1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All aboard the Western Highway! Departing Southampton October 3

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 04:49 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wurking girl, thanks for the kindness. I'm sure we're going to get that news. I'll feel better when my MA can actually see the car. The OL started as a fun tool, something that no other car co. has but it's really been a mess. Oh well, we'll forget all about it when we finally get our cars. Good luck!

Old 10-23-2008, 11:38 AM
Badinkadink
Neutral
Originally Posted by Mini Rose
Flow has been very good. When we first started looking we had an appointment to drive a Clubman at Hendrick but they sold it on our way there and they did not have any Mini's they would let us drive. We went to Flow and drove several different Mini's over several hours. We placed our order after that. Mini Rose should be delivered this week and Lil Blue Coop mid November.

Hendrick didn't have much to test drive when we went there either. Almost everything they had was sold and not inspected yet. They were able to get a clubman through inspection before it got to late so we could test drive it. I liked it, but I think the color of that one made me go for the MCS. It looked like a clubman made for the panthers. The sales girl has been really helpfuly, more then I expected.
Any word yet on when you will be able to get yours?

Old 10-23-2008, 12:01 PM
wurking_girl
2nd Gear
Okay, just heard from my MA that my MINI is on the truck and should arrive at the dealership today or tomorrow, so we're on for a Sat or Mon pickup! However, like DBD, I will feel much better when she's actually on Michigan soil at the dealership!

Dare I let the rejoicing begin?!

Old 10-23-2008, 03:37 PM
Lil Blue Coop/Mini Rose
5th Gear
Rosemary talked to a fill in MA and they cannot tell us were Mini Rose is. There are only a 3 hour drive from the VDC. We are supposed to leave on vacation on Sunday. And now there are reports of Mini's showing up all over the country. Not a happy soon to be Mini owner.

Last edited by Lil Blue Coop/Mini Rose; 10-23-2008 at 04:30 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:06 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Don & Rose, my MA hasn't been able to tell me with any accuracy what was going on with my car. Their computer tracking system is f'd. I drove by the dealership tonight and saw my car in the back lot with my name on the dash. Hopefully they can get it cleaned up and ready for me by Saturday at the latest. I'm done playing. I hope you guys get some definitive data and have a smoother time with Li'l Blue. Keep us posted.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:07 AM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
dayum.

I'm leaving today to drive over to get my car. My MA is giving me some...ah...creative numbers for the sales price. I have tried everything I know to do to reach his price and I can't get there. Interesting.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:32 AM
wurking_girl
2nd Gear
Ditto all the stuff above about the MC computer systems!

BUT - Little Blu Dory is ON THE LOT, being prepped as we speak (type), and I just made an appointment to pick her up at 10 AM tomorrow!

I'm with you, Jen, on the creative numbers, tho... I'm having a hard time coming up to my dealer's final number, too. I'm going to have him fax me the paperwork so I can see it for myself.

DBD - incredible that your car is sitting right there and no one has told you?! Storm the gates, mon, and get that baby outta there! (Wait, what am I saying?? Not so incredible to hear of poor communication... Who knows how long it would have taken for Dory if I hadn't decided to bug the guy one last time!)

Don & Rosemary - we'll all be thinking good thoughts for you; the way things are going for the rest of us, she's likely sitting on the lot somewhere, maybe mislabeled...maybe you need to storm the dealership, too?!

Old 10-24-2008, 06:43 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
If the weather clears I'm going to pick up tonight. Otherwise I'll pick up tomorrow morning. Good luck everyone! Watch those creative calculators!!!

Old 10-24-2008, 06:55 AM
Lil Blue Coop/Mini Rose
5th Gear
Thanks everyone for the good thoughts. I will be calling our MA in a little while to get a update. I sure hope you are right and it is sitting on the lot. My dealer is 90 mins away so it's not easy to drop by. They will have a least a days worth of work to do so at best we are hoping for a later Saturday delivery if they find it.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:28 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
I'm 96 miles from my dealer (until the move tomorrow). I had to drive up to sign papers on the house and just happened by... Good luck. I know you were hoping to have it for the drive Sunday.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:10 AM
Lil Blue Coop/Mini Rose
5th Gear
Well just got the word from my MA, Mini Rose is officially lost. They have requested a list of the dealers cars still at the VDC and are waiting to here from them. So much for out of town vacation next week.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:48 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
No way Rose! I just got off the phone with my MA and I told him what's going on with you guys and he said my car flip-flopped status and his car which came in on the same boat is lost (according to the computer). He said cars are showing up on the lot that still show pending release to carrier. I'm sure she's not lost...it's their system that's lost. WTFO! I can't believe that. Hopefully it will show up on their doorstep like mine did last night. I'm scheduled to pick mine up after work today but I'm going to keep hoping that you guys get some good news FAST!

Old 10-24-2008, 11:43 AM
Badinkadink
Neutral
I can't believe they are having all of these mix ups!! Good luck to both of you this weekend on getting your MINIs.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:53 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Thank you Badink. We need it.

Old 10-24-2008, 02:42 PM
Davidson
1st Gear
hey all, I got Jarvis today!! Sorry to hear about all the strife some of you are experiencing :(

I posted a quick pic of him in the support thread. Happy motoring!

Old 10-24-2008, 05:46 PM
Badinkadink
Neutral
I picked up my MINI, still haven't found the perfect name yet. I love it! I'll post picks soon. Hope everyone finds their MINI this weekend!! Keep us posted.

Old 10-24-2008, 05:55 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
I picked up my Clubman this afternoon! I have to say I'm going to miss the spunky power of my Red S but the ride is impressive. I was worried about the PW/PW looking plain but I like it. MA was trying to talk me into sport stripes bonnet, roof, boot, but I'm going to think about it. The transaction was smooth, took all of five minutes but I'd had my insurance changed and the POI faxed earlier today...which seemed to help. I hope Mini Rose and the rest of you guys that are waiting have as easy a time as I did. And as I suspected when I saw it the frustrations melted away. I really like it and I want to say thanks to all of you. You guys have been more informative and supportive through this process than I could have imagined.

Pics in gallery! Also got a big surprise...seems TNMiniMama, (Ms. Vivi) stopped by the dealership earlier today and left a note for me. It was awesome. I love you guys! Good luck again to those who are still waiting for the call.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:45 PM
Lil Blue Coop/Mini Rose
5th Gear
Congrats Doo, I sure hope Rosemary feels the same way when she finally gets Mini Rose.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:30 PM
Eoff
2nd Gear
My pick-up today was also smooth, and no creative calculating. The price was exactly what we discussed when I ordered. She sure is good looking! I'll have to post some pics soon.

The ride is even better than I remembered from the test drive. Very quiet and handled bumps very well. Feels like a luxury car. Silky smooth, but very responsive. In short, whatever doubts I may have had during this process are long gone.

Best wishes to the rest of you! I will keep in touch with this group.

Old 10-25-2008, 01:48 PM
Lil Blue Coop/Mini Rose
5th Gear
Just called Ask Mini to see what they show... Mini Rose is at the port awaiting a ship. OL says at VDC with a 10/24 delivery. What can I say??

Old 10-25-2008, 06:16 PM
Eoff
2nd Gear
Here's a pic. We have decided to call her Silver "Belle", "Belle" for short.

Old 10-25-2008, 06:24 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Don & Rose, any news? MINI of Nashville had their annual Homecoming party today. My MA still doesn't know where his car is and is extremely frustrated. I'm really sorry you guys didn't get your car in time for your vacation. Keep us posted as you get information. I'll send positive thoughts your way. Any news on Li'l Blue's production/completion?

Old 10-25-2008, 06:25 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Eoff
My pick-up today was also smooth, and no creative calculating. The price was exactly what we discussed when I ordered. She sure is good looking! I'll have to post some pics soon.

The ride is even better than I remembered from the test drive. Very quiet and handled bumps very well. Feels like a luxury car. Silky smooth, but very responsive. In short, whatever doubts I may have had during this process are long gone.

Best wishes to the rest of you! I will keep in touch with this group.
Good looking ride Eoff! Enjoy!

Old 10-25-2008, 07:24 PM
Lil Blue Coop/Mini Rose
5th Gear
Lil Blue has been to great. ordered 10/13, production complete 10/24. I hope it makes the WW ship on 10/28, 11/1 or Kline on 10/31 (Western Hwy ) . Should have it by Mid Nov. Or it can sit on the dock for 2 weeks like we did on the last trip over.
We did not hear anything from our MA, so we are guessing Mini Rose did not show up. We will call on Monday morning.
I hope you are enjoying your Mini.

Old 10-25-2008, 07:43 PM
kjrhammer
1st Gear
So sorry to hear that Mini Rose is MIA! Hope they find her soon.

We picked up my Clubman (no name yet) today - everything went smoothly. Posted a few quick pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/k.robert...ICooperClubman

Quick Reply: All aboard the Western Highway! Departing Southampton October 3