1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All Aboard the Turandot, departing 10-13-08!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 09:04 AM
nullstadt
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All Aboard the Turandot, departing 10-13-08!

Any other Pacific/Mountain time Minis traveling on this ship? Hopefully November 2nd gets here quickly...

Old 10-13-2008, 09:34 AM
RNinaMINI
1st Gear
wooohooo. I'm on board with you. I just found out this morning.

Can't wait for Nov. 2. Hopefully I get mine sooner cuz Port Huaneme is only 72 miles away from my dealership.

Now, that I know the date its coming, I better start looking for financing.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:15 AM
nullstadt
1st Gear
Looks like attendance is pretty light...I'm only aware of one other person on with us (Coopdy). Maybe that means we'll get through the VDC quicker!

Old 10-14-2008, 12:03 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
I'm here -- sorry was sunning on the Ledo deck. Enjoying the fresh breeze (sat at the dock for 11 days) and am enjoying the track around the tophouse.

I guess our next place to check the vessel status is at the Panama Canal and I hear that there is a webcam so we can actually see the vessel going through at that time. I was bummed I missed seeing the boat at Southhampton, boring Board Meeting happened at the same time which made the Board meeting even harder to endure.

I'm in Washington so I'll still have a little bit of wait for the MINI once s/he arrives, but I'm truly excited (though I have heard that mine does not have the Anthracite HL as ordered...).

Old 10-15-2008, 10:41 AM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Here's our boat:
http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shi...html?call=SGBA

The call sign is SGBA. She's underway and heading our way! (Okay so she has a bit of travels but at least she's underway).

Old 10-15-2008, 01:24 PM
nullstadt
1st Gear
That's excellent...I had looked for it earlier, and it looked like it hadn't updated for a few months, so I wasn't expecting to be able to see it on this trip. Thanks for taking a look and letting us know.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:15 PM
Dwell
4th Gear
Sorry if i repeat myself (multiple thread confusion), but Im on this boat. Can we bribe the captain to gun it and just ram through the Panama Canal? Time is of the essence!

Old 10-15-2008, 10:43 PM
wongtonsup
1st Gear
Just got the email today from my MA that I'm also on the Turandot. I can't believe it's on the way...I figure the rest of Oct is just going to crawl for me.

Old 10-15-2008, 11:18 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Welcome dwell & wongtonsup, you guys and RNinaMINI are the lucky ones on the boat as you live in CA you'll surely be getting your car before the rest of us. No ramming through the Panama Canal, just been reading about it and what a feat (and on a somber note, 30,000 + lives lost during the construction).

But bring on those MINIs and I'm game for pooling bribes for the Cptn to step it up to get across that Atlantic! Am I the only Clubbie on the boat?!

Old 10-16-2008, 12:02 AM
nullstadt
1st Gear
I think you may be the only Clubman...I'd read that Mini was short on Clubman anthracite headliners, are you affected by that?

Old 10-16-2008, 08:59 AM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by nullstadt
I think you may be the only Clubman...I'd read that Mini was short on Clubman anthracite headliners, are you affected by that?
There is no definitive answer yet and we may not know until it arrives. One ASK MINI rep said that it was only those built 9/01-9/30 (mine was built 10/01), but my MA says its not showing on the order currently, so l would be surprised to see it. If not, I will opt for the choice of having it added when the parts arrive. I like this option because that means I'll be motoring a lot sooner than a reorder!

Old 10-16-2008, 10:59 AM
CJ727
1st Gear
Woohoo! My baby (also a clubman) is aboard the Turandot.. I cannot wait until November.

Old 10-16-2008, 11:53 AM
micheleg
Neutral
I'm on Turandot too!

Just found out I'm on the same ship. Will take some additional time coming from Port Hueneme, CA to my dealer in Portland, OR. Need to start thinking about naming my new MINI!

Old 10-16-2008, 01:46 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Welcome CJ727 & micheleg! Tell us about your MINIs -- it helps us pass the time on the boat.

Whoot another Clubman. Will it be staying in the Portland area? I'm surprised how rare Clubmans still are in Seattle.

Old 10-16-2008, 04:17 PM
micheleg
Neutral
I'm a laser blue, mini cooper s, black stripes and hardtop, leather punch carbon black, interior piano black, chrome line interior, convenience package, cold weather package, premium package, center armrest, xenon, navigation, white turn signals, and union jack scuttles.

I'm the 5th mini cooper to take residence in our condo building!

Old 10-16-2008, 04:21 PM
CJ727
1st Gear
No.. not in Portland. In the Bay Area actually. I have seen a few (5-6) Clubman's in the Bay Area.

I am soooo excited. My baby is astro-black (with silver c-pillars which I am hoping I can get painted astro-black to match body base color) standard transmission base clubman, xenon headlights, fog lights, checkered cloth sports seats, convenience/premium package. Looking for after market rims/gps...
Still toying with some names...

I spent a lot of time deciding whether or not I made the right decision to get a base clubman rather than the S. Does anyone know if the hood of the S is compatible with the base model?

It's nice to find a place where people are just as excited about their cars as I am about getting mine . I think everyone around me is getting tired of my countdown.

Old 10-18-2008, 04:32 PM
mr-wrong
Neutral
Hello Folks:

I am also on the Turandot and eagerly awaiting the arrival of a pepper white Clubman S. This one is bound for the L.A. / Ontario area.

Old 10-18-2008, 04:40 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Welcome mr-wrong!

Our next big checkpoint looks like Oct 25th when the Turandot hits the Panama Canal. Then 8 days after that our MINIs should be at port, wahoo!

Last edited by Coopdy; 10-18-2008 at 11:18 PM.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:13 PM
Dwell
4th Gear
So last night Im at home watching A Perfect Storm. Just as things are getting pretty hairy, there is a cargo ship getting nailed by an enormous wave and about 30 cargo boxes go swooping over the side into the ocean. All I could think about is my Mini sinking to the bottom of the Atlantic.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:15 PM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Dwell
So last night Im at home watching A Perfect Storm. Just as things are getting pretty hairy, there is a cargo ship getting nailed by an enormous wave and about 30 cargo boxes go swooping over the side into the ocean. All I could think about is my Mini sinking to the bottom of the Atlantic.

Someone throw my MINI a life preserver!

How is everyone holding up? OR am I just projecting?

Old 10-19-2008, 06:23 AM
renwickvh2
1st Gear
Company

OK,Thumpr has company,he is also on the Turandot.What a long drawn out process,from putting money down to get on a waiting list to even order,to this point.Check this out,sold my 1 ton Dodge crew cab and now will be running in Thumpr,quite a life style change,don't need the truck anymore and when family and friends ask why a Mini my comment is (Drive One)Thumpr is on his way to PDX.Sounds like I need to check on my headliner though. Clubman S BRG/BLK,blk bonnet strips,3 pkgs available,HC lounge leather,chrome line int,arm rest,Anthr.headliner,Hi Fi,Satil.,Alarm,Oak MF wheel and Int,Nav.Z headlamps. Window tint,additional strips,perforated vinyl on dual sunroof and 3-M installed at 503 motoring in town.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:37 PM
renwickvh2
1st Gear
Well hello micheleg Sounds like thumpr will buddy up with your to be named new arrival on the transport from LA to PDX. Clubby S BRG/BLK,Aero,BLK Strips,3pkgs,Oak Int,Oak MF wheel,Alarm,Armrest,leather lounge HC,Anthracite,Nav,Hi Fi,Sat,.

Old 10-21-2008, 09:49 AM
BritGreenClub
Neutral
Hello to all. My green Mini Clubman is also on the boat heading to California. I am hoping for an arrival in Denver by Thanksgiving! Let's see - ordered on 8/25 with original estimate of a spring arrival - so we are still pretty excited and scrambling for financing with the "early" arrival.

We are still trying to figure out if we should do tires for life and the extended warranty. Any thoughts??

Good luck to all with the waiting!

Old 10-21-2008, 09:58 AM
Coopdy
4th Gear
Welcome BritGreenClub. If my husband had his say in colors, I too would be waiting on a BRG Clubman, they are beautiful! I would think that a delivery by Thanksgiving would be more than doable!

Personally I am not choosing any of the extended warranties off the bat. Prior to the three year expiration I may elect to get both warranties: service and mechanical, but have no plans to insure the tires as I am looking forward to the runflats dying so I can replace with non runflats. Just my $.02.

Old 10-25-2008, 03:02 PM
nullstadt
1st Gear
Anyone check to see if the boat has gone thru the Panama Canal yet?

Quick Reply: All Aboard the Turandot, departing 10-13-08!