1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 11 (3/08/09-3/14/09) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 10:45 AM
Chimera
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bogs
That's so weird Cameroon- mine is already at the dealer. I wonder if they picked Torrens and Topeka cars up at the same time and the Torrens ones got pushed to the back?
Bogs, when are you picking it up?? I think you're the first Week 11'er to get this close....

Old 03-25-2009, 10:46 AM
bogs
2nd Gear
sorry if that came off as rude, it was not intended to be. I'm more confused as to how the disparity is possible if we both arrived at the same port, ate going through same VDC, etc. I'll feel bad if the Topeka pushed the Torrens folks back :/

Old 03-25-2009, 10:46 AM
cameroon
4th Gear
Originally Posted by clubbieRme
cameroon...

Remember the mantra:

I am calm, I am collected, I am patient...I am calm, I am collected, I am patient...
Is that done while punching a punching bag as well?

I'm actually fine with it, just really want that 2.9% so I'm a little anxious for it to make it there before 3/31

Old 03-25-2009, 10:48 AM
bogs
2nd Gear
Can't pick up til Friday night at the earliest. I might go peek at it tonight, but I think that might just ruin my Thursday/Friday productivity.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:52 AM
cameroon
4th Gear
sorry if that came off as rude, it was not intended to be. I'm more confused as to how the disparity is possible if we both arrived at the same port, ate going through same VDC, etc. I'll feel bad if the Topeka pushed the Torrens folks back :/
I wouldn't worry about it too much The inner workings of how the car gets from the ship and into the VDC are mysterious (Beware the dragons!).

Honestly, I was surprised that any had gotten out which made me hopeful that mine was amongst them. Did hope that it'd be getting on a truck today, but if my MA's info is accurate then that doesn't sound like it's happening.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:52 AM
bogs
2nd Gear
Cameroon- you may already know this, but penfed (penfed.org) is offering 3.99% for up to 60 months if you apply online. They can rush deliver a check. I did this as a backup to the 2.9%.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:56 AM
Perihelion
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Steveski
I just checked the WW tracking site. It's been updated to show a delay of one day for the Faust, now due in Halifax on the 26th.

For those on that boat due in other ports.
New York 03/28
Brunswick 04/01

I guess that storm that just went through the area slowed it down for some reason.
Bah! I just saw this as well! Just by dead reckoning for the speed and bearing she had yesterday she should have been there by now. What ever happened she really slowed up. Ironically, if it is a storm, she's too busy working through the storm to report weather..

Last edited by Perihelion; 03-26-2009 at 06:03 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:57 AM
cameroon
4th Gear
Cameroon- you may already know this, but penfed (penfed.org) is offering 3.99% for up to 60 months if you apply online. They can rush deliver a check. I did this as a backup to the 2.9%.
I'm pretty sure that I don't meet the eligibility requirements for penfed (that being somehow tied to military/government).

Thanks for the info though. Hmm... maybe I'll kill some time by talking to my insurance company.

Old 03-25-2009, 11:00 AM
bogs
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by cameroon
I'm pretty sure that I don't meet the eligibility requirements for penfed (that being somehow tied to military/government).

Thanks for the info though. Hmm... maybe I'll kill some time by talking to my insurance company.
You don't need to be- you can "join" by making a $25 donation or something. It's on the website when you go to sign up. I thought of it as a $25 insurance plan for it arriving after the 31st.

Old 03-25-2009, 11:02 AM
cameroon
4th Gear
You don't need to be- you can "join" by making a $25 donation or something. It's on the website when you go to sign up. I thought of it as a $25 insurance plan for it arriving after the 31st.
Ah, interesting! I'll keep that in mind then

Old 03-25-2009, 08:47 PM
Atomic17
2nd Gear
Ok, it's totally weird that some of you Torrens people aren't thru the VDC yet when I was on the Topeka and my car is set to be at the dealer this Friday, and I'm taking delivery this Saturday.

Maybe it's because I'm only 2 hours away from the VDC? I know the bonnet stripes are put on at the VDC, but I don't think anything else was - did I go thru the VDC too quickly? Did I get all the options I ordered?

Now I'm worried it all happened too fast and I won't get the right car!

What was that mantra again?....

Old 03-26-2009, 04:31 AM
Perihelion
4th Gear
Faust finally getting in. WW still showing my car on board but offloading takes a few hours.

Old 03-26-2009, 05:53 AM
cameroon
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Atomic17
Ok, it's totally weird that some of you Torrens people aren't thru the VDC yet when I was on the Topeka and my car is set to be at the dealer this Friday, and I'm taking delivery this Saturday.

Maybe it's because I'm only 2 hours away from the VDC? I know the bonnet stripes are put on at the VDC, but I don't think anything else was - did I go thru the VDC too quickly? Did I get all the options I ordered?

Now I'm worried it all happened too fast and I won't get the right car!

What was that mantra again?....
Heh, I wouldn't worry about it. My MA thinks it's just due to the VDC trying to get the new cabrios out to the dealers. Maybe the Topeka just had the cabrios that the VDC needed to get to first.

My hope right now is to finish up and make it out on a truck before the VDC is off for the weekend. Would suck to be ready to go but stuck on the VDC lot for two days

Old 03-26-2009, 06:00 AM
cameroon
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Perihelion
Faust finally getting in. WW still showing my car on board but offloading takes a few hours.
Glad to hear it's in. What are you going to do now that there's so much less for you to track until it gets to you?

Old 03-26-2009, 06:01 AM
Perihelion
4th Gear
Woohoo! I'm at "Liner Released" status now - whatever that means. Getting closer....

Old 03-26-2009, 06:02 AM
Perihelion
4th Gear
Glad to hear it's in. What are you going to do now that there's so much less for you to track until it gets to you?
A local MINI club member has a CN Rail account and can provide me with tracking info as my baby comes home across the country.

Old 03-26-2009, 06:13 AM
cameroon
4th Gear
A local MINI club member has a CN Rail account and can provide me with tracking info as my baby comes home across the country.
LOL! Nice, seems like while you have had a long wait you've lucked out on the tracking side.

Old 03-26-2009, 06:22 AM
Perihelion
4th Gear
I really like this little support group we've got going on here. I'm a little sad to think that we'll all go our separate ways after our cars show up. We should keep this group alive afterwards. Maybe even do up a meet somewhere one day like AMVIV does every year. That'd be fun.

Old 03-26-2009, 06:28 AM
cameroon
4th Gear
I really like this little support group we've got going on here. I'm a little sad to think that we'll all go our separate ways after our cars show up. We should keep this group alive afterwards. Maybe even do up a meet somewhere one day like AMVIV does every year. That'd be fun.
Agreed - after all, look at the "Week 23 2008" group. They just kept posting and posting and had the mods add the 2008 to the title.

Would be cool to do a meet up somehow. Sadly I don't think MotorMouth would be able to get his Mini to the event

Old 03-26-2009, 06:32 AM
Steveski
3rd Gear
Woohoo! I'm at "Liner Released" status now - whatever that means. Getting closer....

Liner Released here as well!!

Awesome that you have a CN tracking source. I think my dealer will hate me for the next few weeks as I bug him contantly. Which will commence on Saturday as I go back there to take out the demo yet again.

I'm Hoping I get it in time for the Easter long weekend but I'm not holding my breath.

Old 03-26-2009, 07:11 AM
COKen
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Atomic17
...my car is set to be at the dealer this Friday, and I'm taking delivery this Saturday.
That is fast. My dealer said they want mine for a week before they will let me have it. They said they need to go over it, front to back, to make sure it made the trip without injury as well as put on my dealer options.

Old 03-26-2009, 07:17 AM
cameroon
4th Gear
Originally Posted by COKen
That is fast. My dealer said they want mine for a week before they will let me have it. They said they need to go over it, front to back, to make sure it made the trip without injury as well as put on my dealer options.
Wow, that seems lengthy Of course, I am a little spoiled because Mini of Sterling runs a night-shift at the service dept (they service a big geographic area) so my MA's gonna have mine run through overnight.

Once, you know, it finally gets there

Old 03-26-2009, 07:20 AM
bogs
2nd Gear
Congrats on the FAUST! That's awesome you can keep tracking it in the rails. I know all cars go through these journeys, but I think there's something special about getting to follow them through it. It's a little adventure for them!

So, I caved and checked my MINI out last night. She (or he?) is perfect, even in a completely undetailed state. Hopefully the next day flies by.

Love the reunion ideas- we have a great group here, and hopefully we all still remain active as the rest of the cars make their way home. It ain't over til it's over!

Old 03-26-2009, 07:24 AM
COKen
3rd Gear
Wow, that seems lengthy Of course, I am a little spoiled because Mini of Sterling runs a night-shift at the service dept (they service a big geographic area) so my MA's gonna have mine run through overnight.

Once, you know, it finally gets there

Guess my dealer is slow but methodical.

At least I like to think of it that way.

Old 03-26-2009, 08:07 AM
cameroon
4th Gear
Originally Posted by COKen
Guess my dealer is slow but methodical.

At least I like to think of it that way.
That's a nice, positive attitude you've got there!

Maybe they just give a long estimate and you'll get it in a few days instead of after a week.

Quick Reply: Week 11 (3/08/09-3/14/09) Support Group