1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good Day! from a new member

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008 | 05:01 AM
970S
|
Neutral
Good Day! from a new member

Good Day all!

My name is Randy and I live in Mesa AZ. I own both a classic mini (65 970S) and an 05 MCS. Started racing sedans in SCCA 1966. Started with a Fiat Abarth 1000OT, then an NSU TTS, then a Mini 1275S, and lastly, a Shelby GT350. When sedans got too slow..lol! I moved into sports racers and campaigned DSR Lola. Retired from SCCA racing in 1969 to raise a family. After suffering withdrawal from lack of racing; I began to play around with local auto-crosses and then SCCA Solo I, and II, and some hill climbs such as Pikes Peak and other HC's in Colorado.

Two years ago I retired from gainful employment and moved to Mesa AZ where I live in a gated retirement community and fill my winter days on the tennis courts and competitive pistol shooting. I have been trying to find a local MC club that would be interested in putting on some classic style TSD(Time , Speed, Distance) road rallies. I have had zero results.....seems everyone like SPEED, and to hell with the time and distance..lol!

Anyway, it's good to be aboard

Cheers,
Randy