1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 11 (3/08/09-3/14/09) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 07:01 PM
bogs
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah! It will be here before we know it. Just 10 days. For most of us Topeka folks, 10 days ago we had recently started production. Really doesn't seem that long ago.

I am pumped

Old 03-13-2009, 07:07 PM
oldsbear
6th Gear
Originally Posted by furg
Hello! I'm new here and my MCSC was at the port on the 12th. Can you tell me how you found out your clubman was on the Sierra Nevada Hwy. I'm in Georgia and i'm hoping that mine made it on that ship and will be on it's way to Charleston and not waiting for the Faust and coming into Brunswick Ga on the 31st. Thanks for any info you can give me.
My Clubman finished production on 3/11, but did not show up on the Walenius-Wilhelmsen "received at terminal" list by 3/12 night. So I assumed that it was going by K-lines instead of WW. The K-lines schedule showed Sierra Nevada Highway making the next crossing, and there would be no point just keeping my car sitting somewhere.

With information about the vessel, the voyage, and the shipper, I contacted K-Lines, and they confirmed that my vehicle had gone aboard the SNH. They do not have a simple method of determining where a car is. It took a special effort by the people at K-lines, for which I am very grateful.

Before putting yourself and the K-Lines people through this, be sure to do the process that COKen suggests. If you find your VIN on a WW page, then your car did not go by K-lines, and the WW site will tell you which ship your car will travel on.

If you are not sure of how to do the WW search, you may send me a personal message with your VIN, and I will check it out for you.

Old 03-13-2009, 08:05 PM
furg
1st Gear
Thank you. My car also finished on 3/11 and was at the dock on 3/12 so here's hoping it's on the k-lines ship and not waiting for another 4 days to set sail. My car did not show up on the WW list either. Thanks for all your help.

Old 03-13-2009, 08:24 PM
cameroon
4th Gear
Originally Posted by clubbieRme
Well, bogs...it's like this. I got all excited 'cause my MINI caught a wave and then it went silent as it hit the end of the English Channel. I've bounced around all over the web trying to figure out a way to "see" the TORRENS. Cameroon's acting all calm and collected but I wanna plot the path across the sea.

Patience is a virtue...just not one of mine.

Congrats to you all for catching your rides. We can all sit around together with bated breath.
That's exactly it, I'm acting calm and collected My MA's hoping to be able to do the delivery sometime around 3/27, which is only two weeks away.

Congrats to everyone who made their rides, whether they are KLine or WW. And for those awaiting Faust, I'm sure you'll make it onboard

Furg, as far as I know, your MA/dealership should also be able to tell you what ship your on (even if it's KLine).

Old 03-14-2009, 04:29 AM
COKen
3rd Gear
The Topeka is heading west at 16.7 knots, that's 19.2 mph for you landlubbers (I had to look it up), and its just south of Plymouth, England. Nine days out of New York.

Old 03-14-2009, 05:10 AM
Steveski
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Perihelion
Sounds good Steveski, what did you order?

Just occured to me that if we are shipmates, you'll still get your car long before me because I have to go so much further on the train....

I guess I should make a sig of what I ordered. Anyway I ordered on 02/21/09 a MCS - Dark Silver Metallic, leatherette, Sport w/crown spokes, comfort, convenience, style(piano black), and hifi.

Luckily the dealer closest(and I mean only 10 minutes away close) to me made me the best deal. Not a great discount by any means but at least I got one. Most around didn't want to move off of msrp. One dealer near Toronto gave me a quote ABOVE msrp. He actually added stuff to the quote that I did not ask for!! I've already told every one I know who might consider a Mini to avoid that dealership.

That's too bad you had to wait so long just for it to be built and now since your in the middle of the country it'll take a bit longer. I'm only about 2 days(driving, it would be about 18-19 hour straight trip) from Halifax. But at least the wait is almost over!!!!!

btw still not showing on the WW site. Hopefully by Monday.

Old 03-14-2009, 05:16 AM
furg
1st Gear
Originally Posted by cameroon
That's exactly it, I'm acting calm and collected My MA's hoping to be able to do the delivery sometime around 3/27, which is only two weeks away.

Congrats to everyone who made their rides, whether they are KLine or WW. And for those awaiting Faust, I'm sure you'll make it onboard

Furg, as far as I know, your MA/dealership should also be able to tell you what ship your on (even if it's KLine).
Thanks Cameroon! According to my MA she can't tell me anything until it's reached stateside. She is not very helpful in finding out anything about my car. Keeps referring me to AskMini or Websites of other people who have talked about their experiences. So I guess I will have to sit here patiently and hope it's made it on a Kline ship, since it hasn't shown up on the WW website. I'm very anxious to get it, just as the rest of you are. Here's hoping.

Old 03-14-2009, 05:33 AM
cameroon
4th Gear
Originally Posted by furg
Thanks Cameroon! According to my MA she can't tell me anything until it's reached stateside. She is not very helpful in finding out anything about my car. Keeps referring me to AskMini or Websites of other people who have talked about their experiences. So I guess I will have to sit here patiently and hope it's made it on a Kline ship, since it hasn't shown up on the WW website. I'm very anxious to get it, just as the rest of you are. Here's hoping.
Aw, that sucks furg! If she'd give you the Bill of Lading number you could look it up on KLine's site (http://app2.kline.com/GctApp/search?id=tracker). Maybe she doesn't know she can get/give you the Bill of Lading? This is an old example (2004), but if you want to bug your MA at least you'd have a reference http://www.mini2.com/forum/delivery-...n-isnt-ww.html

Old 03-14-2009, 05:51 AM
furg
1st Gear
Originally Posted by cameroon
Aw, that sucks furg! If she'd give you the Bill of Lading number you could look it up on KLine's site (http://app2.kline.com/GctApp/search?id=tracker). Maybe she doesn't know she can get/give you the Bill of Lading? This is an old example (2004), but if you want to bug your MA at least you'd have a reference http://www.mini2.com/forum/delivery-...n-isnt-ww.html
Cameroon, Thanks!! I've already shot her an email, as soon as I read your thread, hopefully she will get back to me soon. Thanks for the thread to their website, maybe I will know in a few hours if my car made it onto the ship.
Thanks for all your help.

Old 03-14-2009, 07:16 PM
Perihelion
4th Gear
For those following the Topeka:

Enjoy:

Old 03-14-2009, 07:19 PM
Perihelion
4th Gear
The Faust is on her way from Sweden to Southampton!

Old 03-14-2009, 07:26 PM
Perihelion
4th Gear
I didn't forget those of you on the Torrens either! (not as recent though...)

Old 03-14-2009, 07:26 PM
clubbieRme
1st Gear
Beware the end of the English Channel! Ships go silent there.

The TORRENS hits land in Halifax on the 18th. It can't come soon enough.

Old 03-14-2009, 07:42 PM
bogs
2nd Gear
thanks for the updates Perihelion! I have been trying to not spend too much time tracking at this point, so it's nice to come here and to get some updates Your JCW will be on the Faust before you know it!

ClubbieRme - I can't believe the Torrens is that close to hitting North America!
Feels like it just left Southampton.

Old 03-14-2009, 07:56 PM
COKen
3rd Gear
Can anyone still see the Topeka? It dropped off the map for me.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:06 PM
bogs
2nd Gear
I can't see it either anymore, but I also have very little idea of what I'm doing

Old 03-14-2009, 08:10 PM
Perihelion
4th Gear
As in after post 285 of this thread? That was 11:21am UTC time and its the most updated position I can find...

Old 03-14-2009, 08:17 PM
Perihelion
4th Gear
On a separate note, I was talking to some dealership staff today and they said from the time that the Faust hits Halifax, it will be ~3 weeks to delivery. That puts it about middle of April.

Old 03-15-2009, 06:52 AM
OLarryR
3rd Gear
On the Topeka, seems we have hit the deadzone similar to spacecraft on the other side of the moon !
I figured I would spend the free time going to the dealership and get some info on the extended warranty plans but mostly to take another look at the MINIs. Now have to find something else to do today...then I am on a business trip for a couple of days...be back Wed night...let's see that is then 18Mar09. When does action pick up again ? Just before it arrives in NY/NJ ?? What are we going to do till then ? Search out any web cams at the NJ unloading area ? We could watch for Cameroon's MINI on the TORRENS !

Old 03-15-2009, 10:59 AM
Chimera
5th Gear
While we wait for the Topeka, what mods are you guys going to do right away?

I'm getting a no-holes front plate mount (probably the Craven Platypus), some tint for the side reflectors, I'm going to move the Bluetooth mic to the driver's side (as it should be) and if I'm not happy with the standard sound I'm going to do the front/rear speaker swap which supposedly fixes the lack of bass. If I feel confident (and I don't cave and have the dealer do it) I'm going to add the rear fog lights that I missed during my config with the dealer...still pissed off about that.

oh, and I'm installing the JCW CF scoop myself to save on dealer labor rate. My driving lights are being installed at the port for the same reason.

Old 03-15-2009, 11:39 AM
bogs
2nd Gear
Chimera, I'm also going to do the Bluetooth move. I'm considering the front/rear speaker swap as I also didn't order the HiFi due to the poor reviews, but I'm hesitant due to the Bluetooth audio being moved to the rear speakers. I've been doing minor research on replacing the speakers, but I am pretty nervous about removing the rear seats to get to the back ones.

Edit: Didn't see that you mentioned the rear fog. I guess if there's a way to add the rear fog light after ordering, then I definitely can add a toggle.

Last edited by bogs; 03-15-2009 at 11:58 AM.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:55 AM
Chimera
5th Gear
Yeah, removing the rear seats is out of my league. The rear fog install doesn't sound too bad except for removing some of the dash to get the switch installed - the actual lights just plug into the existing harness.

Old 03-15-2009, 12:41 PM
oldsbear
6th Gear
I will swap the chrome for a black grille, black grill surround, and black headlight rings.

Last edited by oldsbear; 10-15-2012 at 05:47 AM.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:42 PM
OLarryR
3rd Gear
Chimera,
Right now, I was not planning on doing any mods...other than taking off any license plate holders with the dealership name on it. I would get one that just had "MINI" on the bottom of it but the dealer wanted ~ $37-$38 for it. Seems on the web that is about the going rate.
"no holes" front plate mount (Craven Platypus) ? What is that all about ? I have to check it out.
I have no real mods I am interested in doing from the get go. I purchased options that I never had before...leather seats, etc. I have looked into a bit the mods some have worked on the Clubman - A tow hitch for a light trailer. I do not think I will ever do it...but somewhat interested in it. I also ordered the roof rails and believe if I did not want to put a bike on top or a rack supported from a tow hitch, I could figure out how to hook up a rear fitting bike rack clamping onto the back of the rails. Best option, though,is to...forgo the whole thing and shove the bike into my Honda Odyssey.

Old 03-15-2009, 12:47 PM
Perihelion
4th Gear
Faust still closing in on Southampton:

Quick Reply: Week 11 (3/08/09-3/14/09) Support Group