1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New guy from WV checking in!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 08:36 AM
t0ad
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New guy from WV checking in!

Hello all! Long time lurker, first time poster. Glad to be a member of this fine forum, and I'm proud to say that I finally have a mini of my own on it's way. Well, it's still in the 'on order' status right now, but SOON! Augh, the waiting is the hardest part.

Anyways, just thought I'd introduce myself formally. I'm 26, and currently reside near Charleston, WV. I'm one of those rare hybrid dorks, in that I'm either playing videogames at home, or out partying all night. I'd probably be a mechanic if I wasn't a computer nerd though! Currently I'm still driving my 05 Subaru Legacy GT which I've tastefully modified to around 300awhp or so..

(and she's for sale, ladies and gentlemen!)

She's been a fine automobile to me over the past 2.5 years I've had her, and she's put up with my modding ways like a trooper. I've had nary a problem with her, save for a fried coilpack a few months back. I hate to admit it, but I've simply gotten bored of her. I'm at a point in my life that I really don't need 4 door practicality.

I've always loved the way mini's looked, so I finally decided to test drive an 07 MCSa a few weeks ago. Boy, what a costly mistake. Now I'm finding myself trying to get rid of my fully paid off car before my brand new 09 MCSa BRG hardtop arrives .. and here I've always said I'd never be one of those suckers that buys a brand new car and takes the depreciation hit The resale value on these things amazes me!

Hopefully the transition from AWD back to FWD won't be too rough. I really enjoyed the way the mini felt on my test drive, it didn't really feel like it was driving the front wheels. However, I'll admit that I'm glad I still have the Subaru right now since we just had a rather interesting winter storm the past few days. Nothing is quite as fun as doing donuts in an empty parking lot while others struggle to simply stay going on the road!

Ahh.. I'll miss her when she's gone. Alas, all good things come to an end. So, in conclusion.. hi. :P

Old 01-29-2009, 11:15 AM
Lil Blue Coop/Mini Rose
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats on the new Mini and Welcome from North Carolina.