flat, the tire needs to be replaced each time. There are lots of posts saying otherwise here however. The finance manager says it is a very popular plan due the unbelievable amount of potholes we have in Pittsburgh. I'm probably going to upgrade to new wheels/tires in the spring, so I'll probably pass on this one.

There it is... sorry I don't have more detailed info. As I mentioned, this could vary greatly from dealer to dealer.

I personally like additional insurance, its like putting up a force field so that nothing goes wrong. My husband is the opposite. Not sure what we're doing yet, but if anyone has any insight as to whether there is a value to any of these, I'm interested in any dialogue.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:04 PM
n3mpr
2nd Gear
Kelly,

Great info. Thanks.

My OL page updated today and shows Bella at the Distribution Center. MA says it should be at the dealer in the next fews days.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:23 PM
mickdayank
2nd Gear
Kelly,

Great info. Thanks.

My OL page updated today and shows Bella at the Distribution Center. MA says it should be at the dealer in the next fews days.
Might want to call your MA. Mine said the same thing today and then at 2pm I got a call saying that Britney had arrived and I could pick her up tomorrow. I dont think I will sleep tonight!

Old 10-08-2008, 06:40 PM
jtop
1st Gear
Mine has arrived at the dealer as well Picking it up first thing Saturday morning! Definitely call your MA, your Minis should be arriving soon

Old 10-09-2008, 08:17 AM
bbmom
1st Gear
Mine just showed up as at DC. I'm waiting patiently for that call. It would be wonderful to have it this weekend.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:40 AM
mdr29
1st Gear
Originally Posted by bbmom
Mine just showed up as at DC. I'm waiting patiently for that call. It would be wonderful to have it this weekend.
Although I should know better than to trust the OL, my Clubman is also showing up as being at the VDC, with an estimated delivery date of today! I've already set up an appointment at the dealership for first thing Saturday morning, so hopefully the OL is correct for a change...

Congratulations to everyone who has taken delivery of their MINIs already and to those who will be united with theirs soon!

Old 10-09-2008, 09:09 AM
TyCrox07
2nd Gear
Mick, you're pretty lucky! Mine arrived at the dealer yesterday, and they're saying no way before next week....

Old 10-09-2008, 02:35 PM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by TyCrox07
Mick, you're pretty lucky! Mine arrived at the dealer yesterday, and they're saying no way before next week....
Tyler,
The owners lounge updated today that I'm at the VDC with estimated arrival to MoP on 10/11(Sat)... still haven't heard from my MA yet and I'm sittin' on my hands so that I don't pick up the phone and call him to find out if it is acurate and when I can expect to p/u.
The good news is that my custom graphic for the sunroof finally arrived from Cooper Flags so I can get it to the dealership and they can install for me before I take delivery.
After hearing what the Dow did today, Finnigan better get here soon before I run scared the other way... what's happening on Wall St. and the world market is some crazy stuff.

Old 10-09-2008, 02:40 PM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Kelly,

Great info. Thanks.

That's great news Greg! Did it also say the expected delivery to the dealership?

Originally Posted by mickdayank
Might want to call your MA. Mine said the same thing today and then at 2pm I got a call saying that Britney had arrived and I could pick her up tomorrow. I dont think I will sleep tonight!
Good luck Mick! I'm sure Britney will be everything you expected and more!

Old 10-09-2008, 03:35 PM
n3mpr
2nd Gear
Kelly,

The OL says my Estimated Delivery Date is 10/9/2008. Wow that is today. I guess I will be calling Flow Mini tomorrow to see if I can pickit up on Saturday. If not, it will have to be Sat the 18th.

Old 10-09-2008, 03:46 PM
n3mpr
2nd Gear
Kelly,

Did you get my PM answering your question?

Old 10-09-2008, 07:58 PM
mickdayank
2nd Gear
NOW I cant sleep!

I got her! and I want to go sleep in the garage beside her now. Posted details of things I noticed and my buying experience in the Mellow Yellow owners club thread if anyone cares. I absolutely love the car and love the color. I have not seen a MY where I live and the MA said he cant remember selling one actually. It is a good rich vibrant color, not that pasty Liquid Yellow of old. Toodles!

Old 10-10-2008, 05:33 AM
n3mpr
2nd Gear
mickdayank,

Congrats on getting the car. Sleeping in the garage is better than falling asleep at the wheel.

Good Luck and have fun

Old 10-10-2008, 05:55 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Kelly,

The OL says my Estimated Delivery Date is 10/9/2008. Wow that is today. I guess I will be calling Flow Mini tomorrow to see if I can pickit up on Saturday. If not, it will have to be Sat the 18th.
Let us know what you find out when you talk with your MA. My status was moved up to expected delivery to dealership to TODAY! I have a call into them but I'll probably have to pester them to get an answer. At this point, I'm hoping for delivery early next week but I may have to go check him out tomorrow.

Kelly,

Did you get my PM answering your question?
I did-but you know that by now...sorry for the delay.

Old 10-10-2008, 09:37 AM
bbmom
1st Gear
The OL said delivery date of 10/11 as of 2 days ago, but when I checked today it said 10/9. I have a call into my MA - but haven't heard yet. I'd like to go get BB tomorrow if she's ready. Its too hard for me to go on a week night....

Old 10-10-2008, 10:33 AM
bbmom
1st Gear
Picking BB up tomorrow!!!!

My hubby teasing me and saying maybe we'll get it. I told him I'd call a Taxi and go get it by myself if I have to. Even if I never drove a stick outside of a parking lot -- going to bring BB home!!!

Old 10-10-2008, 01:11 PM
n3mpr
2nd Gear
Kelly,

My MA was off yesterday and guess what is now at the dealer. YEA...

He is going to send pictures as I will not be able to go down and get her until next Saturday. It is tough when work gets in the wat of play.

Have you heard anything else?

bbmom - haven't you heard the old saying "If Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy"? Good luck getting BB. Learning to drive a stick on a new car is great because the transmission is under warranty. Have Fun.

Old 10-10-2008, 01:31 PM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Greg, that is great news. Bella and Finnigan have been hangin' side by side through this whole process. Hubby and I are going down tomorrow to check him out and take the graphic for sunroof to them for install. We are hoping for Tuesday delivery but it's not confirmed and its going to be tough for my husband to make it in time (he works in Wheeling).

You estimated next Saturday and it looks like that's what it will be but that was really nice of your MA to offer to send a pic.

BB- I just got the most hilarious image of you pulling out of the lot yourself- you go girl! I hear Mini's are easy to learn to drive a manual tranny on. You'll do just fine. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Old 10-10-2008, 02:06 PM
bbmom
1st Gear
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. My MA just called. She knew they got 10 cars in yesterday, but didn't know they had gotten 20 in on Wednesday (BMW and Minis at same dealer). They didn't get my baby done. Awful weekend now.

My hubby can't go with me to pick her up until Wednesday now. I can't take off work to go.

My MA offered to pick me up -- but my hubby wouldn't want me to go without him.

Singing the blues........................

Old 10-10-2008, 03:57 PM
n3mpr
2nd Gear
Kelly,

I posted one of the pictures in my gallery. Have fun tomorrow seeing Finnigan.

Old 10-10-2008, 04:48 PM
mickdayank
2nd Gear
Happy as a pig in mud

Got Brittany some new sunglasses today (tinting), lung transplant (Alta CAI, Boost Tubes, Turbo Inlet hose), and her first bath which she thoroughly enjoyed. This girls really pulls now! Pics in my gallery. I havent found ANYTHING yet that I dont like about this car!

Old 11-06-2008, 11:15 AM
n3mpr
2nd Gear
Has everyone received your Mini? If you did not check at delivery, check your tool kit and make sure everything is there. there was a problem with some September builds not getting everything. If you do not have everything get with your MA and they should order a replacement.