1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 11 (3/08/09-3/14/09) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 10:47 AM
cameroon
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Perihelion
Welcome! How long depends on your dealer's allocations for the car you want. Best case scenario, you find the car you want on the lot and you don't wait at all. Otherwise, you put an order in and your dealer slots you in as soon as possible.

@Cameroon
Good work paying down your debts, in this economy, cash is king. I started out looking at an S and ended up ordering the JCW...
Perihelion, thanks - and you aren't the only one who started at S and wanted a JCW, I had to be very disciplined not to get a JCW Especially since it's got upgraded engine internals, it'd be better able to handle power mods after the warranty is up.

Anyway, I'm not unhappy about my choice (far from it!), but if I end up with a 2nd Cooper (I plan to keep mine for a long time) I know what I'll be looking at

Old 02-22-2009, 11:09 AM
cameroon
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Pinky Demon
I think I'll chill in here with you guys if you don't mind. I have no order yet, but I want to place one soon. How long do Coopers usually take from order to delivery?
[Edit] Realized my initial post was a little out of order. So...
Assuming that you don't buy off the lot then I'd expect to wait at least 4-6 weeks (for the east coast), once production starts. As Perihelion said, your dealer's allocations for build orders per month would determine how long between your order and production starting.

Actually building the car takes about 4 days I believe (not counting the weekend, since those shifts were just stopped), but then it takes a train to the dock, waits for a ship, crosses the ocean, goes through the VDC and finally to your dealer. So I think if everything aligned perfectly it might take as little as 3 weeks if the Mini's going to the east coast.

My MA said it looked like cars might be spending a little more time waiting for a ship recently as well, but its hard to say if that's a trend or just happenstance.

Old 02-24-2009, 01:30 PM
cameroon
4th Gear
Good grief, I might have been bumped up again! It seems that production might have actually started on my Mini yesterday or today.

I'll be calling ASKMINI later to see if they can tell me, but my MA gave me my VIN and it's status is 150 so it's definitely near to starting if it hasn't already.

[Edit] Well it's confirmed, it started production today and estimated completion March 5. I guess that ends up making me Week 9, but I think I'd like to keep hanging out with you all

Last edited by cameroon; 02-24-2009 at 05:22 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:47 PM
KCoppage
Neutral
Week 9?

Hey. I was originally a week 10, but called today and found out that my car started production yesterday. It is scheduled for completion on March 3. Can't wait for it to arrive!

Old 02-24-2009, 05:50 PM
Perihelion
4th Gear
Wow, I'm so jealous of you guys. I still don't have my VIN. If I get bumped up a production week, that would put me in the first week of March somewhere.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:56 PM
cameroon
4th Gear
I feel for you Perihelion, but with all the bumping going on here maybe even a JCW build might get moved up

Old 02-24-2009, 05:59 PM
cameroon
4th Gear
Wow, I'm so jealous of you guys. I still don't have my VIN. If I get bumped up a production week, that would put me in the first week of March somewhere.
Out of curiosity, have you called your MA? My VIN still doesn't show in the Owner's Lounge, but during some e-mail correspondence with my MA today he said I'd gotten my VIN and the status went to 150. So if you haven't checked in, maybe you should

I think you could call ASK MINI with just your order number, too, if you haven't. Though I'd wait until tomorrow so you can talk to a person (9am - 9pm EST). The lady I talked to was really nice, first time ever that I talked to someone doing phone customer service who sounded absolutely happy to be there.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:08 PM
Perihelion
4th Gear
Its a little harder with the MA in my situation. When I ordered my car in December, it was the MA's first day on the job. I guess he didn't work out because I asked to talk to him today and he's no longer at the dealership. They're in the process of figuring out who's going to take over my file...

As for Ask MINI, I call the Canadian one every few days or so but they have even less info than the dealership. Guess I have to wait for them to get their stuff together.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:11 PM
KCoppage
Neutral
You should definately call ASK MINI. The website still doesn't show that I started production or my VIN, but I called just being curious and it had already started.

Old 02-25-2009, 06:40 AM
Atomic17
2nd Gear
Hey all,

I'm a fellow Week 11'er - just called ASK MINI and they confirmed.

I placed my order last Thursday 2/19. I wasn't really planning on ordering this soon, I was going to wait until later spring for a delivery closer to my birthday (mid-June), but with the recent financing incentive (4.9%) and me being credit challenged, I thought I'd go for it now.

I've always wanted a MINI, but it wasn't until last October when my buddy with a GP let me drive it - after that I HAD TO HAVE a MINI I've been obsessed ever since (and collected over 70+ diecast MINI models), so the next 4-5 weeks is going to be agonizing. Glad to see I'm not the only one in here!

Old 02-25-2009, 06:50 AM
cameroon
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Atomic17
Hey all,

I'm a fellow Week 11'er - just called ASK MINI and they confirmed.

I placed my order last Thursday 2/19. I wasn't really planning on ordering this soon, I was going to wait until later spring for a delivery closer to my birthday (mid-June), but with the recent financing incentive (4.9%) and me being credit challenged, I thought I'd go for it now.

I've always wanted a MINI, but it wasn't until last October when my buddy with a GP let me drive it - after that I HAD TO HAVE a MINI I've been obsessed ever since (and collected over 70+ diecast MINI models), so the next 4-5 weeks is going to be agonizing. Glad to see I'm not the only one in here!
So you got the 4.9% from MFS? I was told that they couldn't lock in that rate for a order (as opposed to buying off the lot).

[Edit] And congrats!

Old 02-25-2009, 07:20 AM
Atomic17
2nd Gear
As far as what my MA has advised me, I'm approved for the 4.9, but I have to take delivery by April 10th. So my anxiety over waiting for this car is double since I have a deadline to meet, so to speak...

Barring any nautical issues, I shouldn't have any problems taking delivery by the 10th (my MA thinks it'll be closer to April 3rd actually)...I don't want to be one of "those guys" who calls the MA every day for an update... if this is meant to be, then the car shows up by the deadline and I get a great deal. Otherwise I'm looking at closer to 10% due to my credit tier, and I don't think I can swing those kinds of payments. But my desire for a new car and especially THIS car may win over common sense to not get a 10% car loan.

Old 02-25-2009, 07:30 AM
cameroon
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Atomic17
As far as what my MA has advised me, I'm approved for the 4.9, but I have to take delivery by April 10th. So my anxiety over waiting for this car is double since I have a deadline to meet, so to speak...

Barring any nautical issues, I shouldn't have any problems taking delivery by the 10th (my MA thinks it'll be closer to April 3rd actually)...I don't want to be one of "those guys" who calls the MA every day for an update... if this is meant to be, then the car shows up by the deadline and I get a great deal. Otherwise I'm looking at closer to 10% due to my credit tier, and I don't think I can swing those kinds of payments. But my desire for a new car and especially THIS car may win over common sense to not get a 10% car loan.
Hmm, interesting. It was the finance person who told me that the 4.9% wasn't "lockable", so maybe there's hope for me yet. There was definitely an initial miscommunication since we'd talked last Thursday, but the application to MFS is only happening today!

Anyway, I hope you get that 4.9% rate!

Old 02-25-2009, 10:11 AM
Perihelion
4th Gear
4.9% is a great rate. MFS in Canada is at 8.5%. Yikes!

By the way, talked to my dealership this morning and I haven't been moved up. Still at week 11 build and my VIN isn't assigned yet. Worse yet, my MA "is no longer with the dealership" so someone completely unfamiliar with my order will need to do the delivery for me. The sales manager seems to be on top of it though.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:29 AM
cameroon
4th Gear
4.9% is a great rate. MFS in Canada is at 8.5%. Yikes!

By the way, talked to my dealership this morning and I haven't been moved up. Still at week 11 build and my VIN isn't assigned yet. Worse yet, my MA "is no longer with the dealership" so someone completely unfamiliar with my order will need to do the delivery for me. The sales manager seems to be on top of it though.
Yikes is right!

Checked out the fine print on the 4.9% rate at miniusa.com, it's on new 08 or 09s (not the cabrio) through March 31st on 60 month loans through MFS. So for those of us whose delivery comes in prior to the end of March, we might be eligible.

Sorry to hear you've got a bit of MA shuffling going on, at least you're at the point where it's been ordered and on schedule though and not having to do a hand-off in the middle of making decisions.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:33 AM
Casey Jones
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by KCoppage
Hey. I was originally a week 10, but called today and found out that my car started production yesterday. It is scheduled for completion on March 3. Can't wait for it to arrive!
me too!~ I just got off the phone with Ask Mini.

Mine started production yesterday AM, should be finished by March 4th.

FINALLY, it's in production~

Old 02-25-2009, 10:50 AM
cameroon
4th Gear
I can't help but feel bad that Perihelion, after ordering in December!, is still stuck while we all get bumped forward.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:59 PM
bogs
2nd Gear
Hi all! I just found out my recently ordered MCS is a week 11. Glad to have some people to wait with!

Old 02-25-2009, 05:16 PM
Perihelion
4th Gear
Welcome bogs, thanks for the sympathy guys. This may be the last time I ever order a car...the wait is unbearable...

Old 02-25-2009, 06:11 PM
cameroon
4th Gear
Originally Posted by bogs
Hi all! I just found out my recently ordered MCS is a week 11. Glad to have some people to wait with!
Glad to have you bogs, and congrats on the car

Old 02-26-2009, 03:23 PM
djeffr
1st Gear
Greetings! Another fellow week 11er here. Nice to see that there are a few other neurotic people out there. I swear I felt pretty normal until I place my order, then the wheels fell off so to speak.
Placed order on 2/16, PN 2/19, now week 11. Does that sound about right to you guys? The guy I was working with seemed to not get the order right for several days, as my PN showed stripes that I didn't order and other options. We had to go back and forth for a few days to get it straight. apparently the owner's lounge is a little less than accurate.
so, looks like mid april, but would love to have it for my b-day on the 6th!
good to meet you all. Now my girlfriend's ear can have a rest:-)

Old 02-26-2009, 03:27 PM
djeffr
1st Gear
[QUOTE=cameroon;2679578]Yikes is right!

Checked out the fine print on the 4.9% rate at miniusa.com, it's on new 08 or 09s (not the cabrio) through March 31st on 60 month loans through MFS. So for those of us whose delivery comes in prior to the end of March, we might be eligible.

My guy seemed to imply that I could "lock in" 4.9% when I ordered...he may have been thinking that I was going to buy off the lot at that time...hmmm. will definitely have to check back with him

Old 02-26-2009, 03:34 PM
djeffr
1st Gear
Originally Posted by cameroon
Just found out that my status code is 112 (last chance to make changes, production date scheduled), so seems that Week 10 is confirmed for me.
New to posting today...Where are you guys seeing these codes, and their translations?
dj

Old 02-26-2009, 03:39 PM
Perihelion
4th Gear
In the "first gear" section of the forum there is a sticky about tracking the production of your MINI.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d-updated.html

You being in the US have additional options not available to us Canadians. (Jealous!) The codes are listed in that tracking info thread. Welcome to the group!

Old 02-26-2009, 04:05 PM
cameroon
4th Gear
In the "first gear" section of the forum there is a sticky about tracking the production of your MINI.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d-updated.html

You being in the US have additional options not available to us Canadians. (Jealous!) The codes are listed in that tracking info thread. Welcome to the group!
And it seems like the ASK MINI reps don't get the codes anymore, just the description. Not that it matters much, they only get info from 150-155 and now they just get the "text description" of those codes.

Apparently your MA can get more info after it leaves Mini's plant though.

As for the info that shows up in the Owner's Lounge, yeah, it's always like at least 48 hours old. And if your dealer replaced an order they had, then it can show outdated info (like stripes that aren't supposed to be there). So it's definitely good to check the owner's lounge but also to check with your MA and ASKMINI.

djeffr - I'm definitely checking in with my MA and finance people on the rates.

Quick Reply: Week 11 (3/08/09-3/14/09) Support Group