1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 11 (3/08/09-3/14/09) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 02:17 PM
clubbieRme
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by COKen
Anyone still on the Torrens? It looks like it just pulled out of Charleston.
According to my MA, the TORRENS hasn't made its way into Charleston yet and, furthermore, it won't be there until tomorrow. All three tracking sites I'm aware of show it as having left Charleston more than an hour ago. COKen seems to have a source with the same intel. I hope it left my MINI!

I hope I wasn't being too optimistic when I scheduled my first day back from vacation (7 April) as a vacation day to get acquainted with my new buddy.

Did I mention that patience isn't my strong suit?

Old 03-23-2009, 02:52 PM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by clubbieRme
According to my MA, the TORRENS hasn't made its way into Charleston yet and, furthermore, it won't be there until tomorrow. All three tracking sites I'm aware of show it as having left Charleston more than an hour ago. COKen seems to have a source with the same intel. I hope it left my MINI!

I hope I wasn't being too optimistic when I scheduled my first day back from vacation (7 April) as a vacation day to get acquainted with my new buddy.

Did I mention that patience isn't my strong suit?
be aware that most MAs don't even know about the tracking sites we use much less actually use them. They are going by what the bmw/mini computer systems tell them - which seems to run a little time late just like the owner's lounge.

Old 03-23-2009, 03:20 PM
bogs
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by OLarryR
Maybe Cameroon will be so kind as to wait till my MINI is ready for pickup. Then he can pick me up at my house in the car he's trading in. We then pickup both MINIs that day ! That then solves the pickup logistics ! Great !!
I gotta say, I think I'm a pretty nice person, but if I were Cameroon and my MINI showed up before yours, I would so not be waiting I am already going crazy now that I know it's only a few hours away from me! I'll keep my fingers crossed for a Monday pickup date for you!

That being said, I am going to pick it up as soon as possible, without taking time off of work. I think that rules out Friday since the dealership closes early.

Old 03-23-2009, 05:13 PM
cameroon
4th Gear
Originally Posted by bogs
I gotta say, I think I'm a pretty nice person, but if I were Cameroon and my MINI showed up before yours, I would so not be waiting I am already going crazy now that I know it's only a few hours away from me! I'll keep my fingers crossed for a Monday pickup date for you!

That being said, I am going to pick it up as soon as possible, without taking time off of work. I think that rules out Friday since the dealership closes early.
I might have enough willpower to wait a day, but it'd be tough. Longer than that and I doubt I could even make that claim. I think I'd be more likely to offer up a ride out there in my Mini, then to wait to pick it up though

Old 03-23-2009, 05:57 PM
bogs
2nd Gear
Trying to decide if I want to get any license plate frames...I am partial to the "Let's Motor" and checkerboard ones.

(Running out of things to think about while I wait!)

Old 03-23-2009, 06:20 PM
oldsbear
6th Gear
Sierra Nevada Highway entered Chesapeake Bay this evening. This is good because it means she made the Atlantic crossing in 10 days and in a couple more will be in Charleston.

Photographer Gillian Moy snapped this photo of the Sierra Nevada Highway just as it was passing Southampton VTS on March 13, with my Clubman on board.

Last edited by oldsbear; 10-15-2012 at 05:46 AM.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:03 PM
OLarryR
3rd Gear
Cameroon,
I was only foolin around regarding car pooling to the dealership. Enjoy yourself ! By the way, they are having a "Tent Sale" for several days starting on...this Thursday. Something about guessing ho many clowns can fit into a MINI Convertible S with top "down". I think they are giving up to $1000 off on a MINI if you guess right...but it may only be for cars in stock and not on order. So...if top is down...does that mean the the top is open and folded down or does it mean the top is closed ? Makes a big difference in guessing number of clowns !! Also, any idea if they are short/midget, tall or...sort of round clowns ? That also makes a difference in how many you can stuff into a MINI !

Bogs,

I was also interested in getting a license plate...maybe just "MINI". But the license plate holders seem fairly expensive and about the same on the web vs dealer. I amy pick it up when I pick up the car.....or take the one I have on my Prelude right now which is about cycling.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:07 PM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
. Something about guessing ho many clowns can fit into a MINI Convertible S with top "down"..
absolutely a terrible marketing idea. People already say "clown car" way too often.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:16 PM
OLarryR
3rd Gear
I did not realize some people make that association....

I only realized they were having this "clown" contest when I checked out the details of their Tent Special this weekend. I was actually thinking that maybe they were going to be grilling and giving away free "mini"-hot dogs. Now...that would be a great idea and perhaps I would go to wolf down some dogs ! I recall the Acura dealership in my area, many years ago, had a free barbecue and they were giving away regular size hot dogs. Guess those days are over. I saw no free eats listed for the tent sale !

Old 03-24-2009, 04:30 AM
Perihelion
4th Gear
Daily Faust update: Still on track to enter port early tomorrow...

Old 03-24-2009, 06:35 AM
djeffr
1st Gear
argh. still so far away from San Antonio...a few more stops for me. what's your delivery time from Halifax to dealer anyway?
dj

Old 03-24-2009, 06:51 AM
Perihelion
4th Gear
Originally I was told 3 weeks from offloading in Halifax to my dealership. More recently, I was told that they could have my car at the dealership round the 2nd week of April which is closer to 2-2.5 weeks. In that ballpark anyways. I'd really like to go get her on April 11. I've got a spot in the garage just waiting for her.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:04 AM
djeffr
1st Gear
I have no idea the time line from Brunswick GA to my dealer. All I can say for sure is that it's about a 16 hours drive by google maps. other than that, who knows how long they mess around in port. It looks like a pretty big stop for the Faust though. In port scheduled from 3/31-4/7. Guess quite a few MINIS are getting off there. Looks like you guys get a quick hit and run up north.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:24 AM
cameroon
4th Gear
Cameroon,
I was only foolin around regarding car pooling to the dealership. Enjoy yourself ! By the way, they are having a "Tent Sale" for several days starting on...this Thursday.
Yeah, Kurt (not sure who your MA is over at MoS) was/is hoping that my car shows up and can be delivered before the craziness really begins. I don't quite share his optimism, but he was hoping the car would show up at the dealership tomorrow so I plan to email him tomorrow and see if he still thinks that

Old 03-24-2009, 09:07 AM
cameroon
4th Gear
Originally Posted by clubbieRme
Okay...it appears that in Charleston you get the "customs release" followed by the "liner release" followed by "discharged" followed by "delivered from." Anybody have a clue what "delivered from" means? Based on cars that've arrived in Charleston previously, it appears it means a delay of days...in terms of a wait for a MINI, more days than it takes to get from Southampton to Charleston. Wonder at what point the VDC gets the car?
Just thought I'd mention (and hopefully ease all our minds) that luv2mini just posted in the "Mini/Fit" discussion that s/he will be picking up his/her car this weekend. It was on the Torrens in NYC and there aren't any cars showing up as "Delivered from" for NYC at all. So I wouldn't worry about the "delivered from" and when it shows up, as it appears to be a largely useless status

Old 03-24-2009, 10:13 AM
Atomic17
2nd Gear
Just spoke with my MA, and my MINI is set to arrive at the dealer this Friday 3/27, and she's going to push him thru the shop so I can take delivery this Saturday 3/28 - if there is a delay then I'm looking at Monday night 3/30....so it seems the NYC VDC turnaround times are pretty quick!

I'll keep you all posted if I hear anything different...

Old 03-24-2009, 11:10 AM
cameroon
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Atomic17
Just spoke with my MA, and my MINI is set to arrive at the dealer this Friday 3/27, and she's going to push him thru the shop so I can take delivery this Saturday 3/28 - if there is a delay then I'm looking at Monday night 3/30....so it seems the NYC VDC turnaround times are pretty quick!

I'll keep you all posted if I hear anything different...
Nice! That gives me hope that I'll be taking delivery shortly too

Old 03-24-2009, 11:27 AM
bogs
2nd Gear
Also just heard, my MINI is through the VDC and can be picked up Friday! I didn't even know I was at the VDC yet!

Old 03-24-2009, 11:31 AM
cameroon
4th Gear
Also just heard, my MINI is through the VDC and can be picked up Friday! I didn't even know I was at the VDC yet!
Sweet! You came through on Topeka right (can't recall if to NY or Charleston)? Man, what a day for my MA to be off - can't call and bug him

Old 03-24-2009, 11:32 AM
cameroon
4th Gear
Bah, and the Owners Lounge appears to be down so I can't even look to see if there's any updated status info there.

It's a conspiracy!

Old 03-24-2009, 11:36 AM
bogs
2nd Gear
Yep, NYC Topeka! They really move cars there apparently. I can't believe your MA isn't in today, this really makes your last few days of waiting fun

Old 03-24-2009, 11:44 AM
cameroon
4th Gear
Yep, NYC Topeka! They really move cars there apparently. I can't believe your MA isn't in today, this really makes your last few days of waiting fun
Heheh, no kidding. I figured that nothing would happen with the car last Friday, but if you're already cleared for pickup off the Topeka then I've definitely got my hopes up!

Here's hoping to no (bad) surprises

Old 03-24-2009, 12:06 PM
Perihelion
4th Gear
All this excitement as you all get your cars...I wish I had something more to report on the Faust. I'm not a patient person to begin with and this wait is way worse than the 7 weeks I waited when I ordered my WRX a few years back. Everyone better start posting up some pictures of their MINIs when they get them. It's the only way I'll make it another 3 weeks.

Old 03-24-2009, 12:08 PM
COKen
3rd Gear
You guys are really close to getting your cars.

I still have about 3 to 3 1/2 weeks to go.

And let's not forget MotorMouth who won't get his for a few weeks after that and another boat ride.

Old 03-24-2009, 12:27 PM
cameroon
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Perihelion
All this excitement as you all get your cars...I wish I had something more to report on the Faust. I'm not a patient person to begin with and this wait is way worse than the 7 weeks I waited when I ordered my WRX a few years back. Everyone better start posting up some pictures of their MINIs when they get them. It's the only way I'll make it another 3 weeks.
For the longest time I was going to get a WRX. I've always loved the aggressive look of those cars.

I'll definitely be taking pictures, just hope the weather cooperates so I can go find a nice location and show it off

Originally Posted by COKen
You guys are really close to getting your cars.

I still have about 3 to 3 1/2 weeks to go.

And let's not forget MotorMouth who won't get his for a few weeks after that and another boat ride.
Definitely keeping you guys in mind. I'm not sure how you guys can take it. I mean hearing about bogs and atomic makes me want to go track down my MA on his day off

Quick Reply: Week 11 (3/08/09-3/14/09) Support Group