1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

At Last!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 09:39 PM
bfulgham
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At Last!

After longing for a mini for the past four years (driving my neighbor's, designing my perfect car on the Mini website, and reading this website) I finally pulled the trigger!

My 9-year old SUV had finally reached the point where its repair costs were getting higher than its street value, our cars were paid off, and I needed reliable, economical transportation in a hurry.

So I cruised over to the closest Mini dealer, asked to see the cheapest model they had in stock, and was out the door in about an hour with a 2008 just-a-cooper. The model they had included several nice features (a sports package, bluetooth support, sunroof, hi-fi stereo), and was just about the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. All this for about the same price as the Honda Civic I was also considering. What a huge difference in the fit and finish, and options included.

I went back and looked at my Mini design. I had (of course) selected the MCS, in blue, but other than those differences the Mini that fate plopped in my lap was pretty much exactly what I wanted. I don't think there's much I would have selected had I specified everything myself. Well, perhaps I would have added rally lights...

These cars seem to be made with the sole purpose of making you happy while you drive. My 40 mile (one-way) commute is now the high point of my day!

-Brent

Old 10-18-2008, 02:51 AM
Red Dragoon
6th Gear
Congrats on your sweet ride. I bought mine right off the lot too and am convinced that nothing beats instant gratification. Your PW/B with the racing stripes on the bonnet looks awesome. And I think the grin will only get wider the more you motor. Welcome to NAM and the MINIverse.

Old 10-18-2008, 03:11 AM
Silverbullit
6th Gear
Welcome to NAM from Middle Georgia Minis!! I hope you have many trouble free miles and many new adventures along the way. If your ever in middle Georgia look us up, we are in the club forum.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:57 AM
bfulgham
Neutral
Red Dragoon: Thanks for the welcome! Your Mini has almost the exact same color scheme as my neighbor's (though his is a first gen). He's a fireman, so the red color is perfect for him (and looks awesome). And as all firemen are good people, he was very kind letting me try out his mini. Mini didn't realize it, but they had made a sale right then (it just took a few years to materialize).

I haven't washed my car in years (I always just let nature take care of it for me), but I have already been in the driveway washing and polishing after only a week of ownership.

Old 10-18-2008, 12:02 PM
bfulgham
Neutral
Silverbullit: Thanks -- I am learning a lot from these forums. I'm on the west coast, so probably won't be in your neck of the woods (or at least, not with my own car) but thanks for the hospitality.

A great new feature of my Mini: It turned my relatively short driveway into a two-car (or one SUV, one Mini) parking lot. Nice!