1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 11 (3/08/09-3/14/09) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 07:40 PM
OLarryR
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just tried to capture what I could think of to make up a Top 10 list. It has a mix of what I figured many would at one time or another think about and/or were discussed in one of the NAM Forums.
The only ones from the Top 10 that perhaps apply to my thinking are:

Numbers: 1 & 8

Old 03-26-2009, 07:42 PM
OLarryR
3rd Gear
Atomic17,

THat's one nice shiny color !

Old 03-27-2009, 03:32 AM
bogs
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Chimera
Nice Bogs! Looks like someone stole your tow-hook cover on the front bumper though....
Heh, they also stole the rear cover and the antenna

Atomic- I've said this before but I LOVE the oxygen blue. Your car looks amazing!

Old 03-27-2009, 04:51 AM
Perihelion
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Steveski
Well it looks like the Faust is done in Halifax and is now underway to New York!!!

I'm sure Perihelion will post the obligatory screen grab shortly
Here it is...

Old 03-27-2009, 04:52 AM
cameroon
4th Gear
Originally Posted by OLarryR
I suspect mine is still buried in the heap awaiting the VDC and then the sorting out before departing for VIrginia. Seeing how Camaroon has not got any word yet and his was on the Torrens....hmmm...maybe mine won't be ready for pickup instead of Tuesday more like Wednesday ...hopefully not later. So looks like I will be flirting with April Fools day !!
Hey OLarryR, I think you missed where I said I'm on a truck to the dealership

I'm actually driving out there today to drop off my No Holes license kit (maybe even install it, who knows). My MA suggested it as a way to further reduce the chances that someone would pull an "Oops, didn't see that request."

Old 03-27-2009, 04:59 AM
Perihelion
4th Gear
Well, I'm in "Discharged" status now. I take that to mean that she's been released from the port to CN Rail. Gonna call the MA today and see what's what for a delivery date.

Old 03-27-2009, 05:02 AM
cameroon
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Perihelion
Well, I'm in "Discharged" status now. I take that to mean that she's been released from the port to CN Rail. Gonna call the MA today and see what's what for a delivery date.
It could mean that you've been released to CN Rail, but if it just recently went to Discharged then you're probably in or headed to the VDC (since the "Discharged" status from WW is just a discharge from the shipping company).

Could be a lucky one though and have already made it through VDC (here's hoping! )

Old 03-27-2009, 05:50 AM
Chimera
5th Gear
Mine just arrived at the dealer :D They said I can pick up tomorrow, just trying to figure out my timing arrangements. Woohoo, new MINI!!

Old 03-27-2009, 06:04 AM
cameroon
4th Gear
Mine just arrived at the dealer :D They said I can pick up tomorrow, just trying to figure out my timing arrangements. Woohoo, new MINI!!
Great news Chimera! As for timing.... what time does the dealer open?

Old 03-27-2009, 06:08 AM
Chimera
5th Gear
It's more about what time I can convince my wife to get out of bed...the pickup will probably be around Noon I would expect. My only concern about picking up on Saturday is that my dealer doesn't do service on those days, so I don't know if a mechanic is available in case I notice something during the pre-pickup checklist. I'm checking on that now....

Old 03-27-2009, 06:16 AM
cameroon
4th Gear
It's more about what time I can convince my wife to get out of bed...the pickup will probably be around Noon I would expect. My only concern about picking up on Saturday is that my dealer doesn't do service on those days, so I don't know if a mechanic is available in case I notice something during the pre-pickup checklist. I'm checking on that now....
Good reminder about the pickup checklist. I knew there was something else I wanted to put together, and that's what it was.

Old 03-27-2009, 06:18 AM
Perihelion
4th Gear
I'm not quite sure how VDCs work in Canada. Do we just have 1 in Halifax since all cars come through there for Canada? Do we have one in each province that has a dealership? Is each dealership working as its own VDC? My MA didn't even know what a VDC was when I asked, nor did the MINI Canada hotline. Either way, she's on solid ground now so the dealership should have a pretty good idea of when they'll get the car.

Old 03-27-2009, 06:25 AM
Steveski
3rd Gear
I bugging my MA tomorrow, I'm dropping in for another joy ride in the demo. And some free food as they're doing an event for the new convertable. This might be the worst part of the wait. I got used to the regular updates when it was crossing the ocean, now it's all silent.

And yet another congrats to all those who will be picking up their Minis shortly. Have enough fun in them for me too...

Old 03-27-2009, 06:27 AM
cameroon
4th Gear
I'm not quite sure how VDCs work in Canada. Do we just have 1 in Halifax since all cars come through there for Canada? Do we have one in each province that has a dealership? Is each dealership working as its own VDC? My MA didn't even know what a VDC was when I asked, nor did the MINI Canada hotline. Either way, she's on solid ground now so the dealership should have a pretty good idea of when they'll get the car.
I figure there's a VDC (maybe still called VPC?) - found this reference http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104985 that has someone in Ontario waiting for their car to get through the VPC.

I think they'd have to have one and it'd be at the port of entry (way cheaper than having multiple spread out all over), since they've got to check for post-transit damage.

Good luck on getting an ETA

Old 03-27-2009, 07:09 AM
Atomic17
2nd Gear
Just a side note guys, the OL is WAY behind in posting status of the cars - mine still says "En Route", and he's already at the dealer, so don't bother using that as a gauge....

Old 03-27-2009, 07:39 AM
Chimera
5th Gear
So when I pick mine up tomorrow, that's 26 days from order to delivery....pretty incredible for a custom-ordered car.

Old 03-27-2009, 07:44 AM
cameroon
4th Gear
So when I pick mine up tomorrow, that's 26 days from order to delivery....pretty incredible for a custom-ordered car.
Especially when it coincided with the start of production of two new models (the gen2 based cabrio and the jcw cabrio).

Old 03-27-2009, 10:04 AM
Steveski
3rd Gear

Damn that's fast I'll be at 35 days tomorrow and I'll be happy if I get it by day 47!!! I'm jealous.

Old 03-27-2009, 10:16 AM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I placed my order in early December =(

Old 03-27-2009, 10:16 AM
COKen
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Steveski
Damn that's fast I'll be at 35 days tomorrow and I'll be happy if I get it by day 47!!! I'm jealous.
Its has been 41 days for me and I'll be lucky if I get it by the 70 day mark

Old 03-27-2009, 10:56 AM
Perihelion
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MotorMouth
I placed my order in early December =(

I hear ya. The wait is murder. What caused yours to be slowed up so long?

Old 03-27-2009, 11:58 AM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
I hear ya. The wait is murder. What caused yours to be slowed up so long?
I had to wait for a JCW build slot to open. =( Then there is the extra transit time to Hawaii.

Old 03-27-2009, 01:15 PM
cameroon
4th Gear
I was able to head out to the dealership this afternoon and see my car as it was getting ready for the dealer prep! Beautiful vehicle

Right now it looks like my MA has been able to shift things around and I may get to pick it up tomorrow at 9am!

I did grab a couple (poor) iPhone pics which I'll put up when I get home tonight.

Old 03-27-2009, 03:11 PM
Perihelion
4th Gear
*Jealous*! My MA is off today so I'll call when he's in on the weekend shift tomorrow and find out what the delivery date looks like. MINI Canada said that its now in the dealership's inventory so the dealership should be able to estimate very closely when delivery can happen.

Old 03-27-2009, 04:05 PM
J_'09s
5th Gear
Mine has been at my dealer for a week now!!! But stupid Europe law, you have to have your tags on the car b4 you can take it home!! New MINI on tuesday!!!

Quick Reply: Week 11 (3/08/09-3/14/09) Support Group