1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All Aboard the Turandot, departing 10-13-08!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 08:10 PM
LindaPD
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know what you mean, RN! I am beat today because I'm already not sleeping well. I feel like it's Christmas Eve and I can't wait to open my present in the morning!! An early Christmas for all of us, for sure........or whatever holiday you celebrate!

Where are you picking yours up from??

Old 11-08-2008, 08:02 AM
RNinaMINI
1st Gear
Originally Posted by LindaPD
I know what you mean, RN! I am beat today because I'm already not sleeping well. I feel like it's Christmas Eve and I can't wait to open my present in the morning!! An early Christmas for all of us, for sure........or whatever holiday you celebrate!

Picking mine up at South Bay Mini, in Torrance, CA. They're great there. I originally scheduled for 1000 but my MA said to come a little early so that I dont miss their breakfast. I guess they offer free breakfast on Sat mornings.

I have to start getting ready. OMG I cant wait!!

Old 11-08-2008, 09:23 AM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by RNinaMINI
Picking mine up at South Bay Mini, in Torrance, CA. They're great there. I originally scheduled for 1000 but my MA said to come a little early so that I dont miss their breakfast. I guess they offer free breakfast on Sat mornings.

I have to start getting ready. OMG I cant wait!!

That's GREAT! Free breakfast AND picking up your MINI. That moment of starting your journey to your dealer probably must be the highest point of this all or perhaps the unveiling or perhaps the driving off...either way you're gonna have a superb day . Of course post lots of pics.

Old 11-08-2008, 09:36 AM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by LindaPD

Congrats LindaPD!!! How did the pickup go?! Post some pics -- I've still got a week for my pickup so seeing pics of all the MINIs helps.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:02 PM
wongtonsup
1st Gear
Took the day off to pick up my MINI

I can't believe how fast it arrived (in retrospect). Turandot docked on Sunday. I got the call from my MA at East Bay MINI on Wednesday and I picked it up yesterday (Friday).

My car had a nice drive back into SF and was very peppy the whole way back. It's sitting very nicely now in my garage out of the rain.

It's not the best picture, but the first one - taken using my iPhone.

I hope everyone is getting as much enjoyment from their car as me and my family are getting from mine.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:03 PM
Dwell
4th Gear
Originally Posted by wongtonsup
I can't believe how fast it arrived (in retrospect). Turandot docked on Sunday. I got the call from my MA at East Bay MINI on Wednesday and I picked it up yesterday (Friday).

My car had a nice drive back into SF and was very peppy the whole way back. It's sitting very nicely now in my garage out of the rain.

It's not the best picture, but the first one - taken using my iPhone.

I hope everyone is getting as much enjoyment from their car as me and my family are getting from mine.
Very nice!

That's a great blue and awesome bonnet stripes.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:37 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Dwell
Very nice!

That's a great blue and awesome bonnet stripes.

Agreed! Looks great!!!! Congrats! What is one thing that you like about it that you did not know about it? From what I hear, the little surprises are fun (secret compartment, etc). I've read through my manual so I'm not expecting too many surprises but I think most of the things will be more fun in real life than on paper!

Old 11-08-2008, 07:03 PM
RNinaMINI
1st Gear
Here she is!!!

Drove off the lot at 1230pm. Just got home right now. Been pretty busy. Its so much fun to drive and she sounds great!

I'm so excited to minify her but I have work tomorrow. So I have to work a 12hr shift while thinking about my mini! Its ok, cuz that means I get to drive her more.

I promise to post more pictures later. Woohoo

Last edited by RNinaMINI; 11-08-2008 at 08:54 PM.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:52 AM
wongtonsup
1st Gear
Thanks Dwell and Coopdy.

It's hard to tell, but it's actually the Laser Blue. It shows up darker in the shade.

I'm really loving the car. The neat little things I didn't know about...
-3 flash auto-off turn signal
-aux audio jack underneath center console
-hidden compartment on passenger side
-small little mesh pocket on passenger side

RNinaMINI,

She's a beauty with the white molding all around. Hide your car from your newly engaged friends - they'll all want to borrow it for their wedding pictures!

Old 11-09-2008, 01:02 AM
wongtonsup
1st Gear
Sorry I missed your earlier post!

Originally Posted by sunset415
i am local in san francisco too, i see the OL my car is estimated delivery on 11/06. i see that we both order the mini at east bay mini. i was wondering if you had pay dealer mark up? i have seen east bay mini are charging $2000 dealer mark up fee.
I wound up paying $1000 dealer markup. I could have probably stood my ground, but oh well...it was still within my budget and I love my car.

I hope you've been able to pick up your car and enjoyed a nice leisurely 35 mile drive back into SF. Post your pics when you can!

Old 11-09-2008, 09:31 AM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Thanks Dwell and Coopdy.

It's hard to tell, but it's actually the Laser Blue. It shows up darker in the shade.

I'm really loving the car. The neat little things I didn't know about...
-3 flash auto-off turn signal
-aux audio jack underneath center console
-hidden compartment on passenger side
-small little mesh pocket on passenger side

RNinaMINI,

She's a beauty with the white molding all around. Hide your car from your newly engaged friends - they'll all want to borrow it for their wedding pictures!
Great wongtonsup! I love that color, my neighbor has it and it really is a chameleon in different lighting.

RNinaMINI, I too like the white all around, very classy.

So Dwell, looking forward to your pictures!

Old 11-09-2008, 09:54 AM
jimatvs
2nd Gear
Mine has been sitting at South Bay Mini in Torrance since Thursday night...Haven't been able to pick her up yet.

I did do a drive by yesterday to visit...I will take delivery Tuesday...can't wait!!!

Old 11-09-2008, 11:11 AM
chris.dg
1st Gear
Congrats! I also ordered from East Bay Mini. My MCCS was also aboard the Turandot with yours...unfortunately, no call from the MA yet, and the owner's lounge still shows my car at the VDC. :(

Old 11-09-2008, 02:39 PM
sunset415
Neutral
i got call from east bay mini on wendesday, and i call them saturday to pick up. so quick

Old 11-09-2008, 02:42 PM
sunset415
Neutral
I wound up paying $1000 dealer markup. I could have probably stood my ground, but oh well...it was still within my budget and I love my car.

I hope you've been able to pick up your car and enjoyed a nice leisurely 35 mile drive back into SF. Post your pics when you can!

i get pick up at saturday night, its only get 5 miles on the car, and when i get home, it shows 50 miles, haha

Old 11-09-2008, 05:23 PM
wongtonsup
1st Gear
Sorry to hear that!

Originally Posted by chris.dg
Congrats! I also ordered from East Bay Mini. My MCCS was also aboard the Turandot with yours...unfortunately, no call from the MA yet, and the owner's lounge still shows my car at the VDC. :(
I hope the call comes soon. Frankly I was surprised that I got the call so quickly. I was anticipating at least 1 week to get through the VDC and then another week at the dealership which would have put me into next week.

If you haven't done so yet, call your MA and see if they can get you any info about your car. While I hate to say this, please do check out the sticky for the Port Hueneme at the beginning of this forum. While I'm sure your car is fine, one of the causes of delays can be some issues with the car that may have happened during transport .

Best of luck and keep us posted on your progress!

Old 11-10-2008, 09:41 AM
chris.dg
1st Gear
I hope the call comes soon. Frankly I was surprised that I got the call so quickly. I was anticipating at least 1 week to get through the VDC and then another week at the dealership which would have put me into next week.

If you haven't done so yet, call your MA and see if they can get you any info about your car. While I hate to say this, please do check out the sticky for the Port Hueneme at the beginning of this forum. While I'm sure your car is fine, one of the causes of delays can be some issues with the car that may have happened during transport .

Best of luck and keep us posted on your progress!
When I contacted my MA, I was told that may car should arrive on Friday or Saturday. Claims it will take longer due to my sport stripes and driving lamps.

Sunset or wongtonsup: did either of you have any dealer installed options?

Old 11-10-2008, 09:50 AM
wongtonsup
1st Gear
When I contacted my MA, I was told that may car should arrive on Friday or Saturday. Claims it will take longer due to my sport stripes and driving lamps.

I had racing stripes and the factory rack installed. I asked for the mudflaps, but they forgot to do it so I installed them myself yesterday. It wasn't too bad (I have a thread about it elsewhere).

I can understand somewhat about the driving lamps. I wanted those too, but I understand there's alot of labor involved in getting those suckers installed.

I'm sure it'll look super-sweet when they finish. I really do like to look of the driving lamps.

Old 11-10-2008, 10:23 AM
Dwell
4th Gear
There are some great stories listed here. Glad to see everyone with smiles on their faces. I especially like the all white w/ white roof (im partial to white- go figure).

Got a call from my MA today- my car wasn't on the shipment this morning, but should be tonight. So off Tuesday to pick up my ride. Not a bad way to spend a Tuesday.

Old 11-10-2008, 03:47 PM
sunset415
Neutral

i had ordered the JCW strut Brace and Blackjack side scuttle. they did not, coz the part center was closed when pick up my car. so i had took off those options. i guess i will just buy these accessries from san francisco dealer to put on myself, since i am in this area.

Old 11-10-2008, 03:49 PM
sunset415
Neutral
I had racing stripes and the factory rack installed. I asked for the mudflaps, but they forgot to do it so I installed them myself yesterday. It wasn't too bad (I have a thread about it elsewhere).

I can understand somewhat about the driving lamps. I wanted those too, but I understand there's alot of labor involved in getting those suckers installed.

I'm sure it'll look super-sweet when they finish. I really do like to look of the driving lamps.

nice option on your car. by the way i found out that the car does not have jack at the back trunk usually it comes with new purchase. i called MA they said it is run flat tire, no need jack. I was wondering if your car comes with jack?

Old 11-10-2008, 05:36 PM
LindaPD
2nd Gear
I love seeing all your photos and I am totally frustrated about figuring how to put up my pics!!! I got Nellie ("Whoa, Nellie!") on Saturday and now she has 150 miles on her. I love how the instrument panel gives so much information about mileage, etc. I've already used my bluetooth & iPod adapter and really enjoy them. I like the wide visibility out the back window. So far I've had a very positive experience with the dealer in Mountain View.

Old 11-10-2008, 06:06 PM
LindaPD
2nd Gear

OK, Guys, This is what I've got so far. Got my photos uploaded but couldn't figure out how to get them from the gallery onto here very well.
Anyway, here are Nellie and I.

Old 11-10-2008, 11:40 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
LindaPD, great photo!! Glad that you were able to post. LOVE that color and the white viper stripes look great! Fun!

Old 11-11-2008, 10:05 AM
wwjd
1st Gear
I just got a call from my MA, he said he will have the MINI ready for delivery this Sat.. I forgot to ask him that DELIVERY means shipped the MINI to my house or what... And I called back but he wasn't there...
Anyone has any idea about MINI's DELIVERY since this is my first MINI....

Quick Reply: All Aboard the Turandot, departing 10-13-08!