1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Obsessed!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 08:27 AM
FrankiePR
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks! How about the Hi-Fi a then replacing speakers on that? Seems silly i know, but then you get 10 slots to fill up....

Old 01-22-2009, 08:39 AM
cameroon
4th Gear
Originally Posted by FrankiePR
Thanks! How about the Hi-Fi a then replacing speakers on that? Seems silly i know, but then you get 10 slots to fill up....
That was one of the things I was considering, but after a lot of reading here on NAM, I think I've settled on the basic audio and replacing the speakers.

It comes down mostly to what your goal is with the audio though. Mine is to have better audio than the basic. Since I can get that more cheaply by replacing the basic speakers (instead of the HiFi option), that works well for me.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:50 AM
cameroon
4th Gear
BTW, you might find this thread https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ust-do-it.html very helpful in your decision making about audio

Old 01-22-2009, 02:13 PM
FrankiePR
2nd Gear
Man this is very confusing.... I have been tryint to read up on this subject and there are some many threads it's confusing. It seams that the basic setup with new speakers and switching audio from the back to the front works well enough.... yet this does not have tweeters... also it seems that some people have found a 3 way componet system (woofer. midrange and tweeter) that fits perfectly into the front doors. All that would be left to do would be to replace the rear 6x9, yet the issue with the amp still remanins and aparently the switch thing is not doable with the Hi-Fi. Some people are talking about an AMP upgrade for 09 yet I have not seen anything that proves or negates this, and if it were true if a speaker change making for great improvements....

Maybe I would need to start a new thread and see if we can merge al threads or someting and get a concensus...

Old 01-22-2009, 03:23 PM
cameroon
4th Gear
You're right that it doesn't seem very cut and dry about what's best, but I think it just comes back to what people are trying to achieve with their audio.

Do you happen to have the post indicating that you can't do the channel swap with the HiFi upgrade? I know on the gen 1 cars you could run into some trouble (since the harness is different), but I thought I'd seen that it was doable with the HiFi as well. I'm not planning on going with the HiFi option but I wouldn't want to accidentally give out bad info

Old 01-22-2009, 07:01 PM
FrankiePR
2nd Gear
I don't know for a fact it ain't doable.. Seams that a hifi with new speakers is solid enough but if you want something better it's easier to add an amp to the base, although a base with new speakers and the swap is also solid... LOL!

Old 01-23-2009, 01:26 PM
jimatvs
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by miniguy5
I will now explain why you need the automatic wipers (even though I don't have them)

The woman we called jane speeds away in her mini. Heart and mind racing she struggles to calm herself and think of what she must do next. Are her husband and children still alive? Up ahead the road is blocked (Who could have predicted this!?). When she gets closer she see's the putrid body amassed on the road. Their mouths soundlessly opening and closing. Clothes and flesh melded together as their liquified insides slowly leak down their legs. She closes her eyes and hits the gas. Her car shakes as she crashes into the undead. She opens her eyes but cannot see for the gore and brown death smeared on her windshield. Just then her automatic windshield wipers activate and a small grin begins to appear at the corner of her mouth.....
Dude...you're seriously twisted...and I like it

Old 01-23-2009, 01:30 PM
jimatvs
2nd Gear
So, are you saying that just by replacing the stock speaker with better ones I should be fine? That sounds great plus I save an extra $500.00 or so... A good set of speakers tweters should not be that much
You can buy the A Pillars with the tweeter holes separately if you get the non-upgraded stereo...not sure on the cost.

I have the non-upgraded stereo and did the speaker swap mentioned in other threads, which definitely improved, but didn't solve the problem of cheap speakers.

Old 01-23-2009, 01:37 PM
jimatvs
2nd Gear
I have the armrest and love it. Not too expensive and very comfortable. Same height as the armrest in the door. Also, has a nice slide/open feature for a little storage.

I'm personally not a fan of Xenon lights...I thought they're pretty expensive and I don't like the light color. I find that with the front foglights you get plenty of light at night...

I'd also suggest the white turn signals, which aren't that much, but I think they really clean up the outside of the car.

Last edited by jimatvs; 01-23-2009 at 01:44 PM. Reason: additional item added
Old 01-23-2009, 02:22 PM
FrankiePR
2nd Gear
Thanks for your imput! I will definetly add the white turn signals!!!

Old 01-27-2009, 01:07 PM
FrankiePR
2nd Gear
After some valuable Input on this thread and reviewing other threads I have changed my configuration. This is what I am now considering...

2009 JCW MINI Hardtop
Chilly Red\black
White turn Signals
Premium Package
Xenon lights
rear fog lamp
Leather punch carbon
Chrome line interior
Comfort access system
JCW Sport suspension
JCW Aero Kit
JCW roof spoiler
Mud Flaps
ipod adapter
rubber mats

Some of these items will probably be added later on.

List of mods
Audio
Rear sway bar
Turbo inlet hose
Turbo heat shield
pre intercooler charge pipe
(basically some hoses, names vary deending on vendor/manufacturer)
Air diverter
CAI

Regarding the mods I will probablly start a thread to get some imput on brands...

Old 01-27-2009, 01:29 PM
cameroon
4th Gear
After some valuable Input on this thread and reviewing other threads I have changed my configuration. This is what I am now considering...

2009 JCW MINI Hardtop
Chilly Red\black
White turn Signals
Premium Package
Xenon lights
rear fog lamp
Leather punch carbon
Chrome line interior
Comfort access system
JCW Sport suspension
JCW Aero Kit
JCW roof spoiler
Mud Flaps
ipod adapter
rubber mats

List of mods
Audio
Rear sway bar
Turbo inlet hose
Turbo heat shield
Air diverter
CAI

Regarding the mods I will probablly start a thread to get some imput on brands...
Sounds good to me

Old 01-27-2009, 01:34 PM
jimatvs
2nd Gear

2009 JCW MINI Hardtop
Chilly Red\black
White turn Signals
Premium Package
Xenon lights
rear fog lamp
Leather punch carbon
Chrome line interior
Comfort access system
JCW Sport suspension
JCW Aero Kit
JCW roof spoiler
Mud Flaps
ipod adapter
rubber mats

List of mods
Audio
Rear sway bar
Turbo inlet hose
Turbo heat shield
Air diverter
CAI

...Order one for me too while you're at it

Old 01-27-2009, 01:38 PM
dvhone
3rd Gear
I don't think you really know the meaning of the word "obsessed" until you've ordered one and it's in production...or even more likely, not until it's being shipped!

Old 01-27-2009, 01:52 PM
miniguy5
4th Gear
Originally Posted by dvhone
I don't think you really know the meaning of the word "obsessed" until you've ordered one and it's in production...or even more likely, not until it's being shipped!
I planned on sleeping in for a change this morning. At 5:45 A.M. I began thinking of driving and how fun it will be to finally use the stick shift in my Clubman and smell the new car smell with a smile on my face and not a care in the world. My heartbeat began to slowly increase and I reached over to the nightstand and grabbed the Clubman brochure while my wife rolled her eyes and turned around putting the blankets over her head....... Obsession

Old 01-27-2009, 02:06 PM
cameroon
4th Gear
I planned on sleeping in for a change this morning. At 5:45 A.M. I began thinking of driving and how fun it will be to finally use the stick shift in my Clubman and smell the new car smell with a smile on my face and not a care in the world. My heartbeat began to slowly increase and I reached over to the nightstand and grabbed the Clubman brochure while my wife rolled her eyes and turned around putting the blankets over her head....... Obsession
LOL, I just placed my order last night (for production in March) and I woke up at 5:30. This'll be my first "fun" car (moving up from a Hyundai Accent), so this wait is torture

Old 01-27-2009, 02:49 PM
miniguy5
4th Gear
That is definitely a move up.... I'm moving up from my boring Honda Accord. Somehow it seems like everything in my life will be better once my baby arrives, considering that I've been a closeted Mini Cooper lover for the past 3 year and I've finally come "out" saying it loud and proud I love Mini Coopers! (Extreme amounts of pun intended)

Old 01-27-2009, 03:00 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There are lots of ways to obsess over your MINI or MINIs in general. Many people jump on mods and that's fine, but when you car is designed from the factory for near perfection, that may leave one looking for other outlets for MINI obsession. Just be aware there are other ways....club involvement, detailing, forums...heck, I even took up MINI slot cars!!!! Hope you have a blast w/ your obsession....this is one car that truly inspires them!!!!

Old 01-27-2009, 03:19 PM
FrankiePR
2nd Gear
Thanks Guys! I actually have the tini mini brochure with a magnet on my fridge and i go to bed every night cheking the forums or a youtube video on my iPhone... when I do order it I will go nuts... my wife has tuned out from her hearing anything related to mini....

In a fourtunate turn of events it turns out two really close friends are really close friends with the local mini manager.... There is only one mini dealer here at this tini island so I hope he gives me some good deals... car MSRP plus shipping and any taxes (which are substancial) and nice deals on dealer installed options...

I'm going this week hopefully and depending on wait time i'll order in 2-3 weeks tops....

Anyone knows a good shrink? LOL

Old 01-27-2009, 03:23 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone knows a good shrink? LOL
NAM is open 24/7 and we have all drunk the Kool-aid!!!

Old 01-27-2009, 03:26 PM
cameroon
4th Gear
Originally Posted by gokartride
There are lots of ways to obsess over your MINI or MINIs in general. Many people jump on mods and that's fine, but when you car is designed from the factory for near perfection, that may leave one looking for other outlets for MINI obsession. Just be aware there are other ways....club involvement, detailing, forums...heck, I even took up MINI slot cars!!!! Hope you have a blast w/ your obsession....this is one car that truly inspires them!!!!
Yeah, getting involved with the DCMM group (more than lurking in the forum) is on my list once I actually get my Mini Well, that and some mods I've got lined up (auto-on sport button!).

Old 01-27-2009, 04:25 PM
dvhone
3rd Gear
I planned on sleeping in for a change this morning. At 5:45 A.M. I began thinking of driving and how fun it will be ...I reached over to the nightstand and grabbed the Clubman brochure while my wife rolled her eyes and turned around putting the blankets over her head....... Obsession

Me too, only I'd stay up way too late trying to decide which colour/options I wanted...I even bought a 1/43 diecast in Dark Silver and would look at that at 12:15 am (I'd have to get up less than six hours later!).

Old 01-27-2009, 06:42 PM
howsoonisnow1985
6th Gear
There are several NAM members from PR, I have sold stuff to members in PR. Check to see if there is a local club, if not good time to start one.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:32 PM
FrankiePR
2nd Gear
Yea I saw some vids in facebook of some tailgating runs through the island! Plus there are several groups in facebbok aswell

Old 01-27-2009, 09:43 PM
mini_charlie
1st Gear
:)

where are you from?

PS- I love the red and black combination!

Quick Reply: Obsessed!