1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All Aboard the Turandot, departing 10-13-08!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 03:43 PM
wwjd
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dwell
Im having the jcw aero put on when it gets on land, so i might be 7 to 8 days after.
Im in the same boat with you...
Im having the jcw stuff need to put on as well...
I hate waiting......

Old 10-30-2008, 03:52 PM
Dwell
4th Gear
Originally Posted by wwjd
Im in the same boat with you...
Im having the jcw stuff need to put on as well...
I hate waiting......

It will be nice once the jcw stuff is on. Gonna look sweet!

Old 10-30-2008, 06:04 PM
wwjd
1st Gear
May I ask a stupid question since Im new here...
Which week we are in?

Old 10-30-2008, 07:52 PM
mr-wrong
Neutral
Originally Posted by Coopdy
Cool plates mr wrong. Is this your first personally installed mod? Mine is a stubby antenna (big spender). What are others doing as mods (not dealer or VDC mods). I really want driving lights.
:
This is my only personally installed mod. I am waiting for the JCW tuning kit to become available. My dealer (MINI of Monrovia) told me it may be a while. I would have purchased the JCW Clubman but ms-wrong doesn't do stick.

I am also looking into some other mods that will increase torque (and horsepower) but I haven't really decided on anything yet. I just need more torque cuz at this point in my life I've learned horsepower is good but torque is fun.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:14 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by mr-wrong
This is my only personally installed mod. I am waiting for the JCW tuning kit to become available. My dealer (MINI of Monrovia) told me it may be a while. I would have purchased the JCW Clubman but ms-wrong doesn't do stick.

I just need more torque cuz at this point in my life I've learned horsepower is good but torque is fun.
The JCW only comes in stick? I did not know that.

I don't know much about torque but I'm thinking that I will like the torque in my Clubman S more than I do in Mr Coopdy's (he'd love that) diesel Jeep (great for towing, but when am I towing ). Good luck on getting the tuning kit.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:18 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
May I ask a stupid question since Im new here...
Which week we are in?
We're in week 44 . But, if you're asking in relationship to MINI build dates then it is based upon the completion date of you MINI and this will vary among others on the same boat. For example, mine finished Oct 1 (so Week 40 build), but I missed the prior boat by 2 days and had to wait 12 days for the next boat. Others could have finished in a later build week but still be on the same boat. Does that answer your question? Welcome to the wait!

Old 10-31-2008, 06:19 AM
wwjd
1st Gear
We're in week 44 . But, if you're asking in relationship to MINI build dates then it is based upon the completion date of you MINI and this will vary among others on the same boat. For example, mine finished Oct 1 (so Week 40 build), but I missed the prior boat by 2 days and had to wait 12 days for the next boat. Others could have finished in a later build week but still be on the same boat. Does that answer your question? Welcome to the wait!
Thank you very much!
I took the order from my friend, I don't know which week she's in....
But Im sure we are in the same boat...

Old 10-31-2008, 11:53 PM
sunset415
Neutral
my mini is in that ship too. it will arrive at port on NOV 3rd, hopefully it wont stay there long. inspection does not take long unless there is damage during the transport.
order at east bay mini, 500 over MSRP.

Last edited by sunset415; 11-01-2008 at 12:22 AM.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:42 AM
LindaPD
2nd Gear
Welcome to the waiting group, Sunset! Yea!! we're in November. Hopefully, it won't be long now.

I'm feeling quite unique as I have yet to see another Oxygen Blue on this or the last crossing of the Turandot. Love seeing the photos of past MINIs that have been delivered.

Old 11-02-2008, 10:51 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Whew, the boat didn't seem to be moving that quickly the past couple of days and was not updating its location so it was a nice surprise to check tonight and see that it is nearly directly West of Tijuana. Start pouring those margaritas! (I've also taken to Texas/Mexican martinis -- sweet and sour and made with tequila rather than gin).

Old 11-03-2008, 06:31 AM
LindaPD
2nd Gear
Woo Hoo! I know, I was wondering where it had gone the last 2 days. Almost here!!

Old 11-03-2008, 04:37 PM
djbphaedrus
Neutral
Is it Soup Yet?

Seeing that the times on SailWX are GMT and not PST, it seems like our ship is in (or at least should be). VesselTracker showed it off the coast of LA at 4:05 AM local time.

Waiting with baited breath...

Old 11-04-2008, 07:49 AM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Whoot! The W&W voyage details shows that the Turandot has hit and left the port so our MINIs are on US soil for the first time, and will be ready to motor soon!

Old 11-04-2008, 08:13 AM
LindaPD
2nd Gear
Yes, I see my MINI was discharged from the Turandot on 11/3 at 22:46 (10:00 last night).

Old 11-04-2008, 09:38 AM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by LindaPD
Yes, I see my MINI was discharged from the Turandot on 11/3 at 22:46 (10:00 last night).
And apparently delivered/released to the VDC at7am this morning. I hope that there aren't many cars in front of ours and that all our MINIs made it without incident.

Old 11-04-2008, 02:08 PM
nullstadt
1st Gear
And apparently delivered/released to the VDC at7am this morning. I hope that there aren't many cars in front of ours and that all our MINIs made it without incident.
It's interesting...I got a call from my dealership yesterday afternoon, telling me that the car was in port and "was one of the earliest ones off the boat"...judging from the WW timestamp re: discharge, either they got some word *immediately* after the car hit land, or they might've been puffing me up a bit.

Main thing is that our cars are here, here's hoping they're all unmarked, as we ordered them, and get on a transport asap! Looking forward to all the happy messages to come in the next week or two...

Old 11-04-2008, 07:17 PM
wwjd
1st Gear
anyone know when you can get the car?

Old 11-04-2008, 11:32 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
anyone know when you can get the car?
It is going to vary with each person based upon VDC or dealer mods, hopefully no VDC repairs, shipping time to your dealer, and your dealer's schedule. So, my next step in the process is just to wait for my MA's call to let me know that the car is either nearly there or there.

I called Pedfed to have them send the check to me and plan on calling my insurance company the day I go to pickup the car to add it immediately. I also have the checklist another member posted to help with the inspection process so I don't overlook things in my mass excitement. Other than that, I'm ready for the car to arrive!

Old 11-04-2008, 11:35 PM
Dwell
4th Gear
Got a phone call from my MA and he said I can get the car next Monday. I have the JCW aero being put on, so a little longer for me. Hell, what's another week at this pt. :e ek2::eek 2: :e ek2::eek 2: :e ek2::eek 2: :e ek2:

Old 11-04-2008, 11:43 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Even without any dealer mods mine is still going to take longer that yours, whaaaaaaa! Congrats and post some pics, this thread sure could use some MINI glam shots!

Old 11-05-2008, 06:58 AM
wwjd
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Dwell
Got a phone call from my MA and he said I can get the car next Monday. I have the JCW aero being put on, so a little longer for me. Hell, what's another week at this pt. :e ek2::eek 2: :e ek2::eek 2: :e ek2::eek 2: :e ek2:
My MA never give me a phone call and tell me what is going on, even I asked for info!!!!

Old 11-05-2008, 10:16 AM
LindaPD
2nd Gear
Still waiting to hear............Anyway, the Presidential election even overshadowed the MINI delivery for me. God bless America and help us to unite!

Old 11-05-2008, 12:28 PM
sunset415
Neutral
i just receive call from my dealer. the car will deliver on NOV 7.

Old 11-05-2008, 12:31 PM
mr-wrong
Neutral
Mine is currently at the dealer, but alas, I am in Cedar Rapids, IA and won't get back to L.A. until Saturday. :-(

Old 11-05-2008, 12:39 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Wow! Congrats to you early receivers (sorry you're out of town mr-wrong -- you'll still get your car before me).

Who is the farthest from the VDC? I'm guessing I am -- I'm in Seattle...

Who is going to be the first to post a pic?!!!!!!

Quick Reply: All Aboard the Turandot, departing 10-13-08!