1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MINIs through COSTCO

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008 | 02:50 PM
Mini2na
|
6th Gear
MINIs through COSTCO

I just saw a new '09 sitting outside our local COSTCO. This is the first time I've heard that they are offered through the Auto Buying Program. For those of you just starting the purchase process, or considering it you might want to look into it. I've not heard of a discount on a MINI.

If someone looks into it, let everyone know what you find out.

Old 10-18-2008 | 03:10 PM
minihune
OVERDRIVE - Racing Champion
Originally Posted by Mini2na
I just saw a new '09 sitting outside our local COSTCO. This is the first time I've heard that they are offered through the Auto Buying Program. For those of you just starting the purchase process, or considering it you might want to look into it. I've not heard of a discount on a MINI.

If someone looks into it, let everyone know what you find out.
Costco has strict guidelines and rules to adhere to when it works with a dealership of any sort. When the rules are not met, Costco will stop the agreement/association.

I saw a new MINI at my Costco earlier this year. I inquired at my dealership. It was confirmed that for older MINIs (not the clubman) there was a $500 discount off of whatever the price would be (some markup for interior and exterior add ons).

After a short time the Costco plan was stopped/ terminated by the dealership. Demand was high enough there was no reason to continue.

The amount of discount or Costco price will vary with each region and with dealerships. It is renegotiated on a regular basis. For high demand cars you can get some models discounted and others not applicable. Good example would be Honda Civics get small discount or MSRP and Civic Si or Hybrid gets no discount. The costco price is non negotiable- it's a flat rate for members. Usually each dealership gets one sales person to handle Costco sales and at some dealerships (not MINI) that person does only Costco sales.

Old 10-21-2008 | 02:29 PM
hyzenthlay
1st Gear
We asked Costco last weekend (Oct 11) before we ordered through the dealership. Answer was no, and not likely to happen anywhere in the southwest at all.

Old 10-22-2008 | 07:51 PM
siggiS
2nd Gear
I actually called the Costco Buyer Program and was told that only 3 dealerships are doing it. Portland, Oregon is one of them. I guess best thing to do is, call them up and find out who the other two are.

Old 10-24-2008 | 03:16 PM
sequence
6th Gear
Big Box MINI

Im really struggling with the notion or even fact really that COSTCO can sell MINIs just seems to reduce the whole motoring experience to that of blatant big-box consumerism, IMO

Can U get the COSTCO logo on a grille badge? Maybe they'll throw one in with every purchase

Old 10-27-2008 | 08:18 AM
Rainforest_Elf
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by siggiS
I actually called the Costco Buyer Program and was told that only 3 dealerships are doing it. Portland, Oregon is one of them. I guess best thing to do is, call them up and find out who the other two are.

Wow, that's pretty lucky for me... I really appreciate this tip. Anyone know what the discount is or how you even go about starting the process? Just go into costco, build the car and then show that to your dealership??

Old 10-27-2008 | 09:32 AM
siggiS
2nd Gear
I would call the Costco Buyer Program to get all the info you need. Good Luck! Please let us know how much you'll save. I am interest to know.

Old 10-27-2008 | 11:01 AM
Greatbear
Moderator :: Performance Mods
I cant help but have a vision of MINIs being sold shrinkwrapped together in pairs at Costco like so many things sold there.

Old 10-27-2008 | 11:27 AM
sequence
6th Gear
good one GB. Now I have that vision...

Old 10-27-2008 | 11:53 AM
Need
4th Gear
Originally Posted by siggiS
I just came back from Portland, and those Portlanders love Mini's. There were tons of them around. I wish I was driving mine and not the rental.

Old 10-27-2008 | 12:09 PM
Rainforest_Elf
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Greatbear
I cant help but have a vision of MINIs being sold shrinkwrapped together in pairs at Costco like so many things sold there.
Hahaha am I going to have to do the walk of shame if I buy my Mini through Costco!?!

Old 10-27-2008 | 04:23 PM
sequence
6th Gear
nah, no way. I just dont know of many Nammers that have purchased thru the Big Box. Y'll just be kinda unique, that's all.