1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Greetings

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 03:21 PM
Mr Rider
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greetings

Please allow me to introduce myself. I am not an owner (yet?) but have a recently developed interest in a Mini.

I was poised to buy a new car soon, and had my choice mostly narrowed down. Then came escalating gas prices. I decided I needed something more economical than my domestic choice, so I looked at economy cars. It was generally my conclusion that most cars with good mpg also come with a healthy dose of b-o-r-i-n-g. And, then I thought Mini! If I could get better mpg plus a smile on my face that would be certain win/win.

My first visit to the Mini website convinced me that good mpg need not be coupled with a spartan, ugly vehicle. I did a test drive a couple of weeks ago and couldn't stop smiling. So, I think I'll hang out here, ask a question or two, learn what I can and see how my interest develops.

Old 10-11-2008, 03:35 PM
swflaboy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Mr Rider
Please allow me to introduce myself. I am not an owner (yet?) but have a recently developed interest in a Mini.

I was poised to buy a new car soon, and had my choice mostly narrowed down. Then came escalating gas prices. I decided I needed something more economical than my domestic choice, so I looked at economy cars. It was generally my conclusion that most cars with good mpg also come with a healthy dose of b-o-r-i-n-g. And, then I thought Mini! If I could get better mpg plus a smile on my face that would be certain win/win.

My first visit to the Mini website convinced me that good mpg need not be coupled with a spartan, ugly vehicle. I did a test drive a couple of weeks ago and couldn't stop smiling. So, I think I'll hang out here, ask a question or two, learn what I can and see how my interest develops.
I had the same problem with the MPG/boring correlation. Took me 2 1/2 years to choose a new car but only 2 1/2mos after deciding on the MINI. Keep reading. Ask those questions and do another test drive (or 3) and you might not be able to shake it. Good luck.

Old 10-11-2008, 03:43 PM
Red Dragoon
6th Gear
Delighted to hear you're interested in getting a MINI. NAM's a great place to hang out and find out all sorts of all things MINI. Enjoy the reading.