1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New owner of a MINI; new member

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 12:30 PM
mishlin
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello there,

I picked up my Cooper S in July (that was a LONG and anxious wait ) and I'm truly smitten.

I've had a few people (prospective buyers) ask questions about my MINI, some I'm not able to answer. So, I did a search and stumbled upon this place with a wealth of information.

I'm highly overwhelmed so I suspect I'll be doing quite a bit of reading, searching, etc.

Thanks

Old 10-24-2008, 12:38 PM
mike and his mini
3rd Gear
Welcome to NAM. This place is an excellent source of information and will prove to be very helpful. It has for me!

Old 10-24-2008, 12:41 PM
carjoy
6th Gear
Welcome to NAM! You'll find a lot of useful information here. You'll have to tell us what kind of MCS you have!

Old 10-24-2008, 12:53 PM
mishlin
Neutral
Thank you for the welcome

My MCS is solid black (no bonnet stripes, etc) with the piano black interior, dual sunroof, heated seats, media connect (what a handy little thing) and DSC (I haven't tried that out yet).

I've recently come to realize that there is a true MINI art when it comes to accessorizing, I don't think my MINI is finished quite yet

Thanks again

Old 10-24-2008, 12:57 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to the club! Don't be afraid of the denizen...we really don't bite. Much.

For more info and more community type stuff, I suggest you look into joining your local MINI Motoring Club. Not only can you find good info (if they're mechanically inclined), but you can also get the scoop on really fun roads!

And, lastly, don't forget to start your OCMD - Obsessive Compulsive MINI Disorder. Just do a thread-search for OCMD and you'll see what I mean!

Old 10-24-2008, 03:20 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Welcome mishlin! I think you'll find in unexpectedly good company here!

Happy Motoring!

Old 10-27-2008, 06:37 AM
Lil Blue Coop/Mini Rose
5th Gear
Hey Mishlin, Congrats on the new Mini and Welcome from North Carolina.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:10 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mishlin
I'm highly overwhelmed
Welcome to NAM....yes, if it's info you want there is tons of it here!!! In my view, NAM remains the closest thing we have to a national MINI club, so along w/ the info, feel free to jump into off-topic and such. MINI owners are as fun and diverse as the cars they drive, especially when one gets a view of the national scene.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:46 AM
Angus2008
Neutral
Welcome aboard I am a newbie as well

Hey Mish like i stated in the title welcome aboard I am new to this as well. My brother, who influenced me to join this group, has done some truley amazing things to his Mini. There is so much knowledge and Know how on this site it can be overwhelming. Everyone seems to be very eager to help one another out. I am glad I joined this site too. Take care man.

I picked up my Cooper S in July (that was a LONG and anxious wait ) and I'm truly smitten.

I've had a few people (prospective buyers) ask questions about my MINI, some I'm not able to answer. So, I did a search and stumbled upon this place with a wealth of information.

I'm highly overwhelmed so I suspect I'll be doing quite a bit of reading, searching, etc.

Thanks [/quote]

Old 10-27-2008, 05:45 PM
LindaPD
2nd Gear
Hi Everyone,

I'm anxiously awaiting for my MINI to arrive Sunday. She just went through the Panama Canal today on the Turandot. She's an MC, Oxygen Blue w/white top, white sport stripes. I ordered the Bluetooth with an iPod adapter, so then I 'had to' go out and buy an iPod! Sometimes I just do things backwards.

I also own a 2003 blue PT Cruiser and belong to a local PT Cruiser car club.

I live in San Jose CA.

THANKS for all your tips regarding the MINI - it helped me to be able to track her down

LindaPD

Old 10-27-2008, 06:07 PM
Angus2008
Neutral
Welcome aboard also Linda

Hey Linda,
Welcome to being a MINI owner the engineering that went into these vehicles is remarkable. Back in 03 I went and test drove one and ordered one that same day. It took me 8 months to get mine and it was like watching a new creation take life. It is neat to track where your car is going through the process. Good Luck with your new MINi.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:11 PM
LindaPD
2nd Gear
Wow, 8 months! Makes me grateful to have to wait only 2 months. But sometimes this feels like 8!!

I see from the tracking that she is just approaching outside of Mexico.
Keep on keepin' on, little MINIs!!

Old 10-30-2008, 07:29 PM
Angus2008
Neutral
To Linda

Hey if you don't mind me asking Linda what kinda deal did you get on your mini?

Old 10-30-2008, 08:29 PM
LindaPD
2nd Gear
Hey Angus,

Deal?? No deal that I know of. Basically, my sales girl said, "Put $1,000 down, order the car, and when it comes in, if you have changed your mind, we'll refund your $1,000." Then she listed what it would all cost. Easy in, easy out. I figured it was a different deal (basically, no haggling) when 80-85% of the cars are custom orders. Of course, I have been known to be a sucker dealing with purchases in the past.

Did you get 'a deal'?

Old 11-02-2008, 09:46 AM
Angus2008
Neutral
No haggle

Hey Linda,
Yeah when I bought mine back in 03 I went into the dealership and tried to haggle....... the guy told me there is no haggling and that I could try another dealership to see if there is a better deal which there wasn't. I was just wondering if anything has changed in the past few years with the process of purchasing the Minis. Thanks Linda,

Old 11-03-2008, 05:06 PM
WICHES
Neutral

Hi all. I picked up my Clubman (electric blue, tuscan interior, silver stripes, Union Jack on mirrors) on 10/10 - ordered it 06/23 - and was thrilled to finally get to drive off in it. I've wanted a Mini since I first saw one in the '70's - I just can't drive stick shift so had to wait for automatic.

Big learning curve driving as I've been in Excursions for the past 8 years. I love everything about my MINI - great fun to drive - and park!!!!

My license plate says WITCHES. I have and show Norwich Terriers which explains the plate.

Attached Images  
Old 11-03-2008, 09:46 PM
LindaPD
2nd Gear
Nancy,

Hopefully, more people will give up their Excursions for MINIs.

Love your license plate. Until I get more creative, mine will be MINI(star)LD. LD is for my initials.

Enjoy your MINI!