1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member, maybe a new owner !!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008 | 08:04 AM
fredbike
|
Neutral
New member, maybe a new owner !!!

Good day everyone,

I m not really good in english since it s not my first language....sorry if my writing is not perfect !

I bought my first mini in 2002 and I really loved it, I wasn t able to buy the cooper s since I was on a tight budget...but I still had tons of fun !

5 years ago I bought a 1969 cooper s for lapping, It was an old gt5 class car that did pretty much every GP in Quebec...tremblant, trois-rivieres even montreal. It was the funniest car to drive ever but way too much maintenance, so I decided to get rid of it before loosing my mind.

I bought a month ago my truck from a dealer in the states and realized that it s a lot cheaper to buy cars from you instead of trying to get one in Canada. Actully it s not that hard neither...

I was looking to buy a car that is reliable enought to use it as a daily driver ( even in the winter ) without too many trouble and still be able to use it on a track now and then.

My choice were either an old mini with a vtec engine ( for easy maintenance ) or a used recent mini that s been modified already for this purpose. I v seen a couple that shoud do the work in the for sale section. I m not rich but I understand what it s worth, I use to drive an SRT-4 as my daily / trac car and I end it up with more than what the car is worth to be able tu use it without any convenience

Please fell free to give me any comments

I m looking forward to hear from you and maybe help me in my decision.

Thanks

again sorry if my english is not perfect

Fred

Old 11-21-2008 | 05:39 PM
Jankjo
2nd Gear
Hey Fred,
I can't really help you with your decision, but welcome to NAM.
Hopefully someone else around here will have some answers.

Old 11-22-2008 | 10:53 AM
fredbike
|
Neutral
Thanks so far my best choice is this one :

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=111018

does anyone have seen the car or know the guy ?

I need to get the car ship in canada so I won t be able to see it before...

feel free to give me you opinion !