1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All Aboard TRAVIATA, Departing 12/15/08

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009 | 02:38 PM
reidbaty
Neutral
My Clubman was scheduled for arrival at the dealer 1/10 - but apparently missed the truck. It has been rescheduled for 1/19 monday. *fingers crossed for no more delays*

Old 01-21-2009 | 05:10 PM
devlynaskurt
2nd Gear
green w/envy

i'm so jealous of all of you who have received your MINIs. i know mine is somewhere on this island and i can have her the same day that she's delivered to the dealership. i went in this past saturday to get all the paperwork squared away so that i can just pick her up when she's ready, and i've dreamed about her every night since!

however, i shouldn't complain, especially when there's one of you whose order was done wrong and has to start over again.

Old 01-21-2009 | 05:33 PM
iNetMANN
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by devlynaskurt
i'm so jealous of all of you who have received your MINIs. i know mine is somewhere on this island and i can have her the same day that she's delivered to the dealership. i went in this past saturday to get all the paperwork squared away so that i can just pick her up when she's ready, and i've dreamed about her every night since!

however, i shouldn't complain, especially when there's one of you whose order was done wrong and has to start over again.
Well think of it this way:
Yes we have ours, but look at the weather you'll be driving around in all year around while many of us won't be seeing those temps for MONTHS!!!

But then again, I've almost hit enough miles to go into SPORT mode and when I do...

Houston we have ignition!!!

Old 01-21-2009 | 07:42 PM
devlynaskurt
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by iNetMANN
Well think of it this way:
Yes we have ours, but look at the weather you'll be driving around in all year around while many of us won't be seeing those temps for MONTHS!!!

But then again, I've almost hit enough miles to go into SPORT mode and when I do...

Houston we have ignition!!
*lol* thank you for that gracious reminder to be appreciative of what i do have, and not to be so bratty about something i'm soon to have just because its keys are not already in my grubby little paws!

you all may laugh, but we've been having a bit of a cold spell for the last few weeks. we're used to what we call, in the local dialect, "tee shert en shawts" (t-shirt and shorts) weather, which is around 85 plus degrees. lately, we've all been shivering in sweaters and long pants because it's....wait for it....73 degrees during the day and 64 degrees at night.

...okay, you all hate me now.

Old 01-21-2009 | 08:40 PM
iNetMANN
2nd Gear
we've all been shivering in sweaters and long pants because it's....wait for it....73 degrees during the day and 64 degrees at night.

...okay, you all hate me now.
No, but I think Karma just delayed your MINI another day!

Old 01-21-2009 | 08:52 PM
User 051420
|
3rd Gear
Who has the highest mileage, so far?
I'm at 1700 miles and counting!

Old 01-22-2009 | 08:05 AM
PatM
6th Gear
My wife is not even close. She has about 600 miles now and it is her daily driver. We drive my goat when she is not working and were doing things together. She lets the MINI sit.

That won't be true when I get my car. The goat will sit and the MINI will motor.

Pat

Old 01-22-2009 | 03:30 PM
devlynaskurt
2nd Gear
No, but I think Karma just delayed your MINI another day!
besides the three month wait-post order bcs of the sport package, there was a one year lag between the first time i walked into the dealership and when i placed my order. the first MA i worked with totally turned me off and i didn't come back until september 2008 after shooting an email to the the sales manager. he assigned me another MA whom i find much more knowledgeable about the car and didn't treat me like an idjit. the first MA actually had the cojones to show me a search of internet prices on the mainland (all above MSRP) as if to say i was getting a deal paying MSRP. um, hello? i had told her i was a NAM member--and i know the Hawaii NAM members all paid MSRP. another example of her dunderheadedness: one week she said piano black was easy to care for; the following week, when she was trying to get me to buy a floor model that didn't have piano black, she said customers complained it got dirty and scratched up easily. what a tool! in contrast, my MA is already like a trusted family friend.

(Mark Ikehara, you are the bomb diggity, if you ever read this!!!)

so, karma has smiled and allowed me to pick my cutie up today. i'm leaving the office in less than an hour to get her, in fact!

Old 01-23-2009 | 06:25 PM
iNetMANN
2nd Gear
so, karma has smiled and allowed me to pick my cutie up today. i'm leaving the office in less than an hour to get her, in fact!
So? Are you gonna show us your Pepper or not???

Old 01-26-2009 | 04:47 PM
devlynaskurt
2nd Gear
So? Are you gonna show us your Pepper or not???

just put a pic of domina and me in my siggy! taken at ala moana beach park on oahu, which is not far from waikiki.

we picked her up thursday afternoon. friday morning, just before taking the pic you now see in my sig, we had put on 35 miles. last night, the odometer showed 230 miles...