1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All aboard the Western Highway! Departing Southampton October 3

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 05:29 PM
Lil Blue Coop/Mini Rose
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A update on Mini Rose. Left messages and email for MA no contact back. Talked to sales manager. He said he was going to do a search for the VIN with the VDC. This is the same thing he told Rosemary he was going to do last week and never called us back. Did not call us back today either. I sure wish there was another car Rosemary was interested in.

Old 10-27-2008, 06:01 PM
Eoff
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Lil Blue Coop/Mini Rose
A update on Mini Rose. Left messages and email for MA no contact back. Talked to sales manager. He said he was going to do a search for the VIN with the VDC. This is the same thing he told Rosemary he was going to do last week and never called us back. Did not call us back today either. I sure wish there was another car Rosemary was interested in.
That really stinks. I feel for ya and I'm thinking about ya.

Please forgive those of us who have taken ownership and are enjoying themselves in their MINIs. We truly don't mean to rub it in.

At least this way when you get "the call" it will genuinely be a big surprise.

Old 10-27-2008, 06:08 PM
Lil Blue Coop/Mini Rose
5th Gear
Thanks Eoff, I know no one is trying to make us feel bad. And I am happy everyone else is enjoying their Mini's. That does keep us positive that when Mini Rose does arrive all this will be forgotten.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:01 PM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
Thanks Eoff, I know no one is trying to make us feel bad. And I am happy everyone else is enjoying their Mini's. That does keep us positive that when Mini Rose does arrive all this will be forgotten.
There's just not much they can do to make this right. At the very least they should be moving heaven and earth to find Mini Rose, and keeping you well within the loop. I would be raising absolute hell with MINI USA.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:38 AM
wurking_girl
2nd Gear
I agree - although it totally stinks to have Mini Rose missing, it only makes it worse that they are being unprofessional in their communications. I would think they would be bending over backward to accommodate you - how many other two-MINI families are they dealing with??

Anyway, know that we're all here for you guys...anytime you need to vent...

Old 10-28-2008, 09:53 AM
Lil Blue Coop/Mini Rose
5th Gear
Just heard from our MA. Mini Rose has been found at the VDC. She is sitting waiting for a ride to the dealer. It seems they had more cars than they can ship at one time so the left overs are sitting waiting for a ride. But they have no idea how long it will take. At least we know were she is. Thanks everyone for the good thoughts.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:39 AM
wurking_girl
2nd Gear
What a relief!! Hopefully they will do all they can to get her to you quickly. Hey, maybe they'll even throw in some floor mats...or a tee shirt...!

Can't be long now...

Old 10-28-2008, 11:34 AM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
YAY for finding MINI Rose safe and sound! Poor baby. I know she's lonely.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:01 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Congrats Don & Rose. I'm glad they found her but still bummed that you guys are waiting while we're all racking up miles. I picked up my car Thursday night and had to fill her up today. Went 458 miles on 12 gallons...not bad for a baby that only had five miles on her when I picked her up. I'll keep sending positive thoughts your way in hopes that MINI Rose will be with you by week's end. Good luck guys!

Old 10-28-2008, 02:16 PM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
Did you get moved, DBD?

Old 10-28-2008, 06:09 PM
Lil Blue Coop/Mini Rose
5th Gear
Just talked to my dealers sales manager and found out some interesting info. Normally when the VPC receives a shipment of cars they process the customer ordered cars first and then the dealer lot cars. But due to a large backlog of cars they were processing them first in first out as they were loaded off the trains. My dealer got in 18 cars in the last 2 days and none were customer cars. The dealer has requested the VPC to process customers cars first due to a lot of unhappy customers. I hope they do and we can get Mini Rose by the weekend. It does not make Rosemary feel any better about not having Mini Rose but it makes it a little earier to accept. Thanks for all the good thoughts and I will let you know when Mini Rose arrives.
Lil Blue Coop is on the dock waiting for a ship and the next one in line is the Western Hwy due to leave 10/31.

Last edited by Lil Blue Coop/Mini Rose; 10-28-2008 at 06:18 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:17 PM
Eoff
2nd Gear
Just heard from our MA. Mini Rose has been found at the VDC. She is sitting waiting for a ride to the dealer. It seems they had more cars than they can ship at one time so the left overs are sitting waiting for a ride. But they have no idea how long it will take. At least we know were she is. Thanks everyone for the good thoughts.
This is great news! At least you know where she is. Keep us updated.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:18 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Jenanhill
Did you get moved, DBD?
Jen, I did. Thanks for asking. All of my stuff is in the new house. Jackson a.k.a. pig panties, my 109 lb yellow lab and I are sharing a pallet. I've got my laptop and a TV. We close the sale of the house here Friday and then we'll get settled into the new house in Nashville this coming weekend. Fortunately with the time change I'll have an extra hour this weekend. Can't wait to get settled so I can spend some time with my MINI...washing & waxing, and driving...

Old 10-28-2008, 06:19 PM
Eoff
2nd Gear
Just talked to my dealers sales manager and found out some interesting info. Normally when the VPC receives a shipment of cars they process the customer ordered cars first and then the dealer lot cars. But due to a large backlog of cars they were processing them first in first out as they were loaded off the trains. My dealer got in 18 cars in the last 2 days and none were customer cars. The dealer has requested the VPC to process customers cars first due to a lot of unhappy customers. I hope they do and we can get Mini Rose by the weekend. It does not make Rosemary feel any better about not having Mini Rose but it makes it a little earier to accept. Thanks for all the good thoughts and I will let you know when Mini Rose arrives.
Lil Blue Coop is on the dock waiting for a ship and the next one in line is the Western Hwy due to leave 10/31.
So they both get to ride the same ship? How neat is that?

Old 10-28-2008, 06:23 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Don and Rose that's good news. Now let us know when you get the great news that she's arrived at the dealer. You definitely deserve free floor mats, valve stem covers etc. Keep us posted. I'm rooting for you guys.

Any of you have an issue with tire dressing? My only slightly negative comment is the crew that preps the cars put so much tire dressing on my tires - by the time I got home it looked like I had driven through a puddle of oil or tar or something.

Old 10-28-2008, 07:03 PM
Lil Blue Coop/Mini Rose
5th Gear
Originally Posted by DooBahDoo
Any of you have an issue with tire dressing? My only slightly negative comment is the crew that preps the cars put so much tire dressing on my tires - by the time I got home it looked like I had driven through a puddle of oil or tar or something.
I hate the stuff dealers use. It takes them 30 sec to apply and us several washes to get it all off.

Old 10-29-2008, 05:15 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Don, I asked my MA to make sure they didn't use it because you're right...it makes a mess for weeks, but like robots they can't handle a special request. I used engine degreaser and it still didn't come off. BMW/MINI's are well known for their brake-dust and that goop makes it even worse. Can't wait to have dull tires.

Old 10-29-2008, 05:58 PM
Lil Blue Coop/Mini Rose
5th Gear
Just reading some of the other week of production forums and 2 Mini's that arrived at the VPC 5 days after ours are now in the hands of their owners. Will it every end?

Old 10-29-2008, 07:31 PM
Eoff
2nd Gear
Just reading some of the other week of production forums and 2 Mini's that arrived at the VPC 5 days after ours are now in the hands of their owners. Will it every end?
It's coming, it's coming. I know this stinks big time, but just hang in there. At least it's not being delayed because of some sort of damage or something. That would really suck. Keep us updated when you hear anything.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:27 AM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Don, color MINI Rose back into the picture! You're very clever...that's so sad. Any update? Any news? Keep climbing MINI's corporate ladder. You guys are important to them...two cars within five weeks! Give 'em hell.

Old 10-30-2008, 10:54 AM
wurking_girl
2nd Gear
Maybe we could all do a road trip and storm the gates with you?!

Oh, yes, definitely color Mini Rose back in...makes us all sad to see her as a blank...........

Old 10-30-2008, 11:43 AM
Lil Blue Coop/Mini Rose
5th Gear
Sales Manager called this morning and said Mini Rose was leaving the VPC today and should be at the dealer this evening. They will need to install the sport stripes, arm rest and clear bra so it may not be ready for pick up until Saturday. Good news but with what has been going on, we will believe it when we see her ready to go. Thanks everyone for the good thoughts and I will let you know when she is home.

Last edited by Lil Blue Coop/Mini Rose; 10-30-2008 at 11:51 AM.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:56 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Don & Rose, I was hesitant to come back in and see the ghostly outline of our little MINI Rose. I am SO happy to hear that she will be with you guys this weekend. I drove 90+ miles when I found out mine had landed...just to see the little guy peering through the fence. Just like you guys I wanted to see for myself. Congrats! Keep us posted. Don't make us all drive up there.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:02 PM
Jenanhill
3rd Gear
W00t! Mini Rose is traveling!

Old 10-31-2008, 06:25 AM
wurking_girl
2nd Gear
Great news!!!

Quick Reply: All aboard the Western Highway! Departing Southampton October 3