1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All aboard the Western Highway! Departing Southampton October 3

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 10:09 AM
JBMJBM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My MA said my car was at the VDC/VPC and said it takes 3 days to Houston after a couple of days at the VDC/VCP. Hopefully by end of the week or 1st of next week. Cannot wait!

Old 10-20-2008, 10:53 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
JBM, you must have hopped a train quicker than my little guy. Good luck to you. With all the delays I'm going to plan on Halloween and act surprised if it happens sooner...

Old 10-20-2008, 12:10 PM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
I'm not even going to ask. Maybe. I'll just wait for the call. Probably. Problem is, I have to drive to Dallas to get it. Definitely. It does take some planning.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:48 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
It's frustrating but hopefully we have a smooth delivery/paperwork/transaction and a problem free vehicle and fun drive home. I just pray we all are motoring and the frustrations are a distant memory VERY soon Jen.

Old 10-20-2008, 01:30 PM
brendily
Neutral
Is it just me or does it seem like the wait is getting harder?

The past 7 weeks were difficult at time but now it's intense!

Old 10-20-2008, 01:43 PM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
I think it may be worse because we are the last of the bunch. I suppose somebody has to be last, but it just doesn't seem fair.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:36 PM
Lil Blue Coop/Mini Rose
5th Gear
Lil Blue Coop is scheduled for production completion 10/24 so we get to start the process all over again.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:13 PM
JBMJBM
1st Gear
Train

Originally Posted by DooBahDoo
JBM, you must have hopped a train quicker than my little guy. Good luck to you. With all the delays I'm going to plan on Halloween and act surprised if it happens sooner...
or my MA could just be telling me that knowing it is on the way and to make me quit asking!

Old 10-20-2008, 05:20 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
I think the almost two weeks sitting at the port in England were the worst. And then the cruise seemed to go pretty well because we had the cool maps to watch the ship's progress. But then the ship got delayed into Charleston by a day...whatever with that? Now I think my poor car is missing trains from the port to the VPC...Ugh! My goodness it's a frustrating process! I hope we all get our cars by the end of the week but I'm not holding my breath. I'm pretty sure if anyone is last it will be my poor, plain, little white clubman.

Old 10-20-2008, 06:23 PM
Lil Blue Coop/Mini Rose
5th Gear
Originally Posted by DooBahDoo
I think the almost two weeks sitting at the port in England were the worst. And then the cruise seemed to go pretty well because we had the cool maps to watch the ship's progress. But then the ship got delayed into Charleston by a day...whatever with that? Now I think my poor car is missing trains from the port to the VPC...Ugh! My goodness it's a frustrating process! I hope we all get our cars by the end of the week but I'm not holding my breath. I'm pretty sure if anyone is last it will be my poor, plain, little white clubman.
I am sure you were on the same train and almost done at the VDC. You will be getting that call any day.

Old 10-20-2008, 08:07 PM
Eoff
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by JBMJBM
My MA said my car was at the VDC/VPC and said it takes 3 days to Houston after a couple of days at the VDC/VCP. Hopefully by end of the week or 1st of next week. Cannot wait!
The web site and 866-ASK-MINI both still say 'in transit' (en route). I'm putting my faith in your MA that our MINIs are at the VDC. Assuming no problems, they should head out on trucks by Wednesday? I'm about 200 miles west of DooBahDoo in Memphis, so I'm hoping for a Saturday pickup.

I'll deal with early next week I suppose.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:33 PM
Davidson
1st Gear
Originally Posted by JBMJBM
mine said that my car just got to the VDC today (Monday) and that it prolly won't be in Houston till early next week as well

WTF were they doing over the weekend if the boat dropped our cars off on the 17th!!!!

Old 10-21-2008, 04:47 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
It was fun to build this car on-line and stuff but I think I liked it better when I drove up to the dealership last January. They had a lot full of cars in several different configurations and price ranges. All you had to do was pick one out, test drive it , pay for it, and drive away.
I'll let you know if I change my mind after this experience is over. I'm sick of popcorn... I have to say it's been fun bonding with my extended MINI family. I love you guys and wouldn't trade that part of it. Good luck everyone and Happy Motoring by Halloween!

Old 10-21-2008, 05:53 AM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Davidson
WTF were they doing over the weekend if the boat dropped our cars off on the 17th!!!!
I was wondering that myself.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:13 AM
Lil Blue Coop/Mini Rose
5th Gear
Maybe the Mini's needed a break before they hit the road again. All that partying on the cruise tired them out.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:19 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
All I'm going to say is if my MINI gets left behind at redlights the way it has through the birth canal it's not going to last long in my garage.

Old 10-21-2008, 03:26 PM
brendily
Neutral
Jen,

My MA called me today, said that my MINI should be getting there on Thursday or Friday. He is said I would for sure have it by Wednesday of next week. Hope this helps.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:02 PM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
YAY Brendily! Wonder why you won't see it till Wednesday, though. Are they adding stuff at the dealer's? I'll email Ben tonight and see what he has to say. Even though I said I wouldn't. The addiction continues.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:05 PM
JBMJBM
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Jenanhill
I was wondering that myself.
They were out driving their MINIs!!!

Old 10-21-2008, 06:05 PM
JBMJBM
1st Gear
?

Originally Posted by brendily
Jen,

My MA called me today, said that my MINI should be getting there on Thursday or Friday. He is said I would for sure have it by Wednesday of next week. Hope this helps.
Why do they get your car on Friday and you can't get it tell Wednesday? Are they adding some options for you?

Old 10-21-2008, 06:51 PM
wurking_girl
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by brendily
Jen,

What?? This can't be right... Your MA called YOU?! Mine answers my emails, and sometimes my phone calls, but he's never actually initiated contact since I gave him my deposit!

I have vowed not to check the OL again. I can't bear to see one more time that my MINI is 'en route'!! I have been frittering away my time looking for interesting designer bonnet stripes instead...

Sigh. But I can't stay away from this thread! I guess misery really does love company... I'm sorry that what we have in common now is more waiting, but you guys have made the wait much more bearable. And soon we'll all be able to compare motoring notes, right??! Right??!

Old 10-21-2008, 06:58 PM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
Right! Sooooooooooon!

Old 10-21-2008, 06:59 PM
Eoff
2nd Gear
I can't believe some of you will have your MINI this week! That's exciting!

Everybody, be sure to chime in when you hear something from your MA. Whenever I get the call I think I might hit the floor and pass out. I will definitely take the day off from work (maybe life in general).

Old 10-22-2008, 04:59 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Here's to hump-day. Hope we all get good news today.

...damn it's hard trying to stay positive...

Old 10-22-2008, 07:46 AM
Davidson
1st Gear
I'm positive alright... positive that if I get Jarvis this week I'll be super happy. Positive that if I don't get Jarvis this week I'll be super bummed out. Positive that I'm going bonkers right now with anticipation! Positive that I really really want to take him on the trip I have planned for the weekend!

Quick Reply: All aboard the Western Highway! Departing Southampton October 3