1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All Aboard Southern Highway, Departing Southampton Sept. 20

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 09:27 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All Aboard Southern Highway, Departing Southampton Sept. 20

Finally... its official! The Southern Highway departed last Friday 9/20 and I received the official word from my MA that my Mini is onboard enjoying cool ocean breezes and umbrella drinks on deck- yeaaaaaaaay!

Old 09-23-2008, 10:05 AM
bfrance
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Me too! I just found out from my MA today that mine is on the Southern Highway as well! I was given an estimated arrival date of 10/2/08 at the VDC.

I can't wait for it to get here, it's driving me crazy!!!!!

-Ben

Last edited by bfrance; 09-23-2008 at 10:08 AM. Reason: I'z kint spel....*lol*
Old 09-23-2008, 10:14 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Hey Ben- Congrats! I sure hope more of our buddies in week 37 and 38 find out that they are on the SH. Everybody is getting so stressed out sitting on the dock with no updates.

Just think, we have been at sea since Friday evening (our time). I was watching her pull out on the AIS website hoping I was aboard and it turns out I was! ... well my MINI anyway.

At least we know there are 2 purdy blue MINI's a little closer to home!

Last edited by kellypgh; 09-23-2008 at 11:11 AM.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:28 AM
jtop
1st Gear
I'm on as well!

My MINI had been sitting at the port for 2 weeks and I could not get any helpful info from my MA so I ended up calling K-Line myself and found out my VIN was on the Southern Hwy!

Old 09-23-2008, 11:35 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by jtop
I'm on as well!

My MINI had been sitting at the port for 2 weeks and I could not get any helpful info from my MA so I ended up calling K-Line myself and found out my VIN was on the Southern Hwy!
That's great news! Actually that's how I found out too but I was afraid to start this thread and find out I was given misinformation. I called K-Line at the Charleston port and they searched my VIN specifically for the SH and said it was listed.

Where are you located and what's your Mini look like?

Welcome aboard and to NAM!

Old 09-23-2008, 12:25 PM
jtop
1st Gear
Originally Posted by kellypgh
That's great news! Actually that's how I found out too but I was afraid to start this thread and find out I was given misinformation. I called K-Line at the Charleston port and they searched my VIN specifically for the SH and said it was listed.

Where are you located and what's your Mini look like?

Welcome aboard and to NAM!
Thanks! Been lurking NAM for a while and finally decided to join.

I'm in Texas, should be coming through the Charleston port as well.

I ordered a Pepper White with color matching roof and red rooster color line, convienence package, sport suspension, LSD and xenons. I'm excited

Old 09-23-2008, 02:24 PM
TyCrox07
2nd Gear
Nice wager Kelly! I too am on the Southern Highway!

Old 09-23-2008, 02:58 PM
Miki
2nd Gear
Alright! I'm on the Southern Highway too!!!

Old 09-23-2008, 03:50 PM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Yeaaaayyy for Tyler and Miki, the boat's not feeling so empty now! And here she is:

I've been following the Patriot's tracking since we can't follow the SH. The SH left an hour or so before The Patriot.
If anyone is interested, here's the link for the Patriot:
http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shi...html?call=WQVY

Old 09-24-2008, 09:05 AM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
Kelly, what number did you call to talk to the K-line about your VIN? My MA is not getting any info right now and I need to know something!

Old 09-24-2008, 10:29 AM
lil_tiger
Neutral
Jumping in to say "hi" I just found out that I'm on the Southern Highway as well. Here's hoping for smooth sailing. I can't wait to toast ya'll on the 2nd when she arrives.

Tracey
Lil'Tiger: MC Lightening blue w/white top, bonnet strips and mirrors. Convience pkg, chrome lined with piano black, arm rest, fog lights, spoiler

Old 09-24-2008, 11:11 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by jakeryanitc
Kelly, what number did you call to talk to the K-line about your VIN? My MA is not getting any info right now and I need to know something!
Here's the number that I called. I did get transferred once or twice. Basically let them know that you are trying to track a car via a VIN # on a K Line car carrier:

866-233-6875

Good luck to you Jake!

Old 09-24-2008, 11:17 AM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
I called that number and got the old "BMW ships in bulk and we need a Bill of Lading number" bit. I tried to explain that I knew the boat that needed to be searched, but no transfer was made...sigh.

Old 09-24-2008, 04:29 PM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
I called that number and got the old "BMW ships in bulk and we need a Bill of Lading number" bit. I tried to explain that I knew the boat that needed to be searched, but no transfer was made...sigh.
That stinks! I could tell that it wasn't a normal request and they couldn't definitely confirm with me but I got more than you did... sorry 'bout that.

When I talked with my MA 2 days ago, he gave me my bill of lading # and I asked him if I needed it for something. He said no, I'm just giving you all the details I have.

I wonder if you MA can confirm that for you. They probably would know what ship you're on if they have the bill of lading but its worth a try.

I'd call again tomorrow and maybe you will get someone more helpful.

Old 09-25-2008, 07:23 AM
flwrgrl
Neutral
Me too! Me too!!

Hello all. On the Southern Highway as well...

My MA didn't know till yesterday that he was even ON a boat, much less the name. She could only tell me it was boarded on the 20th, and lands in NC on the 2nd... I pieced together which ship it must be based on the fact that WW has no record of my existence, and K-Line had a ship that met those characteristics...

Happy Sailing!

Old 09-25-2008, 07:29 AM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by lil_tiger
Jumping in to say "hi" I just found out that I'm on the Southern Highway as well. Here's hoping for smooth sailing. I can't wait to toast ya'll on the 2nd when she arrives.

Tracey
Lil'Tiger: MC Lightening blue w/white top, bonnet strips and mirrors. Convience pkg, chrome lined with piano black, arm rest, fog lights, spoiler
Originally Posted by flwrgrl
Hello all. On the Southern Highway as well...

My MA didn't know till yesterday that he was even ON a boat, much less the name. She could only tell me it was boarded on the 20th, and lands in NC on the 2nd... I pieced together which ship it must be based on the fact that WW has no record of my existence, and K-Line had a ship that met those characteristics...

Happy Sailing!
Tracy & flwrgrl- welcome aboard the SH thread! We are sloooooowly finding out who's aboard our mystery ship but at least we are on our way.

flwrgrl- what's your mini look like?

Old 09-25-2008, 07:46 AM
flwrgrl
Neutral
flwrgrl- what's your mini look like?
He's a Cooper hardtop, Oxygen Blue with white top and white bonnet stripes, automatic, convenience and cold weather packages. The rest is all standard. You might get all of this twice, because I discovered the signature thingy right after my last post...

This is my first mini, and my husband keeps telling me that I'm not very good at the waiting...

Old 09-25-2008, 11:26 AM
moe-jiller
3rd Gear
Finally... its official! The Southern Highway departed last Friday 9/20 and I received the official word from my MA that my Mini is onboard enjoying cool ocean breezes and umbrella drinks on deck- yeaaaaaaaay!
Me too - just verified on the Southern Highway. Mine is a R55s PW/PW =. I guess I can order that Texas Flag for the sun roof now it is really on it's way.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:33 AM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
Well I found out today I am on Sierra Nevada Highway. At least I know I am on a boat! I better go start that thread! Thanks for the help Kelly.

Old 09-25-2008, 12:26 PM
kellypgh
3rd Gear
Well I found out today I am on Sierra Nevada Highway. At least I know I am on a boat! I better go start that thread! Thanks for the help Kelly.
That's great news Jake! So, how did you find out- did your MA finally get some info or was K Line able to confirm via your VIN?

Its so much easier once you know what ship you are aboard. Hopefully you will have some boat buddies soon, Capt!

Old 09-25-2008, 03:44 PM
jakeryanitc
2nd Gear
I actually got a private message sent to me from NAM that was from another MA at Baron, and then that was confirmed by the sales manager and finally by my MA. K-line was no help.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:39 PM
mesomini
1st Gear
Hi Ya'll, you've gotta new Mate on board! My little 'ol MINI is on the SH with you!! Just sayin' hello.

Old 09-26-2008, 07:38 AM
robdufrene
Neutral
Hey Gang,
I am almost certain that I am on SH with you guys. Do you see a 2009 BRG/ black top and mirrors, chrome lined and english oak interior on board? I am waiting for my MA to confirm but I think i have pieced together the details to know that I am with you guys.

No vin info on WW, but my mini (named Equity, see below for name info) has been built since Sept 17.

congrats everyone on there new additions.

RD

Equity got his name after I totalled his brother 'Numb3rs'. I am an accountant and work with numbers so I name my first mini Numb3rs. When I totalled him, had him for 11 months, the insurance paid me more for him than I actually paid for him 11 months earlier...no lie....I told my friends...now that is what i call equity.......HEY, thats my new name LOL

Old 09-26-2008, 04:34 PM
bstaps
1st Gear
Originally Posted by jtop

I'm in Texas, should be coming through the Charleston port as well.

:
I'm in Texas as well. Do you know how long it will take for our cars to get over here after getting off the boat? My MA is a little foggy.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:58 AM
jtop
1st Gear
Originally Posted by bstaps
I'm in Texas as well. Do you know how long it will take for our cars to get over here after getting off the boat? My MA is a little foggy.
I know a couple who ordered an 08 and received it a few weeks ago. I think they said it took about a week for theirs to get from the VDC to the dealer. I'm from Dallas, where are you located?

Quick Reply: All Aboard Southern Highway, Departing Southampton Sept. 20