1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 S/9 days young

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 07:31 PM
Malchic
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 S/9 days young

Hi - I'm new to the club. Still trying to drive my way around. But I wanted to introduce myself and my new Mini S which is 9 days old. We're having a lot of fun! I've attached a picture. So far mostly clear sailing but I think I'm having a problem with the on board computer. I had it set to Actual MPG, and while I was driving it went ahead and changed itself to Average MGP. Then the radio, which was configured to 12 stations, changed to all one station. Hmmm. Anyway, it's great to see other Mini's and hope to meet up with all of you someday!

Attached Thumbnails 2009 S/9 days young-img_0218.jpg  
Old 11-09-2008, 12:40 PM
Gromit801
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to NAM. It's too late for you now.

Old 11-09-2008, 01:54 PM
futuremini
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome and good color choice!

Old 11-09-2008, 02:09 PM
Spice Orange JCW
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Malchic
Hi - I'm new to the club. Still trying to drive my way around. But I wanted to introduce myself and my new Mini S which is 9 days old. We're having a lot of fun! I've attached a picture. So far mostly clear sailing but I think I'm having a problem with the on board computer. I had it set to Actual MPG, and while I was driving it went ahead and changed itself to Average MGP. Then the radio, which was configured to 12 stations, changed to all one station. Hmmm. Anyway, it's great to see other Mini's and hope to meet up with all of you someday!

Sounds like you changed key fobs. When I first got mine the dealer programed all the features for me while we sat in the car. When I left the dealer for my hour and a half ride home I noticed nothing was set right anymore. What had happened is that on the ride home I had both key fobs in the car and the Mini was reading off of the other one. I am not sure if your dealer explained this, but you can give the other key fob to another driver. When they use it the radio, Auto A/C settings and compter settings will be remembered for that key fob. When you use yours it will change back to the way it was the last time you used it. Somehow I think you switched key fobs.

Old 11-09-2008, 04:07 PM
swflaboy
4th Gear
Congrats on your new MINI. Had mine just a day less than you and still learning all the little details and quirks and loving every minute of it.

Old 11-10-2008, 11:34 PM
wearlaz
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Malchic
Congratulations! For sure, your problems sound like you switched key fobs (they can each be set for different options.) I had a VERY similar problem with my Clubman and was about 2 miles from arriving at the dealership to get it "fixed" when I realized what I had done

Old 11-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Malchic
Neutral
2009 - Problem solved

Ahhh! This is why I joined the club! This makes perfect sense as I did start to drive around with the other keyfob. That's when everything started happening. I was beginning to wonder if the car was possessed. Thanks everyone! You know, if I had known how great the Mini is, I would have bought one a long time ago. See you on the road!