1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So my wife finally named her MINI

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 05:28 PM
Analogeezer
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So my wife finally named her MINI

One of the things I get a kick out of here is how obsessed you people are (but hey that's a good thing), you actually make the people on miata.net look rational

Anyway one thing that seems to be extremely common is for people here to name their cars, many people name their cars when they have ordered them or BEFORE they arrive....FWIW I have never named any of my cars.

So we ordered my wife's MINI back in mid-August, she doesn't hang out here but I give her news and updates on the car and goings on here, she thought it was cute and humorous that people actually name their cars.....

So last week I call her in the afternoon and she tells me "I've come up with a name for the car".

I'm thinking WTH? I didn't think she was into naming cars, but I figured OK it's her car whatever she's happy with.

So she says "do you want to know what I want to call the car?", so I of course say "sure".

So she tells me, "whenever you refer to the car to someone else I want you to call it MY WIFE'S CAR"

Well it's not cutesy and doesn't exactly roll off the tongue but hey it's her name and her choice.....

Analogeezer

Old 09-23-2008, 07:40 PM
sbaker
3rd Gear
Old 09-23-2008, 08:07 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sbaker
+1 (My Husband even got a Laugh out of that one!!)

Old 09-23-2008, 08:21 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's pretty good!!! Tell your wife we don't bite and to come hang out with us too...

Donna

Old 09-24-2008, 04:35 AM
Red Dragoon
6th Gear
"My Wife's Car" is a cool name, and is it her way of saying your time in her MINI will be limited? Wouldn't be the first time that happened, nor will it be the last. She should drop in on NAM now and again, somehow I think she'd fit right in.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:34 AM
Analogeezer
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Red Dragoon
"My Wife's Car" is a cool name, and is it her way of saying your time in her MINI will be limited? Wouldn't be the first time that happened, nor will it be the last. She should drop in on NAM now and again, somehow I think she'd fit right in.
Well I've got a Mazdaspeed (factory turbocharged model made in 2004 and 2005) Miata and a lightly modified Integra so it's not like I don't have fun stuff to drive.

She actually does not drive much at all so if we go anywhere together I will be driving the MINI anyway.

I suspect it will be mainly a garage queen (I'm figuring on less than 4,000 miles a year) because we have other cars that I drive and a "family car" too.

Of course I also thought I'd only drive my Miata 4,000 miles a year and I drive it 10,000 - 11,000 per year, even with two other cars to drive.

It's her first car that SHE ACTUALLY WANTED AND PICKED OUT, so it's kind of important to her. All of her other cars have been "hand me downs", great deals from a relative or neighbor, or a low cost/great deal. She has owned one new car in her life but that was a 1984 Plymouth Horizon (with an AM radio and no A/C) she bought as a leftover in 1985. Great car in terms of relliability but not that fun of a car).

Analogeezer