1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All aboard the Western Highway! Departing Southampton October 3

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 12:34 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm with you Jenan...seems like since we sat the extra two weeks in England they would be trying to make up time...ugh!

Old 10-15-2008, 12:59 PM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
Just think Doo, if we had managed to hop that ship on the 23rd, we'd be motoring right now instead of sitting in front of a computer screen.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:13 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
I'm SO ready! All of a sudden I'm nervous about what I ordered...I'm second guessing everything. I had an 08 S CR/W that I loved and as you may know it got taken out by a big mean Infiniti. I ordered a PW/PW (2nd guessing not getting a black roof) Clubman (never driven one...hope it handles as well as the Coupe)...ordered a non-S car (obvious reasons)...hope it has some zip-tang in it's spirit. God help me. I've already got a shaved head or I'd be worried about losing hair...lol

Old 10-15-2008, 04:22 PM
Eoff
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by DooBahDoo
I'm SO ready! All of a sudden I'm nervous about what I ordered...I'm second guessing everything. I had an 08 S CR/W that I loved and as you may know it got taken out by a big mean Infiniti. I ordered a PW/PW (2nd guessing not getting a black roof) Clubman (never driven one...hope it handles as well as the Coupe)...ordered a non-S car (obvious reasons)...hope it has some zip-tang in it's spirit. God help me. I've already got a shaved head or I'd be worried about losing hair...lol
I think PW/PW will look sharp! And the rear pillars will be black I assume? I'm not a fan of the black roofs. On some colors they look very nice, but they're too hot in the summer.

Also, after test driving the S, I knew I needed a regular Coop. I can't imagine how many tickets I would rack up in an S. Tons of fun, but I would lose my license.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:38 AM
Davidson
1st Gear
ok so I'm starting to think that even this radar system is not entirely accurate... why the heck would WH be still in Chesapeake Bay since yesterday? Full steam ahead cap'n!

I hope she shows up far south along the coast later today =/

Old 10-16-2008, 10:28 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Eoff, thanks for the words of encouragement. I think I'm having cold-feet and the longer it takes the more time I have to second guess myself. The c-pillars are black. I was thinking that if it looks too plain I may have to add sport-stripes...but not sure. Hopefully we'll all be settled into our new rides by the end of next weekend (10/26). Hope everyone will keep updating progress as it happens. I'm anxious to see pics of everyone's car. Thanks again.

Old 10-16-2008, 11:10 AM
wurking_girl
2nd Gear
I agree about the second-guessing...I'm sure it will all end when we finally get behind our respective wheels!

At long last, our west Michigan dealership has it's grand opening tonight! Hopefully they will have some MINIs to drool over, in addition to the food, dancing and other trivial stuff... They were supposed to have about 70 MINIs passing thru the door over the last couple of weeks, most preconfigured 2008s but I think the first wave of 2009s as well. Maybe I'll actually get to see what Lightning Blue looks like... Hopefully as good as the pics I've seen, as it's far too late to change my mind!

Doo - I did get to drive a PW Clubman before I ordered, as well as a Coupe, and you're going to love it! Both were equally fun and I really didn't notice any difference at all in handling.

Old 10-16-2008, 11:30 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Sounds like quite the party. MINI of Nashville (my dealer) is having their homecoming weekend 10/25 which is a fun, catered afair with prizes for cleanest, coolest, blah blah blah. I hope I have my car by then! I LOVE lightning Blue...it's worth the extra cost. I know it's just last minute jitters. I'm not known for being patient.

Old 10-16-2008, 01:35 PM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
No word yet? Is the WH still supposed to dock tomorrow?

Old 10-16-2008, 02:23 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
My MA didn't show any change in eta to VPC but the K-Line web schedule did change from 10/16 to 10/17. Sure is frustrating for us left-behinders...feels like we've been left behind again.

Old 10-16-2008, 03:06 PM
wurking_girl
2nd Gear
From the map, looked like lots of ships in Baltimore - maybe a delay there made us lose our spot getting into Charleston??

Old 10-16-2008, 04:27 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Not knowing what's going on s-u-c-k-s...but I keep telling myself we'll all have our cars in another week or so. Fingers crossed.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:27 AM
kjrhammer
1st Gear
It looks like the Western Highway made it to Charleston!
http://www.charlestonpilots.com/aisLive.aspx

The Port of Charleston Website isn't showing that it's docked yet, though:
http://www.scspa.com/vessel_schedule.asp

Old 10-17-2008, 04:30 AM
kjrhammer
1st Gear
Nevermind, I apparently can't read. It IS docked in Charleston!! It says the work start time is 7:00.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:59 AM
Lil Blue Coop/Mini Rose
5th Gear
Finally, we may have Mini Rose home by the end of next week.

Old 10-17-2008, 05:01 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
kjr - No need to apologize...it's the anxiety of the waiting.
Our babies are rolling off that boat and will soon be rolling right into our hot little hands. Every little step feels so good.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:57 AM
wurking_girl
2nd Gear
Woo hoo! My MA said that delivery from the VDC has been very prompt to our local dealership so far, so I'm optimistic that another week should do it! Get those cameras ready, everyone...

Don & Rosemary, did you have Cooperation do your signature for you, or did you create it yourself from the pre-existing art? It's really nice...love those 'Cars'-style MINIs...

Old 10-17-2008, 09:17 PM
Eoff
2nd Gear
So what are we thinking about timing here?
2 days to get to VDC? Sun?
2 days for processing? Tue?
3 days for shipment to dealer? Fri?
Just curious what everybody's predictions/estimations are.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:17 PM
Davidson
1st Gear
my MA said it takes a day to get to the VDC, a day or so at the VDC, and 3 days to get to them. I'm HOPING for a 10/23 pickup for me

hey WG, where is the pre-existing car art you mentioned? Are you just talking about all the examples that Cooperation has posted in that thread, or are there blank (un-colored) ones somewhere? Oh, and... my camera is waiting in my current car for the day I go up there to trade it in for Jarvis!

Old 10-18-2008, 05:35 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
My P/U is MINI of Nashville and MA told me should be as follows:

10/17 disembark to VDC
2-days to inspect & load out
at

Old 10-18-2008, 05:37 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Sorry...something posted me before I was done...

1-day transit & same day clean-up

This is best case scenario - p/u 10/21 or 10/22. I've got my camera in my current car as well just ready to take pics.

Anyone know where I can get a cool coopertoon of a PW/PW Clubman? Would appreciate it. They're too cool. Good luck everyone! Our cars should be on dry land now.

Old 10-18-2008, 06:24 AM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
Does the VDC work weekends? I've gotten mixed messages.

Old 10-18-2008, 06:32 AM
Lil Blue Coop/Mini Rose
5th Gear
Don & Rosemary, did you have Cooperation do your signature for you, or did you create it yourself from the pre-existing art? It's really nice...love those 'Cars'-style MINIs...
I took the 2 cars from Cooperations page of cars and did some touch ups to both and then added the text.

I had heard that the SC VDC works 7 days a week. Here in NC I hope to have Mini Rose by 10/24. The dealer is going to install sport stripes and a clear bra.

Old 10-18-2008, 08:29 AM
wurking_girl
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by DooBahDoo
Anyone know where I can get a cool coopertoon of a PW/PW Clubman? Would appreciate it. They're too cool.
I haven't tried this, but I've heard that you can download the large graphic that has ALL Cooperation's Cars MINIs and then edit that with a graphics editor to get 'your car'. If you're not too particular, there might be one that's just perfect for you in there already!

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=71003

I'm just planning on having my MINI by next weekend...that way I *hope* I won't be disappointed!

BTW, I tried to have my MA cancel my bonnet stripes so I could go custom, but he told me that is something that they actually do at the manufacturer so I was too late to stop it. Sounds like that's a different story from what you are hearing? Or was that because you didn't order the sport stripes right from the start?

Old 10-18-2008, 09:29 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Thanks. I'm not that much of a computer guru but will try to figure it out. What an awesome imagination to create such fun & really great art. Too cool. You did really good Don.

Quick Reply: All aboard the Western Highway! Departing Southampton October 3