1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All Aboard the Turandot, departing 10-13-08!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 03:33 PM
LindaPD
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats, Sunset! Where are you located?

I just hope when I get mine that I can figure out how to get pictures up for you all.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:17 PM
mr-wrong
Neutral
I arrive at LAX at 12:20pm on Saturday and will be at the dealership between 01:30 and 02:00pm. I should have a photo of Cornelius posted shortly after that. Woohoo!

Congrats to everyone. It won't be much longer until this forum is awash in baby pictures.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:39 PM
Dwell
4th Gear
Originally Posted by mr-wrong
I arrive at LAX at 12:20pm on Saturday and will be at the dealership between 01:30 and 02:00pm. I should have a photo of Cornelius posted shortly after that. Woohoo!

Congrats to everyone. It won't be much longer until this forum is awash in baby pictures.

Cornelius? From Fight Club?

If so, badass name! I like!

Old 11-05-2008, 09:26 PM
RNinaMINI
1st Gear
mine's at the dealer also!!

Got a call from my MA at South Bay today. He said they have my car. Woohooo.

I just didnt have time to call him back today because I didnt get out of work until 730pm. Anyways I'll most likely pick her up on Saturday.

Woohoo I'm so excited. I'm kinda tempted to pick her up tomorrow but I have a lot to do tomorrow and I want to dedicate a whole day. Hehe

Old 11-06-2008, 08:14 AM
LindaPD
2nd Gear

Love that name! So far I'm naming mine 'Nellie'.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:25 AM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Estimated delivery date

Whoot! MINI OL finally shows my car at VDC (yes, I know that it is always behind), but it also shows the estimated delivery (to me) as Nov 10! Does anyone else see a similar update to the OL and does this date seem to reflect what your MA is telling you? I haven't heard from my MA yet is why I am wonderfing if the OL might actually be something that I can count on a little. Wow, that would be GREAT!

Old 11-06-2008, 12:57 PM
wongtonsup
1st Gear
Got a call from my MA yesterday

My new MINI is currently sitting at East Bay MINI. I'm taking the day off tomorrow to go bring it home. I'm impressed with how fast it came off the boat and made it's way through the VDC and then onto a transport to get to the Bay Area.

With some luck, first pics will be up tomorrow.

Old 11-06-2008, 02:56 PM
nullstadt
1st Gear
Re: estimated delivery date...I'm in Phoenix, and mine is showing a date of Nov 9th.

I did get a call from the dealer on the day the car drove off the ship, but haven't heard anything since then. He said sometimes they get here in two days, but a more reasonable estimate was 7-10 days. I'm hoping for this weekend, but will not be surprised if it's next week.

Old 11-06-2008, 03:40 PM
LindaPD
2nd Gear
I JUST MET MY MINI!!!!

She arrived at the dealer's in Mountain View last night (still shows at the VDC in the Owner's Lounge) and I just had to go and meet her a little while ago. I'm picking her up Saturday morning 11/08/08. Can't do it tomorrow because my MA is off and I definitely want to go through her. Since I ordered the Oxygen Blue I've been seeing the dark silver with black stripes and really like that, but one look at my MINI today and I was smitten! I am stoked!!

Hang in there, guys, it will happen for you, too.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:45 PM
Dwell
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Coopdy
Wow! Congrats to you early receivers (sorry you're out of town mr-wrong -- you'll still get your car before me).

Who is the farthest from the VDC? I'm guessing I am -- I'm in Seattle...

Who is going to be the first to post a pic?!!!!!!
Mine is on the ground, but with the JCW aero, I dont get it till Monday. Hell, you might get yours before me and Im in Cali!

Old 11-06-2008, 08:05 PM
wwjd
1st Gear
Oh my.... I just asked my MA, he said "in the port"... he started telling me that my car in the NY port from Oct. i know that's BS.
I feel my dealership likes ****, the same as all my friends told me that before...
but I've no choice, they're the only mini dealer here...
hopefully I can get my baby soon....
congrat you all...

Old 11-06-2008, 08:47 PM
mr-wrong
Neutral
Originally Posted by LindaPD
Love that name! So far I'm naming mine 'Nellie'.
I can't take credit for the name. I wanted something cheap and tawdry. I was thinking of 'Trixie' or 'Wanda' (apologies to all the Trixies and Wandas out there), but ms-wrong prevailed and came up with Cornelius...she likes 'Planet of the Apes'.

Now for the important question...what song should be playing as we leave the dealer? ms-wrong wants to play "Mommy's Little Monster" from Social Distortion. I want to play "Country Trash" from Johnny Cash, just for the irony...and I like the song.

What do you folks think? And what are you planning to play when you drive off?

Old 11-06-2008, 08:48 PM
Dwell
4th Gear
i plan on listening to nothing but engine when i leave the dealer. then all the way home.

Old 11-06-2008, 09:55 PM
LindaPD
2nd Gear
Wow, that's a good question, mr-wrong. Now that I've loaded up my iPod I might be playing the new Coldplay, but lots of choices on there.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:29 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Dwell
Mine is on the ground, but with the JCW aero, I dont get it till Monday. Hell, you might get yours before me and Im in Cali!
I'm still betting you'll get yours first if you're thinking yours will be ready on Monday . I don't want to be the wandrur of this group, sorry wandrur.

Good question about the driving music mr-wrong. I too want to hear my baby's first words -- and I love that sound! That said after getting on the freeway I want to motor with some tunes, haven't decided what will be the first song, couple options: Two Step (Dave Matthews) -- though it's on the album Crash, not the best choice? Soul Meets Body (Death Cab for Cutie) or Talk (Coldplay). Choices, choices, feel like I'm back in the colnfiguring stage of my MINI, now THAT was painful.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:11 AM
sunset415
Neutral
Whoot! MINI OL finally shows my car at VDC (yes, I know that it is always behind), but it also shows the estimated delivery (to me) as Nov 10! Does anyone else see a similar update to the OL and does this date seem to reflect what your MA is telling you? I haven't heard from my MA yet is why I am wonderfing if the OL might actually be something that I can count on a little. Wow, that would be GREAT!

i am local in san francisco too, i see the OL my car is estimated delivery on 11/06. i see that we both order the mini at east bay mini. i was wondering if you had pay dealer mark up? i have seen east bay mini are charging $2000 dealer mark up fee.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:12 AM
sunset415
Neutral

sorry, wrong post

Old 11-07-2008, 12:13 AM
sunset415
Neutral
Originally Posted by wongtonsup
My new MINI is currently sitting at East Bay MINI. I'm taking the day off tomorrow to go bring it home. I'm impressed with how fast it came off the boat and made it's way through the VDC and then onto a transport to get to the Bay Area.

With some luck, first pics will be up tomorrow.

i am local in san francisco too, i see the OL my car is estimated delivery on 11/06. i see that we both order the mini at east bay mini. i was wondering if you had pay dealer mark up? i have seen east bay mini are charging $2000 dealer mark up fee.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:15 AM
sunset415
Neutral
Originally Posted by LindaPD
Congrats, Sunset! Where are you located?

I just hope when I get mine that I can figure out how to get pictures up for you all.

i am located in san francisco, order mini at east bay.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:38 AM
LindaPD
2nd Gear
Interesting about variations in dealer mark up. I paid $1,500 mark up at MINI of Mountain View. Oh, well, 'spilt milk' now, I suppose.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:48 AM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Sooooooo who's going to be the first to post a pic of their new MINI?!!!!! It helps it feel more real for me.

Old 11-07-2008, 11:57 AM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Got the call !!!!! My MINI will be in TOMORROW! However, I won't be picking up until next Friday. This is so that they can install the Anthracite Headliner which the car is missing. Fortunately the roof rails ARE on! I figured it would just be best to get this all done at once so I don't have to go back to the dealer's, may get clear bra and tint done while she waits and then when I pick her up she'll be just as I ordered her and no let down of my uification.

Plus, I have a test that Friday morning that I'm stressed about and passing it and picking my MINI up afterward will be a great study incentive and if I had the car it would be hard to not be out driving instead of studying.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:50 PM
wwjd
1st Gear
finnally.... i got an email from my salesman, MINI will be here next Monday, then takes 3-5 days to put on all the aftermarket.

Old 11-07-2008, 03:08 PM
LindaPD
2nd Gear
Way to go, Coop and wwjd! I'll get pics up asap to keep you going!

Old 11-07-2008, 04:51 PM
RNinaMINI
1st Gear
I dont know if Ill be able to sleep!!

Picking my baby up tomorrow morning, 0945 in the AM!!

I'll try to update via my iphone. I cant wait!!

Quick Reply: All Aboard the Turandot, departing 10-13-08!