1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will that go together?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 08:53 AM
SaltNPepa
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will that go together?

While trying to pick color combos for my next MINI I discovered the UK MINI site lets you make images with the different options you select show what the stuff will look like together on the outside and inside.
http://www.mini.co.uk/html/ecom/ecom.html

Old 12-01-2008, 11:30 AM
STLMINI
6th Gear
This designer prefers the black headliner with the interior and wood accents. I might check and see what some other color-line options look like since the white clashes with the tan leather(ette).

Old 12-01-2008, 02:01 PM
DChap
5th Gear
get the black headliner.

Old 12-01-2008, 02:15 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree in those renderings the dark headliner looks best...but I'm not convinced in everyday driving it will matter. You have a white roof, right? That effects the look of the whole package that one can seldom get from isolated views.

My interior is dark.....black and English Oak. Anthracite should look good, right? But.....there is a lot of silver in the interior, too, given the speedo/tach and the rest. And my car is OB/W....pretty bright and cheery. In light of this I went with the lighter headliner and it works great!!! A dark headliner would look out of place overall. In your case you have more of the lighter accents (tan leather/white colorline), so yeah, a darker headliner might be a nice counter-balance.

Good luck deciding what is right for you. Obviously MINI is going to great lengths to make this decision process easier, but one must still employ significant imagination when it comes down to determining the vibe of the car in it's entirety. Either way, it'll drive great!!!

Old 12-01-2008, 02:28 PM
SaltNPepa
4th Gear
Originally Posted by STLMINI
This designer prefers the black headliner with the interior and wood accents. I might check and see what some other color-line options look like since the white clashes with the tan leather(ette).
The only other line is blue which I think will be to much. I really like the light inside and it will make the car different from our current mini which has the standard leatherette but I do think the arms in the cream is a bit off. I also wonder how hard it will be to keep clean.