1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All Aboard the Turandot, departing 10-13-08!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 10:10 AM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wwjd
I just got a call from my MA, he said he will have the MINI ready for delivery this Sat.. I forgot to ask him that DELIVERY means shipped the MINI to my house or what... And I called back but he wasn't there...
Anyone has any idea about MINI's DELIVERY since this is my first MINI....

My guess is that he means that it will be ready for you to pickup. You'll have to take care of all the paperwork, inspection and payment stuff at the dealer's.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:23 AM
wwjd
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Coopdy
My guess is that he means that it will be ready for you to pickup. You'll have to take care of all the paperwork, inspection and payment stuff at the dealer's.
thank you for reply, I guess the same thing,,,
but when I bought my porsche, they said DELIVERY that really did mean deliver to my house.
save my money from the taxi

Old 11-11-2008, 10:39 AM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by wwjd
thank you for reply, I guess the same thing,,,
but when I bought my porsche, they said DELIVERY that really did mean deliver to my house.
save my money from the taxi
What would I know about customer service like that...the last car I purchased was a Daewoo . Though I kept it for seven years and sold it because hubby bought a new car and I took his Honda, the Daewoo had been a good car and was still in really good shape. But, I'm done with Daewoos and want my MINI!

Old 11-11-2008, 04:52 PM
Dwell
4th Gear
not to slap those across the face who are still waiting, but picked up my mini today. nothing just smiles the whole way home. dropped off to a tint shop and that made it look 1000 times better (didnt think it was possible). outstanding car. this car moves. break in period rules are going to be tough.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:16 PM
wwjd
1st Gear
ok.... Finally, I will be able to pick up my baby on Sat. Now she's doing surgery... Good luck everybody.. Don't forget pics..

Old 11-11-2008, 08:41 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Dwell
not to slap those across the face who are still waiting, but
Thanks for the sensitivity for the rest of smucks . That is great to hear that you are really enjoying the car. What percent tint did you go with?

Old 11-11-2008, 08:54 PM
Dwell
4th Gear
Thanks for the sensitivity for the rest of smucks . That is great to hear that you are really enjoying the car. What percent tint did you go with?
LOL! You'll get yours soon enough. When you do, its all worth it.

I went 35%. Im PW/W and all black interior without a sunroof. So mine is pretty dark inside as is.

I dont want to get hassled like I did in my A4, which was 16%. That's hella dark at night.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:46 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
I'm thinking about the 35% as well, though In Seattle I'm adverse to blocking out sunshine, but there is the cool factor...

dwell, where are some pics to really gloat?

Old 11-12-2008, 08:26 AM
LindaPD
2nd Gear
So, what I'm finding is the hardest part of the break-in period is not using my cruise control. I guess I didn't realize how much I used that until they told me I shouldn't use it for 1,200 miles. Oh, well, I can live with that Ok, hate to be a downer here, but what I've noticed in the Mini is the bumpier ride than I'm used to. Could be I'm naive about being told it drives like a go-cart - well, what can I say, I never drove a go-cart, so didn't really know what to expect. Still and all, I've only been driving her 4 days and I DO love all the features about her.

Oh, another thing - I have the Convenience package and noticed the back wasn't locking when I hit my remote lock. Yesterday I discovered that I have to be out of range (10 feet?) in order for it to lock. More will be revealed.....

Old 11-12-2008, 08:49 AM
Dwell
4th Gear
I'm thinking about the 35% as well, though In Seattle I'm adverse to blocking out sunshine, but there is the cool factor...

dwell, where are some pics to really gloat?
im going to do a before and after set, since im ordering wheels today.

anyone else have this issue? hurrying to get ready in the morning so you can drive? lol. tired as hell usually, dont wanna get up....now all i can think about is that 20 min drive....

Old 11-12-2008, 09:07 AM
jimatvs
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by LindaPD
Oh, well, I can live with that Ok, hate to be a downer here, but what I've noticed in the Mini is the bumpier ride than I'm used to. Could be I'm naive about being told it drives like a go-cart - well, what can I say, I never drove a go-cart, so didn't really know what to expect.
I actually have found the ride quite smooth. I also have an MC with 15" wheels. It's a good thing you didn't go for run flats or an MCS (or a sport suspension for that matter)

Old 11-12-2008, 09:08 AM
jimatvs
2nd Gear
anyone else have this issue? hurrying to get ready in the morning so you can drive? lol. tired as hell usually, dont wanna get up....now all i can think about is that 20 min drive....
Yeah...I wanted that issue....had her dropped off at my work yesterday...drove her home...called in sick to work today. I was really looking forward to the morning commute!

Old 11-12-2008, 03:13 PM
LindaPD
2nd Gear
Yes, that's why I didn't get the run flat tires or other things - I had been informed about that.
But, don't get me wrong, I would reorder her in a minute! In fact, I just called friends and asked if I could come over just to get another drive in for the day!

Old 11-12-2008, 03:25 PM
nullstadt
1st Gear
My straggler is finally at the dealership...had to make the call myself to find out that it was, despite prior assurances that I would be contacted when it arrived. Hoping to get a look at it tonight, take delivery on Friday.

Glad everyone is enjoying their cars, we need to post more pics! I'll put some up after I take delivery...found it helpful to see other's cars when I was looking at colors/options and now I can return the favor.

Old 11-12-2008, 03:26 PM
wwjd
1st Gear
anyone know where I can get a Center Arm Rest? Or just order one and install it in the dealer? I just realize I forgot this option...
thanks.....

Old 11-12-2008, 05:19 PM
Dwell
4th Gear
Well , Coopdy tempted me, so here are some pictures. Im a photographer, so I apologize at the absolute brutal point and click madness (I didn't spend any time on these- just inside the garage pics), but the doctored photos are coming when I put black wheels on.

The drive home was a stop at the tint shop. I went 35%, but since I'm blacked out entirely on the interior, it gets darker than usual 35% tint.

White Roofer! We are few! We are proud!

I came out of Ralphs grocery store and this young punk slammed in to my Mini and f'ed up my badges!

Just kidding- I took the badges off. Me hates badges.

I love it without badges. Those who matter can tell what it is by the exhaust and hood scoop.

This car is ton of fun. Im very happy with it.

Thanks to all who helped with the wait! Maybe one day I'll see ya on the road!

Old 11-12-2008, 05:42 PM
wwjd
1st Gear
Well , Coopdy tempted me, so here are some pictures. Im a photographer, so I apologize at the absolute brutal point and click madness (I didn't spend any time on these- just inside the garage pics), but the doctored photos are coming when I put black wheels on.

The drive home was a stop at the tint shop. I went 35%, but since I'm blacked out entirely on the interior, it gets darker than usual 35% tint.

White Roofer! We are few! We are proud!

I came out of Ralphs grocery store and this young punk slammed in to my Mini and f'ed up my badges!

Just kidding- I took the badges off. Me hates badges.

I love it without badges. Those who matter can tell what it is by the exhaust and hood scoop.

This car is ton of fun. Im very happy with it.

Thanks to all who helped with the wait! Maybe one day I'll see ya on the road!
thank you for sharing....
white w. white looks really nice...
I chose the same color combo as yours as well, but finally I changed my mind since I haven't seem any white w. white on the road..
again, she looks really pretty than I expected
Congrat!!!

I still have 3 days more away from my mini....

Old 11-12-2008, 05:53 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Hot, hot, hot dwell!! So slick and uber clean, esp w/o the badges.

Thanks for sharing the MINI ****, it will help me get through the next 44 hrs.

So I gotta ask...Nikon or Canon...

Old 11-12-2008, 06:01 PM
Dwell
4th Gear
Hot, hot, hot dwell!! So slick and uber clean, esp w/o the badges.

Thanks for sharing the MINI ****, it will help me get through the next 44 hrs.

So I gotta ask...Nikon or Canon...
HAhaha. "Mini ****!" LOL!!!

Canon. From day one!

Old 11-12-2008, 07:32 PM
CJ727
1st Gear
I picked up my mini on Saturday... I, too, had to call to find out whether or not my mini had made it to the dealership (Mini of Mountain View). I am pretty sure that my MA would not have called me to notify me (disappointing). Glad I finally have it though.. Absolutely love my car! Here are some pics.. post more after I wash it.

Just some photo fun...

Old 11-12-2008, 08:05 PM
nullstadt
1st Gear
Dwell, that white/white looks great, and the JCW kit looks good too...question on the wheel arches, did you have the option to have them painted or no?

Old 11-13-2008, 10:27 AM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Canon. From day one!
Oh, too bad . My sis in law shoots professionally and also is in the Canon camp so what do I know. If I didn't have the investment of glass/etc in Nikon I'd likely go with Canon.

CJ727 nice ride! Is that Astro Black or the new black? You'll have to include a pic of the rear pillars, are they silver? Congrats and enjoy!

I have a new solution for dealing with the incredibly tense days in wait of picking up ones MINI (willing to market as well): just schedule a very intense exam the same day before picking up the car. I'm torn between wanting more time for the exam and picking up the car! It has helped with dealing with the delay in receiving him/her though . Patent Pending, all rights reserved.

Old 11-13-2008, 11:04 AM
CJ727
1st Gear
Mine is Astro black... I was hesitant about the silver c-pillars at first but after picking up my mini it doesn't bother me as much as it did. I am going to get them painted to match the body color ASAP though.

Old 11-13-2008, 11:54 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by CJ727
Mine is Astro black... I was hesitant about the silver c-pillars at first but after picking up my mini it doesn't bother me as much as it did. I am going to get them painted to match the body color ASAP though.
Yeah I think it would have been nice to have more color choices in the pillars, but I can say that now since my decision making is done -- many nights spent making changes!

I think that the all black will look great! I think I've heard others call them a little hearse then , but I have fond memories of a tricked out Porsche (I believe) modded to be hearse like in "Harold and Maude." Awesome movie and awesome car!

Old 11-14-2008, 04:13 AM
Surfink
4th Gear
The tricked out hearse was a Jaguar XKE.Great looking though!

Quick Reply: All Aboard the Turandot, departing 10-13-08!